Discussion of tipun’s IWD mods and their integration in EET games

13 hours ago, Guest The_sextein said:

Could you be more specific on what exactly I need to type into the console to fix the NPC recruitment?  The problem I'm having is when I try to pick up Neera, she joins the party but will only walk a few steps before stopping.  I have to click where I want her to do repeatedly and it's unplayable.  Very strange.

Ooh it would be something like C:SetGlobal("PARTY_IN_ICEWIND_DALE",0) I think. I used EEKeeper to change it since the syntax of console commands sometimes confuses me.

Guest the_sextein

Hey doc, I found the "PARTY_IN_ICEWIND_DALE" variable in shadow keeper.  Neera was the only character that had a setting of 1 instead of 0.  I set it to 0 and saved it, everything worked great from there.  Do you know where the script is stored in the installation so I can leave it out of future installs like the other guy was saying?  BTW, if you would rather me not bring my problems in here it's perfectly understandable.  Just let me know and I'll stop.  Its just that nobody is talking about this mod and most of the uploaded files are from 2021.  EET version was abandoned so things seem pretty bleak.  I'm just looking for somewhere to chat with knowledgeable people who use this mod.  "megrimlock" was spot on with his info but I need some help finding the files to remove in the future.

21 hours ago, Guest the_sextein said:

Hey doc, I found the "PARTY_IN_ICEWIND_DALE" variable in shadow keeper.  Neera was the only character that had a setting of 1 instead of 0.  I set it to 0 and saved it, everything worked great from there.  Do you know where the script is stored in the installation so I can leave it out of future installs like the other guy was saying?  BTW, if you would rather me not bring my problems in here it's perfectly understandable.  Just let me know and I'll stop.  Its just that nobody is talking about this mod and most of the uploaded files are from 2021.

You can absolutely use this space to discuss general issues with tipun’s mods, and how to deal with them! In fact I just changed the thread title to be a bit more friendly to that. 

My recent posts are only to say that my own mod will probably not handle general issues with tipun’s IWD campaigns, since the mod has a different and more specific goal. (My integration mod has its own thread now, if that helps distinguish what is best discussed where.)

But yeah this is a fine place to discuss tipun’s mods generally and note useful variables or bugs etc. For instance in my current IWD2 campaign I noticed that the wolf totem thing you get from the drinking contest in Targos is non-functional. 

Maybe this thread could be used to collect information that could go into a FixPack-style hotfix mod that could be applied after tipun’s mods. (And maybe it would be helpful for tipun if and when he continues to work on them.)

Edited by subtledoctor
Guest the_sextein

Excellent,  I will combinde all issues I have noticed and previously mentioned into this post.  First thing I can report is that the map locations are incorrectly labeled.  Easthaven is labled "can you tell me whats wrong?"  on the EET map. As a result, all of the other map locations are bumped ahead one notch.  So Kuldehar is labeled Easthaven ect.

Another issue I have is the wizard tells you he can't transport your gear and that you should leave it behind the fireplace.  So I tell him I'm not ready to go so I can place my gear behind the fireplace but there is no location behind the fireplace to place your gear.  I had to place it in a barrel inside the beard's inn and that worked just as well.  

After beating Icewind Dale I didn't transport anywhere and FC_GLOBAL_IWD_VARIABLE was set to 4.  When I used the console to teleport back and used EE Keeper to change the variable to 5, a small box showed up behind the fireplace so I figure the programming is there but the box doesn't show up sometimes.  I have the variable set to 5 and the box isn't there anymore on my current save.  Very strange.

Other than that, Neera had her PARTY_IN_ICEWIND_DALE variable set to 1.  I let her join my party when I first met her but I had kicked her out and she was standing around the Friendly Arm In when I left for Icewind Dale.  She had no problems while she was in my party but after I came back from Icewind Dale I had her rejoin my party and she kept constantly trying to talk to my main character but wouldn't say anything.  Switching the PARTY_ICEWIND_DALE variable back to 0 fixed the problem.  I experimented with allowing other EE characters like Dorn or Rassad to join my team but none of them had the same problem.  Kind of strange.  Other than that, no problems to report. 

We were transported to Icewind dale without issues and had no problems in Icewind Dale from start to finish other than a few missing Icons for a few Items.  A single cloak, Dagger and a Mace had missing Icon's throughout the entire adventure.  They didn't crash the game and they were still usable as well.

4 hours ago, Guest the_sextein said:

First thing I can report is that the map locations are incorrectly labeled.  Easthaven is labled "can you tell me whats wrong?"  on the EET map. As a result, all of the other map locations are bumped ahead one notch.  So Kuldehar is labeled Easthaven ect.

Another issue I have is the wizard tells you he can't transport your gear and that you should leave it behind the fireplace.  So I tell him I'm not ready to go so I can place my gear behind the fireplace but there is no location behind the fireplace to place your gear.  I had to place it in a barrel inside the beard's inn and that worked just as well.  

After beating Icewind Dale I didn't transport anywhere and FC_GLOBAL_IWD_VARIABLE was set to 4.  When I used the console to teleport back and used EE Keeper to change the variable to 5, a small box showed up behind the fireplace so I figure the programming is there but the box doesn't show up sometimes.  I have the variable set to 5 and the box isn't there anymore on my current save.  Very strange.

I didn't have the same experience when I played the mod (on more than one install).

> Did you install tipun's patch for the Worldmap mod? Otherwise might explain your experience above.

> Your gear should automatically be placed in the container when you are teleported, and (in my games) was sitting waiting for me when I consoled back to Ulgoth's Beard.

Guest the_sextein

Thanks for the info.  I had a feeling the fireplace box might work like that after I returned but I wasn't willing to risk losing everything when I left for Icewind Dale so I stashed everything myself.  From now on I'll know better.  As for the world map patch, no I didn't use one.  I thought the patch was for a different map other than the one EET uses and I prefer to use the EET map.  If it will fix the naming problem on the EET map then I will dig it up and use for sure though.

Guest the_sextein

I gave the map patch a shot and it moved the icons around a little but it seems to have worked.  Thanks again for your info.  I'm still getting used to this mod and I must have misunderstood the purpose of the map patch due to language barrier.  Everything's working great now and I've moved on to the SOD portion of the game.  I plan on giving HOW a shot at some point in chapter 2 of SOA.  

Just moving this across from where I reported in Doc's other thread because it makes more sense here now:

In my install with Doc's integration mod v0.9, Gaelan still would not recognise that I had the Heartstone Gem. So I moved on and did chapters 3-5 normally. In chapter 6 I went to Small Teeth Pass. I was able to transition to the Severed Hand Map. The usual cutscene with the spectre and the squirrel played out and then... stuck. No door icon when I try to get inside, and can't go back the way I came. The game autosaves when I click on the icon at the edge of the map, but then nothing happens.

Hello !

While discussing another mod with @tipun, he mentioned that the special mod Icewind_EET should be installed as late as possible in your installation, especially after mods that add NPCs, otherwise there may be problems with quests, dialogs, etc.

Also, it's possible to install Icewind_EET after EET_End.

Here is his installation advice

1. EET
2. IWD1_EET
3. IWD2_EET
4. Tipun_GUI (component 1)  ......................
(For those who will use Tipun_Gui)
5. .........Other mods.........
6. Icewind_EET
7. EET_end
8. Subrace (only after any SCS components) ..............(
I guess it depends if you install SCS before or after EET_End)
9. Tipun_GUI (component 2)    ...................
(For those who will use Tipun_Gui)

Edited by JohnBob
Guest the_sextein

Thanks for sharing,  I didn't know that about Icewind_EET.  I've found out the hard way that the Icwind EET Map Patch will cause "out of memory" errors on an SCS installation.  I've been installing the map patch after "EET end" and "SCS".  It's the only way I can get everything to install without errors and it appears to be stable since I installed it last night.  I'll report any issues I run into but so far everything has been nice.  I think some of my earlier instability may have been caused by my lack of experience with this mod.  It's my first time trying to get Tipun's mod to work so I'm still learning.  Some of the info in here has helped me greatly in terms of install advice and work arounds for minor problems that may pop up.  This is a great mod so far though! Very ambitious.

Guest the_sextein

I used the links you provided for the latest uploads and patches from the EET forum and my map has the icons on them but they are mislabeled.  If I use the BPT map patch it fixes them so they are labeled correctly even though I'm not using the big picture mod.  I know this mod is still in it's early stages but it would be really helpful to have github packages with the latest versions so we don't have to wonder around Russian forums with machine translations to try and piece this together lol.

Hum!

I'm not sure I understand...

You are talking about "big picture mod", "EET forum", "BPT map patch" it doesn't make sense !

You used the links in this post ?

https://www.gibberlings3.net/forums/topic/35964-how-to-start-iwd-in-eet/?do=findComment&comment=318143

For now, Tipun has put aside his work on IWD_EET, meanwhile the mod has been uploaded on Github.

These are more or less the same versions, but there is nothing to do other than install the mods, no patch required :

IWD1_EET

IWD2_EET

Icewind_EET

Edited by JohnBob
Guest the_sextein

heheh yeah sorry for the confusion.  I used those links you provided.  I think the problem might have been because I didn't patch them correctly when I first installed them.  I think I have a great install now.  I started a new game and used the console to teleport to some Icewind dale locations and they are all labeled correctly.  My old save was corrected by the Big Picture Map patch so my old save games are still labeled correctly on the new install but the locations are for a different map.  I think I have this installed the best it can be now but I'll have to start a new game to see how stable it is.  I don't think my old save games would be stable on a new install. I took your advice and installed Icewind_EET right before EET-end and didn't use the map patch.  Thanks again for your help.