Discussion of tipun’s IWD mods and their integration in EET games

1 hour ago, Lightbringer said:

As I suspected, it appears that Icewind_EET requires both IWD1_ETT and IWD2_EET. Guess I better do a little code editing, then.

Sorry, I was just getting around to saying this. I can't get my integration mod to install without Icewind_EET, and I can't get Icewind_EET to install without IWD2_EET.

Honestly, for me it's easier to just install IWD2 even if I won't play it. Just to make installing the other things easier.

On 9/10/2023 at 12:29 AM, Lightbringer said:

That error you found with missiles -- is it only caused by IWD2_EET? 

I'm not sure. There are leftover problems with MISSILE.IDS even if I fix that line in the IWD2 _spells.tph file. So maybe some of the problems from from IWD1_EET.

I halfway hosed my install, need to go back and reinstall the item and spell mods, so I will be doing this again (because I install tipun's IWD mods after IWDification, which is after SR).

But the tl;dr: answer is: make that edit to IWD2, and it solves the major problems; then go into MISSILE.IDS and whatever problems are leftover are easy to spot and easy to fix.

43 minutes ago, subtledoctor said:

But the tl;dr: answer is: make that edit to IWD2, and it solves the major problems; then go into MISSILE.IDS and whatever problems are leftover are easy to spot and easy to fix.

Easy enough to do. Thank goodness for PI's pause button. 😅 I went into MISSILE.IDS after ICEWIND_EET finished to look for erroneous entries, and I didn't find any. I'll look again after PI finishes everything.

I don't use IWDification, though. I wonder if your duplicate entries came from that?

Edited by Lightbringer

That’s just the same old IWD2 game - 3E, single-platform, loading screens and everything - but with a broad-ranging fixes & tweaks mod applied. In other words it is not any kind of enhanced edition, it’s just a mod some people made. Seems to be very comprehensive, a lot of work went into it.

Tipun’s mod for EET shoves the game into BG2EE. This changes a lot - it converts the game from 3E to 2E - and it is still beta quality (a bunch of items don’t work… I’ve heard of scripting problems in Dragon’s Eye, though I didn’t make it that far when I played it recently). And it is geared for playing at high level, within BG2. But on the bright side, it plays on the modern EE 2.6 engine, and can be played on any platform that can play modded BG2EE. And within that EE, 2E context, my integration mod changes it to what it originally was, an independent campaign you play from level 1. 

So each version has its place. If you are a 3E aficionado and want to play the best version of IWD2, get the original and use that new mod. If you want to play the campaign with 2E rules and/or on a platform other than Windows, use tipun’s mod on EET

Edited by subtledoctor
Guest the_sextein

I'm playing through this on the latest version from github.  On the 4th floor of the Dragon's Eye, I had a Yuntie Mage cast feeblemind on my main character.  The effect didn't where off.  I had to remove it with EE keeper because it's duration was set for longer than a week.  I don't know if Tipun checks this thread but it's a bug that needs some adjustment with Icewind Dale in EET.