Modding for iPad/Android SoD?

jastey

I was told that my BG1+SoD mods (in this case Brage's Redemption) can't be installed to SoD on iPad because SoD is a stand alone install so any BG1 resources can't be accessed. EDIT: On Android too.

Do I see it right that I should just tagg any BG1 resources to be excluded if BG1 is not present to make my mods compatible or is there anything else to consider?

I have SoD for iPhone, and it can be modded just like the BG:ee version can. But I cant help you with the ressources thingy…. Luke or Subtledoc will surely know this.

But there is a general problem with the App in general - with or without mods. The game does - as intended - allow you export/import your game from BG into SoD. Not just the character. It works as intended.

And if you import your game, your BG companions will be there in the first crypt area - all with inventory, stats and prof. points in order.
But when you leave the crypt, you cant reload the game until you have picked up the NPC. Otherwise the NPC will be replaced with the ingame version of the NPC. It seems like it overwrites all progress, inventory and stuff? While Minsc and Dynaheir are easy to get as they where, Khalid and such are something else. Dont know if it will affect mod introduced NPC’s, but if it does and any NPC is not present in the first one or two areas, it may be problematic. Just a heads up.

ETA on a fix is uncertain….