Improved Integration of tipun’s IWD mods

In the current version of iwd-eet we tried to split original iwd(EE) lines from modified ones (they are in different files now), so it is easier to use and update the mod with existing iwd1 translations. So, I hoped to update how.tra file in your mod with "better" Russian translation. But you are right, as it is now, it better to leave it as it. However if at some point you extract only lines you use from this file, let me know and I update them with better Russian translation.

Is there any possibility that the iwd2 portion can be integrated into IWDee. So that you can choose iwd2 converted to 2e as its own campaign or even just go there straight after iwd1, timeline/exp be damned?

Sorry I've read through a ton of threads including here and the 50 pages at arcanecoaat but no one seems to have broached this topic. 

Edited by Sanderson
9 hours ago, Sanderson said:

Is there any possibility that the iwd2 portion can be integrated into IWDee. So that you can choose iwd2 converted to 2e as its own campaign or even just go there straight after iwd1, timeline/exp be damned?. 

It’s something I am exploring. Since the NWN mod is geared for ~15th level parties, I am going to try to make a script that sends your party from the IWD end boss to the beginning of the NWN mod. 

If I get that to work, I could also do it for IWD2 as an alternative. (I mean you can kind of do this right now, by exporting your IWD character before the final fight and then importing them as your party when you start an IWD2 game.)

But note, you have to choose how IWD2 words, once and for all, when you install this mod. Either it will be suitable for 1st-level characters (in which case it will not be fun for your IWD party), or suitable for 15th-level characters (in which case it will not be fun for a 1st-level party).

7 hours ago, subtledoctor said:

It’s something I am exploring. Since the NWN mod is geared for ~15th level parties, I am going to try to make a script that sends your party from the IWD end boss to the beginning of the NWN mod. 

If I get that to work, I could also do it for IWD2 as an alternative. (I mean you can kind of do this right now, by exporting your IWD character before the final fight and then importing them as your party when you start an IWD2 game.)

But note, you have to choose how IWD2 words, once and for all, when you install this mod. Either it will be suitable for 1st-level characters (in which case it will not be fun for your IWD party), or suitable for 15th-level characters (in which case it will not be fun for a 1st-level party).

Well that would be awesome. In this scenario original exp and enemies to make IWD2 authentic to original, merely as initial campaign choice. Or if you continue from IWD then we can consider the party as time-travelling demigods out to save the North instead of ragtag losers. (Yes it would severely change the dynamic of the early game but consider that a feature not a bug, if you chose IWD first.) Personally I like the idea of having IWD without any Baldur's Gate, and leaving IWD2 as authentic/original as possible converted to 2e.

This would also leave you able to use IWDee content and NPC mods, even if those NPCs won't talk in IWD2. Also what I wonder about is IWD2 itself; no IWD2 fix mods would work since all of IWD2 is already in tipun's mod. (I'm not sure that's particularly legal, and not one to care but perhaps worth noting for people who choose to distribute it.) In a perfect world there would a be a way to integrate legitimate copies of IWD2 into IWDee, though I suppose that means much of tipun's work would have to be recreated. 

The NWN mod as campaign #3 would be killer, since it doesn't seem to rely on being part of BG2. (I have not tried it yet fwiw.)

Ok sorry I'm another one of those big ideas/low skills people so all I really have to offer are ideas and encouragement for now.

On 3/15/2024 at 2:12 PM, paladin84 said:

Can you also tell me what is "langchek.tra" file (and shall I translate it or not), please? I haven't found it is using anywhere.

Langchek.tra only needs a single string, @10, which should be the word “Duration” as it appears in spell descriptions in each language. I noticed it has many more strings, but those are not necessary and I think I deleted them in the latest commits. 

@subtledoctor Every Time I try this mod I can't seem to get it to work.

I used to think maybe it had a conflict with another mod affecting UI , so I installed it as you listed it in order of your weidu.log you posted on github and still nothing.

Everytime I press one of the Icewind Campaigns, it just opens up the BG1 Intro Movie and switchs to BG 1 selection.

I really don't know what I'm doing wrong here, should I play the game normally with tipuns mod and then access it progressively before able to access it through the main menu?

I really need some help please.

I Tried installing it just yesterday with the latest version.

I'm using Lefruet's Ui Mod, most of the other mods installed are the same as what you posted in the repos list. Just with minor additions here and there.

I generally like to put my mods and play on my phone and prefer to play there which is why I always install Lefruet, because without that I can't select all available campaigns on mobile.

I haven't even finished modding, it's just no matter the Install , I've never got Integration to work , I thought maybe it was the install order but still nada as I see now.

weidu.zip

Posted (edited)

Well, I can confirm the issue is when LeUI is installed first - the IWD campaign selections work fine with out it, but do not work with it.

The bad news is, I have no idea what LeUI changes, or how EET's UI stuff responds to it, or even really how my own mod interacts with it. (Well, I mostly understand my own mod, but the recent versions of it use code donated by the guys who made NWNforBG, and working with code written by other people is always awkward.)

All I can really suggest is that you try using the older version of IWD_EET_Integration, before I adopted the code from NWNforBG. Mind you, I have no particular reason to think the old version will work with LeUI. But, it is a different method, so maybe will get different results?

LeUI must make changes to UI.MENU that cause a regexp match to fail, or something. I suppose you could muck around in Near Infinity after everything is installed. If you look near line 6685 of UI.menu, you can see that the IWD campaign entries for the lines with "elseif(buttonnum..." are missing. These get added fine when LeUI is not present, so like I say, LeUI must make some change that breaks things for mods downstream. (And if you instead install it later, it breaks a bunch of mods upstream. You begin to see why I don't like UI mods...)

You could try pasting this in between the lines for TOB and BP1, near line ~6697:

elseif(buttonNum == const.START_CAMPAIGN_ID1) then
		startEngine:OnCampaignButtonClick('ID1',true)
		Infinity_SetINIValue('Program Options','Active Campaign',const.START_CAMPAIGN_ID1)
	elseif(buttonNum == const.START_CAMPAIGN_ID2) then
		startEngine:OnCampaignButtonClick('ID2',true)
		Infinity_SetINIValue('Program Options','Active Campaign',const.START_CAMPAIGN_ID2)

A quick test suggests this might work.

Edited by subtledoctor
4 hours ago, DraikenWeAre said:

@subtledoctor So after I finish modding I should open UI menu with near infinity and paste it in the space between TOB and BG1 is what you're saying, so I understand you fully?

Yes, you will see lines that look like that for BG1, SOD, SOA, TOB, BP1, and BP2. (And maybe also TUT, or something like that, at the end.) Paste the above in between TOB and BP1.