[MOD] Dark Tidings - a quest mod for BG2

I just finished this quest with version 1.15.

It's one of the best BG2EE quests mods I played so far, and can easily be mistaken for original content. It could even be a stronghold (maybe for Black Guard and another evil route to the main quest) and fit like the other ones. 

New areas are gorgeous, story is not overly complicated but with nice touchs like the books and notes, puzzles were logical. 

Fights were balanced for my party (700,000 XP), and the new foes were interesting. 

Final fight felt epic, and reminded me of Abbalon from Guild Wars MMORPG. 

Items are interesting and balanced, now I just need to find an aquamarine... ^^

I put death ward before trying one particular nasty item. 

Thank you for your amazing work. 

When I downloaded this one from Kenzenburg forum, I also could download beta 0.7 of Lost Goddess, I'm eager to try it out too. 😀

Posted (edited)

Thank you for your review! I'm very happy that you liked the mod. 

3 hours ago, Trouveur80 said:

When I downloaded this one from Kenzenburg forum, I also could download beta 0.7 of Lost Goddess, I'm eager to try it out too.

I plan to officially release Call of the Lost Goddess V 1.0 next week. This next version V 1.0 will include an official English version and lots of improvements. The currently available version V 0.9 (as well as the outdated V 0.7) was only intended for the German language, sorry.

So hang on for one more week! 😀

Edited by Acifer
3 hours ago, deratiseur said:

French translation corrected, a ~ was missing at the end of a file. Archive available via the link updated.

Great, thank you! As soon as CotLG is finished, I will take on the translations of Dark Tidings.

On 4/30/2024 at 9:43 PM, Acifer said:

Thank you for your review! I'm very happy that you liked the mod. 

I plan to officially release Call of the Lost Goddess V 1.0 next week. This next version V 1.0 will include an official English version and lots of improvements. The currently available version V 0.9 (as well as the outdated V 0.7) was only intended for the German language, sorry.

So hang on for one more week! 😀

I will try then. 😊

Thank you! Chinese translation works fine now. I am preparing a major update to V 2.0 and plan to release this update with all the provided translations as well as improvements/bugfixes this week.

Great, it's really a great job.

1 hour ago, Acifer said:

Thank you! Chinese translation works fine now. I am preparing a major update to V 2.0 and plan to release this update with all the provided translations as well as improvements/bugfixes this week.

Posted (edited)
4 hours ago, Trouveur80 said:

I have a suggestion : allow the waterblade to be a scimitar. It fits druids as a natural weapon, and scimitars really need some love.

Oh, that's a very good idea! I would leave it as it is for the next update, simply because I don't want to ask the dedicated translators, who have been waiting for months for their translation to be published, to change something right now again. But I'll be happy to change this for a following update.
V 2.0 will be released tomorrow at the latest.
Call of the Lost Goddess has a very useful scimitar, too. 🙂

Edited by Acifer
21 minutes ago, Acifer said:

Oh, that's a very good idea! I would leave it as it is for the next update, simply because I don't want to ask the dedicated translators, who have been waiting for months for their translation to be published, to change something right now again. But I'll be happy to change this for a following update.
V 2.0 will be released tomorrow at the latest.
Call of the Lost Goddess has a very useful scimitar, too. 🙂

Nice thank you. 🙂

I just finished Blooded stings of Barovia from Lava, next quests mod to try will be Call of the Lost Goddess. 😃 

I suppose it will be fixed in the next version, but somehow the water elemental from the bowl can't be controled in version 1.5.

3 minutes ago, Trouveur80 said:

I suppose it will be fixed in the next version, but somehow the water elemental from the bowl can't be controled in version 1.5.

You mean it has a blue circle, not a green one? Yes, that's fixed.

Posted (edited)

The mod updates to version 2.0

Changelog version 2.0

• added Polish translation by Aristo; proofread by @Roberciiik
  • added French translation by JohnBob and @deratiseur
  • added Chinese translation by @lzw104522773
  • added German version conform to Shai Hulud's textpatch by Shai Hulud
  • added graphical worldmap feature - worldmap icon by @Lava, thank you! *
  • re-formatted graphics using NI's new feature: No more lines at closed doors, better water rendering!
  • added FARAWAY areatype to prevent NPCs showing up on all areas of the remote island
  • corrected item descriptions for BG2EE
  • better description formatting of books and scrolls
  • slightly better lighting in the shadow area for better orientation
  • better searchmap in the shadow area
  • AC#DTSW2.itm now works properly
  • summoned water elementals are now controlled
  • Protection from poison scroll (AC#SCRL2): correct icon for quick item slot
  • Protection from poison scroll (AC#SCRL2): correct bam for oBG2
  • removed critical item flag for most books and scrolls
  • Thalass now takes the items presented to him
  • removed invalid string in ACDT41.are
  • revamped rest-encounters in ACDT30
  • changed AC#DTKY1 and AC#DTKY2 from misc to keys
  • AC#DT30N, AC#DT12N, AC#DT10N, AC#DT11N, AC#DTBK3 now are scrolls so they can be put into scroll cases and PCs can copy the text into their journal
  • splitted ACDT22.baf to oBG2 and BG2EE

* You need to start a new game to display the area on the worldmap - this is a purely aesthetic feature, the mod can also be played as usual without starting a new game.

Many thanks to all the dedicated translators and to everyone who contributed to this version of the mod!

Edited by Acifer