Announcing mods on G3

Hello everyone,

I finished my very first mod and I want to share it, but I don't know how to do it on G3.

I've visited the "Infinity Engine Modding News" and "Item, Kit, and Spell Mods" forum sections, but I can't start a thread there.

I also don't know how to add it to the downloads section.

I would be grateful for any information.

Thank you for reading this comment!

You can open a support thread for your mod either in the General Mod Discussion section or in the Miscellaneous Released Mods section. The latter was originally only for mods hosted at G3, but over the years broadened its purpose for supporting external mod, too.

Once our Poobah notices you as a modder you will get the modder tag which allows you to write mod announcements in the Infinity Engine Modding News section.

Guest Graion|Work

FWIW, the Downloads section isn't really a big deal. From the tooling's POV, storing mods on GitHub is much more straightforward (and I don't just mean PI, but also those who update their mods directly with git).

All you need is a dedicated topic and then mentioning it if it comes up relevant on Discord. (Yes, this works for RandomGraionTweaks, I got a random shoutout on Reddit 2 weeks ago.)