Announcing Love Conquers All (LCA) – Corwin Romance Mod for EET

2 hours ago, Graion Dilach said:

Most people go with lowercase. Prior to casefolding, the convention on Linux was also to use tolower on everything (this broke on EEs, because Beamdog used FULLCAPS for a few resources).

Lowercase may be fine for the files, but the resource fields within the files need to be UPPERCASE.  While it does not matter 99% of the time, the few resource fields that do care will not work with lowercase letters.

1 hour ago, kjeron said:

Lowercase may be fine for the files, but the resource fields within the files need to be UPPERCASE.  While it does not matter 99% of the time, the few resource fields that do care will not work with lowercase letters.

Thanks. I ended up making the file structure all upper case instead of lowercase. I also blew away the cached files in git, so that when someone pulls it down now they'll get the correct casing. In my case (no pun intended), it was a bit less work. 

To clarify, when I mentioned a continuous NPC's items also being continuous, it means that whatever she had at the end of SoD she also has when you recruit her in SoA plus whatever else you give her.  It also means that whatever tomes she ate still affect her.

Edited by Endarire
5 hours ago, Endarire said:

To clarify, when I mentioned a continuous NPC's items also being continuous, it means that whatever she had at the end of SoD she also has when you recruit her in SoA plus whatever else you give her.  It also means that whatever tomes she ate still affect her.

Thanks for clarifying. I think in that case it's fairly easy to do. One thing to note is that her armor and bow (Corwin's Armor, Corwin' Bow) get improved between SoD and SoA. So if she was still carrying those items at the end of SoA, they would be destroyed, and the new ones put in their place. Same thing if for some reason, <CHARNAME> were carrying her bow and armor. They would need to be destroyed when she first joins the party in Athkatla. Easy to do, just need time to build & test.

Thanks again for the feedback.

4 minutes ago, Endarire said:

Note that Corwin's gear - or any item a PC can gain - might be stashed in a container somewhere in the world or in someone's inventory or on someone's person or on the ground somewhere between games.

That's what can happen in EET. There is no way to check for such a stashed away item.

My take on this: if the player wants to do this with personal items from NPCs, they'll have to live with doubled items in BGII.

2 hours ago, Endarire said:

Note that Corwin's gear - or any item a PC can gain - might be stashed in a container somewhere in the world or in someone's inventory or on someone's person or on the ground somewhere between games.

Good point. Yeah, that's always a possibility. I'll do a check when she first joins the party in SoA - if the old items are present in the party, delete them. If players want to get around it by dropping and picking up, stashing, or selling to a vendor, it's their prerogative I guess. 

This addition to the end of Corwin's script should do it. It will check for the items initially, then once a day thereafter.

//{ Check for old SoD items
IF 
	InParty(Myself)
	OR(2)
		!Global("XA_SoDItemCheckTimerSet", "GLOBAL", 1)
		GlobalTimerExpired("XA_SoDItemCheckTimer", "GLOBAL")
	OR(2)
		PartyHasItem("BDBOW06") // Corwin's Bow (SoD)
		PartyHasItem("BDCHAN05") // Corwin's Armor (SoD)
THEN
	RESPONSE #100
		SetInterrupt(FALSE)
		SetGlobalTimer("XA_SoDItemCheckTimer", "GLOBAL", ONE_DAY)
		SetGlobal("XA_SoDItemCheckTimerSet", "GLOBAL", 1)

ActionOverride(Player1, DestroyItem("BDBOW06"))
		ActionOverride(Player2, DestroyItem("BDBOW06"))
		ActionOverride(Player3, DestroyItem("BDBOW06"))
		ActionOverride(Player4, DestroyItem("BDBOW06"))
		ActionOverride(Player5, DestroyItem("BDBOW06"))
		ActionOverride(Player6, DestroyItem("BDBOW06"))

ActionOverride(Player1, DestroyItem("BDCHAN05"))
		ActionOverride(Player2, DestroyItem("BDCHAN05"))
		ActionOverride(Player3, DestroyItem("BDCHAN05"))
		ActionOverride(Player4, DestroyItem("BDCHAN05"))
		ActionOverride(Player5, DestroyItem("BDCHAN05"))
		ActionOverride(Player6, DestroyItem("BDCHAN05"))
		SetInterrupt(TRUE)

Continue()
END
//}

On 6/22/2023 at 1:17 AM, Endarire said:

This is done! Stats and any items she had will carry over, with the exception of Corwin's Bow (BDBOW06) & Corwin's Armor (BDCHAN05). Those don't get carried over because they are replaced with improved versions. Thanks for the suggestion.

On 6/25/2023 at 3:39 AM, LCAMod said:

This is done! Stats and any items she had will carry over, with the exception of Corwin's Bow (BDBOW06) & Corwin's Armor (BDCHAN05). Those don't get carried over because they are replaced with improved versions. Thanks for the suggestion.

Does this mean you can transfer any item from SoD to SoA by put the item you want on her and recruit her in SoA? Sounds like an exploit since normally only certain item from SoD will be placed in SoA if main character has them in inventory.

Edited by dunehunter
4 hours ago, dunehunter said:

Does this mean you can transfer any item from SoD to SoA by put the item you want on her and recruit her in SoA? Sounds like an exploit since normally only certain item from SoD will be placed in SoA if main character has them in inventory.

Yes. You could load her backpack with items, then those same items will be on her when you recruit her in SoA. I personally don't play this way, but as Endarire said, EET allows you to do this. To each their own, I guess.

15 hours ago, Endarire said:

With EET, you can stash your stuff somewhere before transitioning to SoA, finish Chateau Irenicus, then get your stashed stuff.  People have been doing that for many years.

I think it's only viable if you have mods that let you access to old areas of BG1 or SoD? I remember that Beamdog has fixed some old way to transfer items from 1 to 2.

7 hours ago, dunehunter said:

I think it's only viable if you have mods that let you access to old areas of BG1 or SoD? I remember that Beamdog has fixed some old way to transfer items from 1 to 2.

Yes, it's only viable if you have the EET mod. This mod (LCA) requires EET, since (if Corwin is in your party) you go back to Baldur's Gate after the events of SoA, instead of proceeding directly to ToB.

Edited by LCAMod