Cannot install iwd item component on EET

I got this message when i try to install the iwd item component on EET

//SKIPPING: [Add Icewind Dale items and new spells to Baldur's Gate: Enhanced Edition and Siege of Dragonspear?]
//    This component is not compatible with this game, it is only compatible with Baldur's Gate: Enhanced Edition

Any idea? @Daeros_Trollkiller

Edited by dunehunter

It's not compatible... you need to install this on the BG1EE+SoD BEFORE you install EET on top of the BG2EE and thus make a EET 'ed game from the two games... and yes, that game then will hold the modified data the BG1EE had in the new EET game.
Aka, it's not like the BGT was where you needed to have unmodified BG1 game to install it.

Edited by Jarno Mikkola
33 minutes ago, Jarno Mikkola said:

It's not compatible... you need to install this on the BG1EE+SoD BEFORE you install EET on top of the BG2EE and thus make a EET 'ed game from the two games... and yes, that game then will hold the modified data the BG1EE had in the new EET game.
Aka, it's not like the BGT was where you needed to have unmodified BG1 game to install it.

But it's weird because these IWD items can be found both in BG1 and BG2, as shown here https://github.com/Gibberlings3/SoD-to-BG2EE-Item-Upgrade/blob/master/SPOILER-LOCATIONS.md

So why the component is only installed in BG1EE folder? 

Also if i only install this component, will the item shown in my bg2 game?

Edited by dunehunter

OK I got this message after trying to install EET

//FAILURE:
//SOD2BG2_IU BG:EE mod is not recognized by EET, so it can't be imported to BG2:EE with EET
//ERROR: [D:/Games/Baldur's Gate Enhanced Edition/WeiDU.log] -> [EET/temp/WeiDU.log] Patching Failed (COPY) (Failure("SOD2BG2_IU BG:EE mod is not recognized by EET, so it can't be imported to BG2:EE with EET"))

37 minutes ago, Jarno Mikkola said:

If you have acknowledged you don't even play the EEs, then why do you think you know anything about EET? Hint: you don't. So shut the hell up.

SoD2BG2 Item Upgrade NEVER had the EET import support. There was not a single day, nor a single moment when what you're saying was ever true.

Yes, there were mods which had this EET import. However SoD2BG2 IU was never among them.

Also, the main reason why this component doesn't work on @dunehunter's game is because this component is a trimmed duplicate of the main component and everything part of this one is installed as part of the main component to an EET game. After EET.

I just checked the code to confirm this.