Android EET flickering texture

The likely problem is that the area map has the black square texture be animated by squares at the bottom of the "tile set". And Android hates standardized transparency. Mac's do it too...
Also, I don't know where the game keeps the settings data on Androids, but on PC they are in: Baldur.lua -file, that's in: C:\Users\<Windows user name>\Documents\Baldur's Gate - Enhanced Edition .. for the first game.

2 hours ago, Graion Dilach said:

No, I didn't. Can it be run after EET_end has been run?

2 hours ago, Jarno Mikkola said:

The likely problem is that the area map has the black square texture be animated by squares at the bottom of the "tile set". And Android hates standardized transparency. Mac's do it too...
Also, I don't know where the game keeps the settings data on Androids, but on PC they are in: Baldur.lua -file, that's in: C:\Users\<Windows user name>\Documents\Baldur's Gate - Enhanced Edition .. for the first game.

Yea, Android has Baldur.lua too. May I know which line I should edit?

11 hours ago, Graion Dilach said:

Yes, you need to run it after all mods have been installed. Pick a codec which is explicitly marked as Android-compatible.

And ignoire Jarno. He stopped being relevant before Beamdog was formed.

Screenshot2023-10-14092528.thumb.png.406a963432f02bf4386544f80ae5aa46.png

Only iOS is specified. I've tried number 4 & 8. Both showed textures as black. While number 16 still has the flickering. Left number 12 to try.

Edited by GloriousCheese
6 hours ago, GloriousCheese said:

Only iOS is specified. I've tried number 4 & 8. Both showed textures as black. While number 16 still has the flickering. Left number 12 to try.

PVRTC is the texture format of choice for iOS. ETC1/ETC2 are supported by Android devices.

You should try options 15 or 11. The tileset in question isn't alpha-blended.

But I'm not sure whether the "override only" options are sufficient. EET automatically places imported BGEE content into biff archives, which are not considered by the aforementioned options.

2 hours ago, argent77 said:

PVRTC is the texture format of choice for iOS. ETC1/ETC2 are supported by Android devices.

You should try options 15 or 11. The tileset in question isn't alpha-blended.

But I'm not sure whether the "override only" options are sufficient. EET automatically places imported BGEE content into biff archives, which are not considered by the aforementioned options.

In that case, I should be trying 9 or 13, because of it not being alpha-blended, right?

46 minutes ago, argent77 said:

Yes, but only if 15 or 11 doesn't fix everything. Converting all game textures can take a long time.

I was trying out 16 just now, and it was already taking quite long. I cancelled it halfway and went for 13. Hopefully it'll be ready by tomorrow morning.

Oh by the way, after conversion, the files will still be in PVRZ format, correct?

Edited by GloriousCheese

Wow, more than 12 hours and it's still not done yet. Anyone has any idea what the total file numbers are? Currently the total converted pvrz files are 407.

*Edit: Ah, nevermind, I'll just cancel it and do number 15 later.
*Edit 2: So, selecting option 15, currently there's 58 files left out of the 177 original files in the override folder. According to my estimates, the total time to complete would be 19 hours. I shudder to even think of the time needed for option 13.
* Edit 3: Finally finished at 12.5 hours. But sadly it still didn't fix the issue.
* Edit 4: I decided to copy the EET install made on my PC instead of the one made on Android, and surprisingly, the flickering disappeared. But I did notice that the amount of PVRZ files are different. 177 for the Android version, and 149 files for the PC version. Hopefully there won't be further issues.
* Edit 5: Now I'm having water texture issues instead. Sigh...
noyCTMF.jpg

Edited by GloriousCheese