Issue installing Ascension on clean install

Intro

I'm currently having extreme difficulty in installing Ascension with a completely fresh install of BG2EE. When trying to install the mod in my game directory, I receive this error when attempting to use Project Infinity: 

//Copying 1 file ...
//ERROR: unable to convert WEIDU_EXTERNAL/LANG/ASCENSION/ENGLISH/ASCENSION.TRA from cp1252 into UTF-8
//Stopping installation because of error.
//ERROR Installing [Rewritten Final Chapter of Throne of Bhaal], rolling back to previous state
//Will uninstall 190 files for [ascension\Ascension.tp2] component 0.
//Uninstalled 190 files for [ascension\Ascension.tp2] component 0.
//ERROR: Unix.Unix_error(21, "open_proc", "ascension\\lang\\iconv\\iconv.exe -c -f cp1252 -t UTF-8 \"WEIDU_EXTERNAL\\LANG\\ASCENSION\\ENGLISH\\ASCENSION.TRA\" > \"WEIDU_EXTERNAL\\LANG\\ASCENSION\\ENGLISH\\fl#utf8_ASCENSION.TRA\" 2>&1")
//Please make a backup of the file: Setup-Ascension.debug and look for support at: https://www.gibberlings3.net/forums/forum/207-ascension/
//Automatically Skipping [Rewritten Final Chapter of Throne of Bhaal] because of error.
//Using Language [English]
//NOT INSTALLED DUE TO ERRORS Rewritten Final Chapter of Throne of Bhaal
//WARNING: unpausing installation will continue from next component.
//
//WARNING: Ascension:0 has encounter errors durring installation, exited with ExitCode = 2

I also receive this error when attempting to install it manually. I have no idea what steps to take from here.

Setup-Ascension.debug ProjectInfinity-WeiDU-Error-Ascension-0.log

I saw your more general report on BeamDog's. Could this be a missing write permit on your OS? Windows is usually very protective in the C:Programs folder.

If you haven't done already, try copying the whole game folder somewhere else and mod the copy. It Is generally advised to do so for several reasons.

I'm fairly sure it's something about your permissions or possibly antivirus (WEIDU is trying to call an included program to convert a file, can't find it or isn't permitted to run it (that's the 'unix_error') and then gives up. But I'm afraid I've no idea how to fix it for you - it will depend on something about the way your particular setup is installed.