My latest super-modded EET game - with more IWD

I've been to some other places and they were interesting. Now heading to Dorn's Deep.

One thing I noticed, Orrick's dialogue never changes and the stuff he sells never changes. I believe in IWDEE there are several .DLG files, and then Tweaks Anthology has an option (I think? Or House Tweaks?) to collapse them into a single dialogue. But in tipun's mod there is only one .DLG file and it only includes his low-level stuff. Something to patch in one of my mods, I suppose. EDIT - I take it back, the upgraded store is already there. Nice!

Edited by subtledoctor

Two issues in HoW so far:

1) the IWDNPC interjections are all gibberish, there seems to be some kind of mismatch in the strrefs in the actual NPC dialogues. This seems to be an issue in tipun's IWD1_EET mod. Has not caused any actual problems, I just buzz through the weird conversation and get on with my business.

2) More problematically, the Cassia NPC mod seems to affect the first conversation with Wylfdene at the Barbarian camp in a way that makes it impossible to proceed without Cassia in your party. Which is quite rude! (Especially since this install is designed to allow completing HoW from the BG2/SoA campaign.) And it's tough to figure out exactly why, because for some reason DWYLF.DLG cannot be viewed in "tree" view in Near Infinity. (That's not a mod issue, it is also true in unmodded IWDEE v2.6.)

I think I've figured out the issue, it is with the interjection Cassia adds to state 10 of DWYLF.DLG. I need to manually add an additional trigger there. Probably can do. Worst comes to worst I can probably do it in BBEdit and recompile the .DLG.

EDIT - looks like the response trigger for the Cassia interjection needs to have

IsValidForPartyDialogue("AWCass")

added to it. Am saving now and sending the file to my iPad… EDIT 2 - yup, that did the trick.

Maybe I can Weidu-ize a hotfix for this. Not totally sure how to find and patch the proper state/response, I might need help with that.

Realized another problem though: my adjustments for the SoA campaign make it so you cannot get back into Severed Hand after bring the Heartstone Gem to Larrel. I need to adjust the logic so that the entrance stays open if you got there from Easthaven. 

Edited by subtledoctor

God HoW is a slog. 

God I hate the troll death mechanism. How is there not a mod that definitively fixes this???

I’m not even going to bother with TotLM. My will to continue this run has been completely sapped by HoW. Right at the point of getting to Lower Dorn’s Deep, which is the most interesting part of the game!

Also the amount of XP flung at you in HoW is ridiculous. Sometimes it seems like people leveled up twice just from having a few conversations between encounters! 

Sigh. Maybe I’ll start an EET game and play through BG1, then come back to this. 

On 11/7/2023 at 5:25 AM, subtledoctor said:

And it's tough to figure out exactly why, because for some reason DWYLF.DLG cannot be viewed in "tree" view in Near Infinity. (That's not a mod issue, it is also true in unmodded IWDEE v2.6.)

Why would a dialogue not be viewable in tree mode? Probably because it lacks "starting" states; you get to the relevant parts by talking to someone else and having that NPC cut in, so you'd need that other dialogue tree to see it.

1 hour ago, jmerry said:

Why would a dialogue not be viewable in tree mode? Probably because it lacks "starting" states; you get to the relevant parts by talking to someone else and having that NPC cut in, so you'd need that other dialogue tree to see it.

Yeah. Some parts of the dialogue are visible (e.g. the later part with the seer), but early parts are not. Notably, this dialogue begins with a tribe member and then Wylfdene cuts in. 

It is all visible and editable in Edit mode; just missing the convenience of finding state numbers by skimming through Tree mode. 

I find HoW at least tries to give you a tactical problem to solve at times to go along with the humongous xp. Killing trolls and remorhazes at the mountain was somewhat mindless, but the isle undead force me to retreat and reconsider the situation several times, while the sahuagin temple fight and the boss fight afterwards at least felt like they were asking me for my spell slinging game to be on point. But TotLM for me was just kill before they kill you (haha dire bears in this christian house we don't talk about dire bears ahahaaaaaaa-), and the last fighte is more frustrating than challenging. This while overleveling all of those like a bastard.

Got the bug where when ‘Big I’ dies, it goes into cut-scene mode and never comes back. The GUI is gone, the game clock is running, I cannot select anyone, and the party and remaining sahuagin are just standing around looking at each other - presumably all in shock that this ancient wyrm was such a pushover. :laugh:

Sigh. Need to check the area script I guess? I thought I had purged all HideGUI() actions from the IWD1_EET scripts. 

Unless, maybe it’s waiting on an interjection? Maybe it’s another Cassia problem? I suppose I’ll troubleshoot. I just want to finish this damn expansion. 

Also I just realized I never got around to summoning a familiar! Been meaning to try my new familiars-can-use-cantrips mod. Not sure I ever saw the Find Familiar scroll anywhere. Maybe I’ll console it in. 

Speaking of which, I wonder if I can have Severn summon the familiar. I believe that is possible in IWDEE - but maybe not in IWD1_EET? Does anyone know how that works, whether it is moddable? 

Edited by subtledoctor

I don't quite understand what is going on. ID9604.BCS has this:

Spoiler
IF
	Global("ICASARACHT_SPOKE","MYAREA",0)
THEN
	RESPONSE #100
		SetGlobal("ICASARACHT_SPOKE","MYAREA",1)
		StartCutSceneMode()
		StartCutScene("ILDRGTLK")
END

IF
	Global("GEM_ACTIVE","GLOBAL",0)
	!Global("SPRITE_IS_DEADICASARACHT","GLOBAL",0)
THEN
	RESPONSE #100
		SetGlobal("GEM_ACTIVE","GLOBAL",1)
		StartCutSceneMode()
		StartCutScene("ILDRGDED")
END

IF
	!BitCheck("IWDEET_COMPLETE","GLOBAL",BITS_HOW)
	!Global("SPRITE_IS_DEADIWD_GEM","GLOBAL",0)
THEN
	RESPONSE #100
		SetGlobal("HOW_COMPLETED","GLOBAL",1)
		BitSet("IWDEET_COMPLETE","GLOBAL",BITS_HOW)
		StartCutSceneMode()
		ClearAllActions()
		Wait(1)
		StartCutScene("ILGEMDED")
END

IF
	OnCreation()
THEN
	RESPONSE #100
		NoAction()
		Continue()
END

Then ILDRGDED.BCS has this:

Spoiler
IF
	True()
THEN
	RESPONSE #100
		CutSceneId(Player1)
		MultiPlayerSync()
		ClearAllActions()
		MultiPlayerSync()
		SetGlobal("GEM_ACTIVE","GLOBAL",1)
		CreateCreature("CUTSPY",[1000.870],S)  // No such index
		Kill("ICASARACHT")
		MoveViewPoint([943.839],BD_NORMAL)
		Activate("IWD_GEM")
		ActionOverride("IWD_GEM",SetGlobal("IwIHidden","LOCALS",0))
		ReallyForceSpellRES("IDIN160","IWD_GEM")  // No such index
		Wait(2)
		ActionOverride("IWD_GEM",ApplySpellRES("IDINVIS5",Myself))  // No such index
		ActionOverride("IWD_GEM",EquipItem("IDRING91"))  // Ring
		Wait(3)
		MoveViewObject(Myself,INSTANT)
		ActionOverride("CUTSPY",DestroySelf())
		Wait(1)
		UnhideGUI()
		MultiPlayerSync()
		EndCutSceneMode()
END

Which, there is a lot of MultiPlayerSync() and Wait() stuff going on there and I don't know why. But it is clearly not getting to the UnhideGUI() and EndCutSceneMode() actions. I can't really see why.

The cut scene starts, and everyone stops what they are doing, so presumably the ClearAllActions runs. But the MoveViewPoint does not happen. So it seems to get hung up on the second MultiPlayerSync(), or the CreateCreature(“CUTSPY”), or the Kill(“ICASARACHT”).

What is MultiPlayerSync()? Is that necessary if I’m never going to play multiplayer games?

And is the Kill() a problem if the creature is already dead?

EDIT - it was the Kill() command. ICASA.CRE did not have a script name; filling it in with “icasaracht” solved the problem. 

Edited by subtledoctor

Hmm. Marketh seems to be broken. I have completely cleared out Lower Dorn’s Deep, and every time I get within sight range of him, he is scripted to say “not yet” and teleport away. A gnome mention something about his ring, and my only response is “I’ll work on it.” 

The bell from Marketh’s throne room fell down into the garden, but that doesn’t seem to have changed anything and I don’t know if it is related. I talked to Ginafae but her dialogue seems weird and resolves to just repeating the gnome’s last response, which seems like a mistake. These are basically the only three people left alive here, and I don’t see a resolution.

EDIT - seems to be the same as this problem, which supposedly was fixed in UBv5. Maybe tipun’s mod includes an earlier version? Or something got lost in translation. 

Sigh. I’ll try replacing or patching Marketh’s dialogue so I can put a fix into my hotfix mod. But after that, maybe it’s time to head down to the sword coast. 

Edited by subtledoctor
6 hours ago, cccow said:

Just to note, I am at the Severed Hand for the first time, but cannot enter. Have a lot of mods so could be a number of things tbh. However, saw mention of a similar issue above, though in reference to a return to the Severed Hand...

Are you playing IWD1_EET? 

Did you get to SH by way of Athkatla? Or is this an IWD-only campaign? Do you have the Heartstone Gem in your inventory? (If you are coming from Athkatla and don’t have the Gem, and have not spoken to Gaelan about it, then it is meant to block your entry.)

I didn’t have any trouble getting into SH the first time. Only later, when I returned to close out some quests there (with Larrel and the priest) I couldn’t enter because I no longer possessed the Heartstone Gem. I’m pretty sure I have this fixed locally… if you upload your copy of ID5000.BCS from your override folder I could check it and possibly fix it. 

Edited by subtledoctor

Hi,

Yes IWD_EET by way of Ulgoth's Beard and it was the first time - Larrel & the squirrel sequence played... I got in via console to the 1st level - now about to ascend to level 2.  I had the gem... realised now it was in the bag of holding I got in Kuldahar, though if I console back out with it in inventory and outside the bag - still the same issue.

I have a lot of mods ... and not so much experience...  so it is quite possible something else is going on.  

ID5000.bcs WeiDU.log