Anton

It took me only a month, and I managed to compile a workable EET with many mods. I'll post it for anyone's interest. It had minor errors. My idea was:

• 1. have lots of content so that you can start several games without building a new game every time you want to try something out.
  • 2. have all kinds of convenience and ease-of-use stuff.
  • 3. add ADnD rules whenever they are practical and non-annoying
  • 4. avoid buggy or bad content that breaks the game.
  • 5. avoid content that switches up everything or cranks up the difficulty to Dark Souls.
  • 6. avoid useless bloat, like boring kits that are 90% similiar to existing kit or bland NPCs who hardly ever banter, or entirely new concepts like shadow magic.

I started from my notes from an old 2020 build, and read up.

So, without further ado, here it is:

1.       DLC Merger. Option 3.

2.       Pre-EET BG1 mods

a.       BG1 unfinished business (0, 11-14, 16-19, 21-22, 29-30, 32-34) having installed Svlast (32) and Nim Furlwing (30) here, I have to keep them out from NTotSC. I won’t pretend I know the difference between the two versions, but I suspect that UB versions are more streamlined.

b.       Stone of Askavar (Default version, in accordance with EET compatibility list)

c.       k9 Shar-Teel NPC Mod

3.       EET itself, GUI Mods, Enhancements

a.       EET Core (I don’t know what “mod checker” or “mod converter” do, but they seemed to add several hours to the install process, so I skipped them. Skipped the GUI module because I have GUI mods)

b.      Bubb’s revert Pathfinding (if you auto-downloaded this like me, you need to manually delete the 2.5 version in the folder)

c.       lefreut’s enhanced UI (BG2EE skin, component 0 and 2)

d.      EEUI Tweaks (Lacks proper documentation – conflicts between modules are collected here: https://forums.beamdog.com/discussion/60717/mod-eeuitweaks-mod-collection-all-ee-v2-2-platforms/p1. Links to what the components do are also right there. I ignored components that were introduced after the documentation on the forum)

i.      Mods options

ii.      Hidden Game Options

iii.      Mr2150’s Random PC Generator

iv.      Mr2150’s Scaleable Portrait Picker

v.      Mr2150’s Backup M_BG.lua

vi.      Mr2150’s Update Portraits

vii.      Adul’s Unhide Chargen Options

viii.      Display Max Proficiency

ix.      Adul’s Message Box Resize Button (Error: cannot identify UI Platform)

x.      Lefreut’s Levelup Glow (no Click)

xi.      Lefreut’s 1.3-ish Dialog Box

xii.      Lefreut’s Improved Record Screen

xiii.      Leveling Progress Bar Tweaks

xiv.      Leveling Progress Bar Options

xv.      Lefreut’s Journal (Quests collapsed)

xvi.      Lefreut’s Improved Inventory (With comparison)

xvii.      Lefreut’s Store Screen Tweaks

xviii.      Lefreut’s Inscribed Arcana (Error: Not_found)

e.       Druid Grove Makeover

f.        BGEE classic movies (Add missing movies, show all movies)

g.       Unfinished Business BG2 (except “cat and mouse”, the original portraits & the kits)

h.      Almateria’s Restoration (except Better Items Import and Alternate Slayer Change)

i.         Endless BG1 (original BG1 Elminster text)

j.         Boareskyr Bridge (everything)

k.       Jastey’s Tweaks (3,4,5,12,21)

4.       Quests

a.       Ascension (No tactic components, no portrait changes)

b.      Fading Promises

c.       BG Mini Quests & Encounters (everything)

d.      Hidden Adventure (no extended anomen)

e.       Dark Side of the Sword Coast (main component only)

f.        Northern Tales of the Sword Coast main component, Keelor, Llindellyn, Pilar and Ghendelar. Fighting encounters. No Nim and Svlast, as they are already covered by UB.

g.       Dark Tidings

h.      Lure of Sirine’s Call (everything, since I don’t do graphics overhaul)

i.         Ascalon’s Questpack (original versions since I use neither glam nor shadow magic)

j.         Adalon’s Blood

k.       Tower of Deception (only main component)

l.         Gorgon’s eye (both components)

m.     Assassinations

n.       Back to Brynnlaw (I don’t use Tactics so incompatibility doesn’t matter)

o.      Sellswords

p.      Reunion

q.      Colours of Infinity:

i.      Tales of Deep Gardens

ii.      Innershade

iii.      White Queen

iv.      Eilistaee’s Song

v.      I shall never Forget

r.        Fishing for Trouble

s.       Athkatlan Grounds:

i.      Southern Edge

ii.      Alabaster Sands

iii.      The Tangled Oak Island

iv.      The Ooze’s Lounge

v.      The Bridge’s Block

t.        Dreadful Tales Juniper & in Love and Undeath

u.      The Journey to Whin Hill

v.       Shades of the Sword Coast

w.     Balduran’s Seatower

x.       The Calling

y.       Skip Chateau Irenicus

z.        Minotaur and Lilarcor

aa.   Lucy the Wyvern

bb.   Iron Modder 10 by Ding0 and Kulyok

cc.    Vanishing of Skie Silvershield

5.       Items etc.

a.       Improved Haer Dalis Swords

b.      Cliffette’s Keyring (Shopkeeper version)

c.       Thalantyr’s Item Upgrade

d.      Wes Weimer’s Item Upgrades (revised, with Cespenar sounds)

e.       More Style for Mages (no stones of teleportation, no customizable familiars)

f.        Of Heirlooms and Classes

g.       Stuff of the Magi (Less cheesy, equipped)

h.      Silver Staff of Aule

i.         Heart of the Wood

j.         Spell Revisions

6.       NPCs and NPCey Stuff

a.       Mur’Neth

b.      Neera Expansion

c.       Indira

d.       Gavin (0-2, 10), Valerie, Isra and Cross-Mod Stuff

e.       Bristlelick

f.        BG1 Romantic Encounters + NPC Project + music

g.       Ajantis Expansion

h.      Kivan for BG2 (first component only)

i.         Xan (0,5,6)

j.         Yeslick (Fighter-Cleric)

k.       Gavin for BG2 (0, 2)

l.         Tiax for BG2

m.    Coran for BG2

n.      Angelo

o.      Ninde

p.      Tyris

q.      Adrian

r.        Isra

s.       Faldorn

t.        Hephernaan

u.      BG1 Chars in BG2 (Water Gardens, Shar-Teel, Garrick, TOB Part, Kagain, Alora, Xzar&Montaron, Inter-Component-Banter) (ERROR: for the TOB Part, you seem to need  all the other components, even though you chose to skip some to have Lava’s version)

v.       Smiling Imp’s cross-mod banter (Shar-Teel, Garrick, Yeslick, Alora, Xzar-Monty, Tiax-Quayle, Faldorn, Kagain, Kivan, Ajantis)

w.     Branwen for BG2

x.       Tyris Flare

y.       Angelo

z.        Skie – The Cost of One Girl’s Soul (all components)

aa.   De’Arnise Romance

bb.   IEP Banters (everything)

cc.    Xan’s Friendship

dd.   Keldorn Romance (no new portrait)

ee.   Various BG2 Friendship Mods (Coran, Haer’Dalis, Viconia, Mazzy, Korgan)

ff.      Jastey’s Solaufein (everything except animations)

gg.   More Friendship Mods (Minsc, Yoshimo, Cernd, Imoen, Valygar, Sarevok, Dorn)

hh.   Pocket Plane Banter Packs (everything)

ii.       Wings (don’t remove conflict with Hexxat)

jj.       Branwen

kk.   Kelsey, Keto, Ilyos

ll.       Romantic Encounters BG2

mm.                      Nephele

nn.   Corthala Romantique

oo.   Skie (a pass on the Resurrection of Eddard Silvershield)

pp.   Test your Mettle! (75% damage reduction; for some reason 4udr4n’s list places this here, Idk but ok)

qq.   Breagar

rr.     Hubelpot (vegetable farmer class)

ss.     Flirt Packs

tt.     Crossmod Banter Packs

7.       Other Tweaks and Late Quests

a.       Road to Discovery

b.       d0Questpack (* except creature and boss improvement, random encounters and Oasis combat enhancement)

c.       Heroes, Thieves and Moneylenders  (everything)

d.       Nostalgia (restore Flaming Fist only)

e.       SD Random Tweaks

i.      Cure and Similar Spells Bypass Spell Protections

ii.      Add 1-Round Blindness to Color Spray

iii.      Change Protection from Petrification into “Mirrored Eyes”

iv.      Allow Targets of Sleep to Wake on Hit

v.      Improve Faerie Fire

vi.      Add Missile Avoidance to Blur

vii.      Make Luck Affect Whole Party

viii.      Add Lingering Effects to Sinking Cloud

ix.      Tweak Slow Poison

x.      Make Haste and Slow Cancel Each Other Out

xi.      Make Hold Undead and Control Undead Bypass MR (?? ERROR gave warning: nothing altered)

xii.      Improve Casting Time of Exaltation and Spiritual Clarity

xiii.      Add Faerie Fire and Slow On Hit to Moonblade

xiv.      Allow Target of Otiluke’s Sphere to Use Inventory

xv.      Change Neutralize Poisons

xvi.      Add Saving Throw Against Level Drain

f.        NPC Tweaks (Anomen, Cernd)

g.       Morpheus’ Kitpack (Rashemar Berserker for Minsc, Deathbringer for Sarevok, Archmage Prestige Kit)

h.       Divine Remix (spell revisions has some conflicts, see latter’s readme)

i.      Only add spells if not present

ii.      Cleric Remix with following Kits: Silverstar of Selune, Nightcloak of Shar, Battleguard of Tempus, Painbearer of Ilmater, Lorekeeper of Oghma, Heartwarder of Sune, Strifeleader of Cyric.

iii.      Change Branwen and Viconia.

i.         Song and Silence (no luring piper, no soulknife, no shadowdancer)

j.         Rogue Rebalancing (no improved Shadow Thieves)

8.       Tweaks

a.       aTweaks

i.      Restore innate infravision for Halforcs

ii.      Illithids can’t devour skeletons’ brains

iii.      Magic arrows & bolts deal bonus damage

iv.      Disease Immunity for Paladins

v.      Racial Traits for Dwarves and Gnomes

vi.      PnP Undead, Mephits and Fey creatures

vii.      Revised Call Woodland Beings spell

viii.      PnP Elementals + Increase Hit Dice of Elemental Princes

ix.      Breach cancels item Stoneskin

x.      Instant casting for warrior innates

xi.      Enhance Bhaalpowers

xii.      Uninterruptable druidic shapeshifting

xiii.      Mislead clones can’t sing Bard songs

xiv.      Project Image and Simulacrums can’t use quickslot items

xv.      Death Ward protects against Vorpal Hits

xvi.      Nishruu and Hakeashars are vulnerable to Dispel Magic

xvii.      Alignment detection more accurate

xviii.      Bard songs break invisibility

xix.      Lowered XP rewards from locks, traps and scrolls

xx.      Unbiased quest rewards

xxi.      Change appearance of Valygar’s armor

xxii.      BG2-style icons for aTweaks content

b.      cdtweaks

i.      Viconia Skin Color

ii.      Weapon Animation Tweaks

iii.      Disable Portrait Icons added by Equipped Items

iv.      Commoners Use Drab Colors

v.      Unique Icons

vi.      Character Colours for non-magical shields and helmets

vii.      Remove Blur effect from items

viii.      More interjections

ix.      Alter HP triggers for NPC wounded dialogs

x.      Reveal Cloakwood (except Mines) before Bandit camp (needs to be installed after the world map, moved accordingly in the sorting order)

xi.      Improved Athkatla city guard

xii.      Send Bioware NPCs to inns

xiii.      Add Bags of Holding

xiv.      Exotic Items

xv.      Shapeshifter rebalancing

xvi.      Multiple Strongholds (keep class restrictions)

xvii.      Allow Cromwell to Upgrade Whatcher’s Keep Items

xviii.      Allow Cespenar to use Cromwell Recipes

xix.      Move NPCs: Alora, Quayle, Tiax

xx.      Rebalance Weapon Proficiencies

xxi.      Change Grandmastery: True Grandmastery

xxii.      Magically created items zero weight

xxiii.      Mage progression table: PnP

xxiv.      Druid progression table: PnP

xxv.      Remove Delay for Magical Traps

xxvi.      Remove Summon Caps

xxvii.       Druids use 3e

xxviii.      Exceptional Strength Weight Limit changes

xxix.      Speed up de’Arnise

xxx.      Happy Patch: Angry, but never leave

xxxi.      Neutrals happy at middling reputation

xxxii.      Keep Drizzt’s Loot

xxxiii.      Sellable Items

xxxiv.      Taerom makes additional Ankheg Armor

xxxv.      Recoverable ammo: 25% chance

xxxvi.      Personalize Save Names

xxxvii.      Death Cam

xxxviii.      Start Games with Party AI off

xxxix.      No Deprecation

xl.      Make Party Members less likely to die irreversibly

xli.      Adjust Evil reaction rolls

xlii.      Make Jaheira neutral good

xliii.      Ensure Shar-Teel doesn’t die.

c.       Klatu Gloves, Manual, Disintegration + Imprisonment

d.      NPC Kit: Improved Mage Desc., Imoen+Nalia Adventurers

9.       World Map

a.       Worldmap (also for ToB)

10.   Portraits

a.       PPE

b.      Picture Standard

11.   EET End

ProjectInfinity-InstallSequence-2023.10.24-10꞉47.log

Edited by Anton
1 minute ago, Anton said:

Neither SoD2BG2 Item Upgrade, nor Soundsets, which 4rdur4n proposes to put first,

I'm fairly sure I've always advised DLCmerger before everything and I have had installs circa 2020 with those functioning (soundsets partially) when installed before EET.
Regardless, they are no longer in that order in my guide so we are now in agreement.

8 minutes ago, Anton said:

Svlast (32) and Nim Furlwing (30)

Thanks for the reminder that these are the overlapping components, I've added them to my guide.

9 minutes ago, Anton said:

I don’t know what “mod checker” or “mod converter” do

They are tools for modders.

13 minutes ago, Anton said:

Lure of Sirine’s Call (everything, since I don’t do graphics overhaul)

Can you link to discussion of incompatibility please, I wasn't aware of this.

17 minutes ago, Anton said:

Back to Brynnlaw (I don’t use Tactics so incompatibility doesn’t matter)

Is this regarding the lich room issue?

21 minutes ago, Anton said:

Skie (a pass on the Resurrection of Eddard Silvershield)

Some say that is the best bit! I'd agree.

23 minutes ago, Anton said:

Test your Mettle! (75% damage reduction; for some reason 4udr4n’s list places this here, Idk but ok)

I think that was an error, it is currently before SirinesCall.

35 minutes ago, 4udr4n said:

Can you link to discussion of incompatibility please, I wasn't aware of this.

it was here: https://forums.pocketplane.net/index.php?topic=29738.msg340283#msg340283

Although from reading this more recent posting here, it sounds like BGGO team already took care of that:

Nevertheless, I'm rather safe than sorry and don't have time to just go and try it out, so no BGGO for me for the time being, with not being a fan of CTDs and everything.

Out of curiosity, do you use the worldmap mod over the EET worldmap for aesthetic preferences, or does it have some functionality required for other mods in your list? The reason I ask is because I like the look of the worldmap, and I've never used it in game, but when I loaded up pictures from the modflies, the map itself looked fairly blurry at high resolution.  

16 minutes ago, Delior said:

Out of curiosity, do you use the worldmap mod over the EET worldmap for aesthetic preferences, or does it have some functionality required for other mods in your list? The reason I ask is because I like the look of the worldmap, and I've never used it in game, but when I loaded up pictures from the modflies, the map itself looked fairly blurry at high resolution.  

I guess it's just what I'm used to from back in the BGT times. Gotta try a build without and compare them. 🤔

Have to say I loooove the base EET worldmap. The old BGT worldmap look like it was made by an 11-year-old with MS Paint in 1996. (Which, to be fair, may not be far from the truth.)

EDIT - however, the BP-BGT map is required for certain mods, if I understand correctly. It is definitely larger and more comprehensive than the basic EET map. Just less pretty. 

Edited by subtledoctor

Ah, now that I looked at both, I see that the original map looks more like a properly enlarged BG2 map that would be included in a professional release of a commercial game, and there is nothing to be said against that. I do prefer the old BGT map though, as nothing screams "big world" as loudly as a huge, nerdy map of Faerun which it offers, even though the mods I use don't do Calimport or Soubar or whatever, those locations having been visited in some particularly over-eager mods only IIRC.

22 hours ago, Anton said:

ll.       Romantic Encounters BG2

Gavin BGII includes reactions to RE. For this, RE needs to be installed before Gavin BGII. I would install RE before NPC mods as a general rule. (My Ajantis BGII mod would also include reactions to RE, and I'd assume Xan BGII has them, too, maybe also other NPC mods).

1 hour ago, jastey said:

Gavin BGII includes reactions to RE. For this, RE needs to be installed before Gavin BGII. I would install RE before NPC mods as a general rule. (My Ajantis BGII mod would also include reactions to RE, and I'd assume Xan BGII has them, too, maybe also other NPC mods).

Thank you. RE itself doesn't have any reactions to NPCs?

@4udr4n what I noticed in your table is that you put heroes, thieves and moneylenders fairly high in the order (like 55 or so), while the readme (https://gibberlings3.github.io/Documentation/readmes/readme_htam_english.pdf) and your own table says that they are supposed to be installed after the NPC mods.

@jastey thanks, I'll rebuild it posthaste. It's great to have a community that takes a look and corrects the mistakes. :)