Rogue Rebalancing removing entries in Stats.ids

I noticed when installing Tactics Remix, that some components (ie: Irenicus were throwing parse errors about not finding DEATH_WARD or LEVEL_DRAIN_IMMUNITY in spells.ids, usually variations of:

[tactics-remix/baf/twisted_rune/hllayen.baf.BAF] PARSE ERROR at line 2223 column 1-45 Near Text: )
[CheckStat] argument [DEATH_WARD] not found in [Stats.IDS]

I've been checking the successive mod backups of Stats.IDS in my last install, and seems like those entries disappear once the file goes through Rogue Rebalancing's Bard High Level Ability revisions. This happens both of @CamDawg's and @TotoR's forks, so I guess it must be something from the original RR, and it probably affects more mods and/or entries.

Edited by Connelly
1 hour ago, Connelly said:

I noticed when installing Tactics Remix, that some components (ie: Irenicus were throwing parse errors about not finding DEATH_WARD or LEVEL_DRAIN_IMMUNITY in spells.ids, usually variations of:

[tactics-remix/baf/twisted_rune/hllayen.baf.BAF] PARSE ERROR at line 2223 column 1-45 Near Text: )
[CheckStat] argument [DEATH_WARD] not found in [Stats.IDS]

I've been checking the successive mod backups of Stats.IDS in my last install, and seems like those entries disappear once the file goes through Rogue Rebalancing's Bard High Level Ability revisions. This happens both of @CamDawg's and @TotoR's forks, so I guess it must be something from the original RR, and it probably affects more mods and/or entries.

Please try this and see if it works. The fix will be localized to Tactics Remix, but it should get you sorted.

Edited by morpheus562
16 minutes ago, Connelly said:

so I guess it must be something from the original RR, and it probably affects more mods and/or entries.

It is true, RR use on old version of Detectable spell library.

However, mods that need "ds" will actually use a more uptodate version that should correct this behavior.

If you can, install RR early and before other tactical mods.

With the talk about the Detectable Spell library, I just noticed there's a fork of RR by a Selphira which mentions " Update Detectable Spells from v3-20180512 to v4.0.1". I tried using that fork just out of curiosity, but I'm still getting parse errors. 🤷‍♂️

7 minutes ago, morpheus562 said:

Can you try this please?

"ERROR: cannot convert ds_installed or %ds_installed% to an integer".

1 minute ago, Connelly said:

With the talk about the Detectable Spell library, I just noticed there's a fork of RR by a Selphira which mentions " Update Detectable Spells from v3-20180512 to v4.0.1". I tried using that fork just out of curiosity, but I'm still getting parse errors. 🤷‍♂️

"ERROR: cannot convert ds_installed or %ds_installed% to an integer".

Incremental changes...please try this.

tactics-remix-v0.6.2-beta.exe

I had a similar problem with RR (if I remember correctly it was component 7) and The Artisan's Kitpack, precisely Warhorn Shaman Kit.
RR, due the old DS version purge duplicated entries in STAT.IDS when resorting the file (the destructive behavious was changed in v4) and so the parse errrors popped, in my case it was due to LEVEL_DRAIN_IMMUNITY and DEFENSIVE_MODIFIER missing. I merged CamDawg's and TotorR's forks with Selphira's update to DS and it worked.
aTweaks could potentially cause the same issues, but being installed usually very late, it has a low chance to pop during the install.