SCS v35 Revised handling of death effects

Hello and thank you for the new version.

I encountered a problem with this component in BGEE while doing the classic basilisk cheese for EXP:

even though my main character was under the protection from petrification spell, the petrification effect from the basilisk still got through (?), since I saw the sprite turn grey, but was still moving and attacking, turned on 1 HP and triggered a game over screen, all of this instantly.

I'm not sure if it's the component's fault, since I installed other tweak mods.

I don't have a weidu.log since I deleted the game in frustration.

If somebody else is not having this problem then it might be some component from one of the tweaks mod I installed.

Edited by Elder Enigma
20 minutes ago, DavidW said:

Can you post your weidu.log.

I do not have it anymore, as I wrote in my previous post.

2 hours ago, Elder Enigma said:

I don't have a weidu.log since I deleted the game in frustration.

But those are the mods I installed in this order:

•EEex
•Leufret's Enhanced UI
EE UI Tweaks
•Bubbs Spell Menu Extended
•Classic Movies
•Icewind Dale Voice Pack
•Icewind Dale II Voice Pack
•Neverwinter Nights Voice Pack
•Convenient EE NPCs
•Improved Archer Kit
•Forgotten Armament
•IWDification
•The Tweaks Anthology
•Sword Coast Stratagems
•jmerry Tweaks Collection
•Klatu Tweaks And Fixes
BG2 Tweaks And Tricks
•Enhanced Powergaming Scripts
•Infinity Sounds

I know it's not helping much.

Hi, same experience here. Protection from petrification doesn't work on MC (and only MC), neither arcane nor green scroll. Basilisks just straight up ignore it. Works ok on party members and if petrified, the portrait stays.

Also, after getting turned back to flesh, mage/cleric MC lost ability to cast any spells. They are memorized and castable, but trying to use them does nothing. No animation plays and they stay memorized.

My mod list is much shorter and it's a fresh install: cdtweaks, SCS 35, bubbs spell menu

Keep up the good work 

Edited by Anterwaare

'Characters who die 'permanently' by being (e.g.) incinerated or disintegrated are no longer kicked out of the party (more precisely: they immediately rejoin the party).'

This part of the component seems that messes up the color palette of the character after being resurrected, or atleast it did for me when I resurrected Viconia, it sets all four colors to a type of red.

'Resurrection spells cast by a temple do not require diamonds, but the cost has been increased by 1,000 gp.'

I think 1,000 gp is SO cheap for such a game changing feature that I feel like cheating, and considering how much gold you can get in ToB from selling all the equipment enemies drop.

I know it is possible to change the cost in the .ini file, but still.

38 minutes ago, Elder Enigma said:

This part of the component seems that messes up the color palette of the character after being resurrected, or atleast it did for me when I resurrected Viconia, it sets all four colors to a type of red.

This is supposed to be overridden but clearly it's not working here. Is it all resurrected creatures or just Viconia.

39 minutes ago, Elder Enigma said:

I think 1,000 gp is SO cheap for such a game changing feature that I feel like cheating, and considering how much gold you can get in ToB from selling all the equipment enemies drop.

I know it is possible to change the cost in the .ini file, but still.

I'm a bit confused: if you think it should be higher, can't you just adjust it in the ini?

2 hours ago, DavidW said:

Is it all resurrected creatures or just Viconia.

Well I don't know, it happened to me only with Viconia for now. The colors probably got messed up when she auto-rejoined the party after being permanently killed.

1 hour ago, RoyalProtector said:

Perhaps the idea is that the default value is worth reconsidering?

Yes that's what I meant. I'm not saying it MUST be changed, it's just an opinion.

Well I don't know, it happened to me only with Viconia for now. The colors probably got messed up when she auto-rejoined the party after being permanently killed.

The color change is automatic and hardcoded. The component is supposed to apply a spell that reverses it on party-rejoin; it's obviously not worked in this case for some reason.

Yes that's what I meant. I'm not saying it MUST be changed, it's just an opinion.

I'm persuadable here; I think I set it to a fairly low number because I'm conscious it's competing with Power Word: Reload, but I may be forgetting the levels of gold you tend to end up with in appropriate stages of the game.