SCS v35 Revised handling of death effects

13 hours ago, DavidW said:

I'm persuadable here; I think I set it to a fairly low number because I'm conscious it's competing with Power Word: Reload, but I may be forgetting the levels of gold you tend to end up with in appropriate stages of the game.

You can't really prevent "save/load scumming", there will be people who will reload the game just because having to resurrect a character could mean that the dead characters don't get the final XP of the fight, and/or and equipping them back and remanage the inventory is a pain and they'd rather redo the fight more cleanly (and I've done that myself -- mostly because I absolutely hate that characters can get uneven amounts of XP because of such events)... 

But generally I'm in agreement with OP's perspective. In ToB, 2000 gold is cheap change, you get that by selling the loot of one or two basic enemies (most of the them have some sort of weapon or armor that is magical, and magical gear tend to have a substantial jump in selling price compared to non-magical).... And generally, in my experience, by the time you reach ToB, if you started from SoA, you are already extremely rich anyway.

Edited by RoyalProtector
17 hours ago, DavidW said:

The color change is automatic and hardcoded. The component is supposed to apply a spell that reverses it on party-rejoin; it's obviously not worked in this case for some reason.

It may also be this component of Tweaks Anthology messing things up:

~CDTWEAKS/SETUP-CDTWEAKS.TP2~ #0 #190 // Use Character Colors Instead of Item Colors -> For all shields and helmets: v16

17 hours ago, DavidW said:

I'm persuadable here; I think I set it to a fairly low number because I'm conscious it's competing with Power Word: Reload, but I may be forgetting the levels of gold you tend to end up with in appropriate stages of the game.

My apologies if I sounded like an a*****e, I was just surprised how low you set the cost for that feature that's all.

I do have Forgotten Armament that add items to the game, so I can potentially sell them, and 'No Depreciation in Stores' component from Tweaks Anthology.

Players can also stack potions that grants pick pocket stat to increase and then steal items from various merchants then potentially sell them to the black market thief, which can get the player a lot of gold.

I still think even without these most players can get a lot of gold, and in my opinion this sub-component 'defeats' the idea of using other characters when you permanently lose one.

Keeping in mind this also applies to BGI, in which you need sometime to get a lot of gold, I would set the price to 5,000 gp or around that number.

Again it's just an opinion.

I also have a couple of questions;

is it possible to have Revised handling of death effects like disintegration, petrification and imprisonment component without that sub-component?

how do the romance/s or characters behave when they auto-rejoin the party? For example: if Jaheira is kicked out of the party too many times she dissapears forever.

2 hours ago, RoyalProtector said:

I suppose the price should change in different stages of the game (and perhaps based on how many times the resurrection was requested, although I never liked that system too much -- that does promote more save scumming).

That's fairly demanding technically.

1 minute ago, DavidW said:

That's fairly demanding technically

That's too bad. I suppose a fixed price for when you're filthy reach and when you're poor is going to feel either unfair or too easy. I don't have any suggestions for a fairer quantity, regardless. Would be nice if it could be at least controlled with user commands (not the most immersive thing, but I'm a developer lol so I don't mind things like that).

24 minutes ago, Elder Enigma said:

My apologies if I sounded like an a*****e, I was just surprised how low you set the cost for that feature that's all.

You're fine.

Thinking more about this, I now recall that the reason for the pricing is that the spell requires an actual diamond. They cost 1000gp, and I didn't want to mess with the in-game economy too much by changing the price of diamonds. The difficulty in finding diamonds is a further constraint on the spell. (The ini-controlled cost is for resurrection in temples.) That makes it a bit fiddly to give too much fine control on the price.

28 minutes ago, Elder Enigma said:

I do have Forgotten Armament that add items to the game, so I can potentially sell them, and 'No Depreciation in Stores' component from Tweaks Anthology.

Players can also stack potions that grants pick pocket stat to increase and then steal items from various merchants then potentially sell them to the black market thief, which can get the player a lot of gold.

If you want to do that kind of thing I'm fairly relaxed about you having tons of gold. I don't play that way and SCS tends to be calibrated to my own playstyle.

29 minutes ago, Elder Enigma said:

is it possible to have Revised handling of death effects like disintegration, petrification and imprisonment component without that sub-component?

Do you mean without the shifts to Resurrection? Yes, probably I can add an ini bypass.

30 minutes ago, Elder Enigma said:

how do the romance/s or characters behave when they auto-rejoin the party? For example: if Jaheira is kicked out of the party too many times she dissapears forever.

It should work fine. The romance kick-outs rely on the character's script running while out of the party; they don't get a chance here.

33 minutes ago, Elder Enigma said:

That is a recurring problem with some mods, especially megamods that insist on showering you with extremely overpowered stuff, which you might as well sell instead to not unbalance the game (not saying that mod is like that). I have sometimes just dug a hole and dumped them in there to avoid the temptation to unbalance my game.

I do like depreciation in stores component because depreciation it's a bit of a "gamey" half-baked feature in the worst sense. If the shops behaved more dynamically, I would accept it, but I suppose it increases the chances of economical unbalance (I don't see the fun in searching for stores to get the best selling value though).