Help with sys_error(setup_stratagems No such file or directory)

Hey there,

not sure what the issue is.  I tried with a steam account and from GOG and I get the same error.  The files are saved in the same folder as the chitin file so not sure what the issue is.  Also get the same message on a mac and a pc...

I also saved in the programs folder, then tried putting it under a different folder I created in the User folder.

I get the error after selecting install batch file

any help would be greatly appreciated

Edited by Wagon
corrections

unpack the archive into game folder like this "D:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\Baldurs Gate 2". that is all you have to do. If you have only one disk/partition it is recommended to create folder like "Games" or wahtever and then installing steam in that folder like this "C:\Games\Steam\..." not in "C:\Program Files".

Thanks InKal.  I would love to get this fixed but I am still doing something wrong.  I think my file location is OK, I attached a screenshot.  

image.thumb.png.6e4009e5e54bd5200d68a2f1626ad74f.png

Here is what the error looks like when I run the setup-stratagems from this folder.

image.thumb.png.35c5d2aef3378e80d4683b7a7d87450a.png

If I understand well, the setup-stratagen.exe binary (actually a renamed weidu.exe) tries to update itself (check version, download a newer  one ifmore recent etc.).

That is (probably?) not required anyway with a recent enough scs version. But in any case, i guess it fails because it tries to find setup-stratagems while the file name is setup-stratagems.exe.

Does replacing setup-STRATAGEMS with setup-STRATAGEMS.exe in the command you typed (adding .exe at the end) silences the error?

In any case I think you could just ignore this error. And I think addind "--noautoupdate" at the end would disable it.

EDIT: and yes, merging SoD is required before adding any mod. But modmerge is AFAIK deprectaed and replaced by DlcMerger.

Edited by mickabouille

Thanks for the replies.  I'm really excited about trying some mods out. 

I tried renaming the file setup-strategems to include .exe and that created another error.

I think my directory error is something to do with file directories as I get the same error for other mods I tried.

Are the mod files in the correct folders?  I copied the mod files an placed them in my directory (the one with the chitin file).

For example there is a Stratagems folder with all of the subfolders.  Does this mean the files are extracted properly?  Or do I have to do something else with the files in the Stratagems folder?

Jeez...After more than a decade of using a Mac I've gotten completely lost using a PC...

4 hours ago, Wagon said:

I tried renaming the file setup-strategems to include .exe and that created another error.

That's (probably, but i lack information to be sure) the file is already named setup-stratagems.exe but windows hides .exe in the file explorer.

(Anyway I will let other people with windows computersanswer further rather than giving posibly incorrect advices 😓)