What is possible?

Hi, yes this mod is amazing indeed.

I'm not sure I understand what you suggest, you can already assign extra proficiency points at character creation depending of your class (warriors or swashbuckler) or your race (human have a free extra proficiency point).

You gain extra proficiency points at various levels,depending of class : each three levels for warriors, each four levels for rogues and priests, and each five or six levels for wizards.

Would it be possible to build the following IWD2 kit?

MERCENARY: Mercenaries are soldiers who sell their services to the highest bidder. Traveling great distances in harsh conditions for coin and fame, the mercenary is a man or woman who must master a variety of weapons and styles to satisfy his or her employer's needs.

Advantages:

* Two extra proficiency slots at 1st level.

* One extra proficiency slot at 6th level.

* Carry weight increased by 50%.

Disadvantages:

* Unable to start with Weapon Specialization.

* Unable to achieve Grand Mastery in a weapon.

I don't know a way to adjust carry weight. The rest is in principle possible but most of it requires UI edits, in some cases quite drastic ones. (I did look at the hidden IWD2 kits when writing ToF but mostly didn't find things worth the effort of implementing.)

36 minutes ago, DavidW said:

I don't know a way to adjust carry weight.

My recollection is that equipped/inventory items with negative weight actually work, can't do it smoothly for a kit though, unless you add some sort of undroppable and (relatively) unobtrusive item, in the style of a carried familiar, called something like harness or webbing I guess.

7 hours ago, polytope said:

My recollection is that equipped/inventory items with negative weight actually work, can't do it smoothly for a kit though, unless you add some sort of undroppable and (relatively) unobtrusive item, in the style of a carried familiar, called something like harness or webbing I guess.

Possible, if you use the hidden Ammo3 slot. Of course there is only one such slot, so compatibility becomes a concern. But for that very reason, implementations limiting it to a particular kit will stay out of each others’ way. (I use this for my multiclass sorcerers and maybe one or two other kits.)