[b8] Cannot select gender during chargen

During chargen, the gender buttons are unresponsive (either selecting a gender doesn't stick, or the "done" button isn't highlighted. So far I've noticed it both with a full install and with loose components like "Revised Paladins and Blackguards" (which by the way isn't documented in the readme, except as a reference by the blackguard kits component) in isolation.

That's a weird one. Will check. 

EDIT: can't reproduce on a full ToF install on BG2EE or SoD - which is a relief, because believe it or not I do do some basic tests before releasing a new version and I'd like to hope I'd catch something that basic! Talk to me about your modlist and version of the game.

Guest YLL

I can confirm having the same problem with Connelly. Also the buttons to other campaigns (SoD & Black Pits) on the starting screen are unresponsive either.

I'm playing Steam version of BGEE (v2.6.6) with SoD UI on a Mac. No other mods installed except DLC Merger.

Did full and partial installs of ToF beta 8 and the results are the same.

Hope these information helps.

3 hours ago, Guest YLL said:

Also the buttons to other campaigns (SoD & Black Pits) on the starting screen are unresponsive either.

I can confirm that in BG2EE, I cannot select Black Pits or SoA. Only ToB is responsive.

Much like the OP says, gender is selectable, but you cannot continue in the chargen (ToB), you cannot press continue and the String describing the gender you selected also does not pop up.  I was going to test the new stuff, but it's not possible until a fix is released.

Clean install of the game (last available version, GoG, only ToF installed), installed most components of ToF except a few subcomponents, attached WeiDu below

WeiDU.log

Edited by RoyalProtector
Guest niatti

In addition to the comments above, this issue seems to be reproduceable with Revised Weapon Proficiency System component alone.

I'm getting this warning at installation (both BGEE & BG2EE):

INSTALLED WITH WARNINGS Revised Weapon Proficiency System
2da_read: supposed file weidu_external/data/dw_shared/multiclass_kit_components.2da does not exist

Also, in BG2EE:

SFO warning: prof_npc: WILSON9 has unspent proficiency points
SFO warning: prof_npc: WILSON9 has unspent proficiency points

Could be related to the updates in the proficiency system maybe?

Posted (edited)

Got more. After installing the "Eliminate class/race restrictions and most class/ability score restrictions" component alone on BG2EE, the buttons for the SoA and BP2 campaigns are also clickable but otherwise unresponsive, similar to what YYL said, and when selecting ToB and starting a new character, the gender button in has the same problem as before.

if Leui is present, the "Gender" button in the main chargen menu is also unresponsive.

Edit: The campaign button issue happens with "Speciality mages automatically get one speciality spell at each level (where possible)" as well.

Edit2: "Tidy up class-selection menu" is the last I find to cause this as I filter components. I think others install it automatically?

Edited by Connelly
Guest YLL

After applied the Hotfix I did a new clean full install of ToF on BGEE.

No other mods except DLC Merger.

This time the campaign buttons work, as well as the gender button.

After applied all weapon proficiency points, the done button lights up but is unresponsive. So the chargen process has to stop here.