Does a ping sound and failure to load a (quick) save followed by game crash signify anything?

Thought I would see if anyone recognised the issue. No expectation of any deciphering if it is - as I guess most likely - due to mod mash.

Only has happened in Sea watchtower area. Happened shortly after picking up Safana but didn't notice till trying to reload later. Rolled back & played through again. Ok that time after picking up Safana. Then happened in a save after buffing outside lighthouse house. Rolled back to previous save, and completed all area tasks with reloading fine.

But now whenever I leave the area, the autosave is ok & reloads on map edge, but any save in the new travelled to area (tried 3 seperate ones) will not reload...though as before can play on fine.

Ring any bells?

WeiDU.log

Posted (edited)

Ok I think it is something to do with the mod Powergaming scripts (though I could be wrong on this one - just I can imagine some interaction, and it did not happen last playthrough without it. Though to be fair other mods have changed too) and the Mod Aura. 

With Aura, once I put the script on her and then used her infusion power. Once it runs out she will auto do it buffing all. Including if she is not in the party - e.g she buffs the whole FAI. While she is in the party no problem. But once ejected (in this case for Safana) and sent to FAI I have the reload issue on a save done once the party's buff has run out-its ok if she is still in the vicinity but out of party as the buff is re-applied. If I keep Aura in party then no problem with reload.

For now I have stuck her outside the FAI, where she appears to be only buffing a cow and some generic npcs. Went in FAI, waited till buff gone, and reloads. So potentially to do with other companions not in party being buffed??

I did try taking the powergaming script off aura - just gave her no script. But she continues infusing nonetheless. (see 1st  paragraph above)

Not entirely sure, but does seem something along those lines. 

Edited by cccow

Tagging @The Artisan for Aura and @morpheus562 for Powergaming Scripts, although this sounds like it could be unrelated to the latter. (It might still be some mod interaction.)

21 hours ago, cccow said:

For now I have stuck her outside the FAI, where she appears to be only buffing a cow and some generic npcs.

I was thinking about some funny remark about buffed cows and the Summon Cow spell now being really dangerous for having to deal with a really pissed cow after summoning it.

Guest morpheus562

I see you are using v0.10.0 of EEEX which had an error with Enhanced Powergaming Scripts that was recently corrected; however, what you're describing does not sound like the error that was corrected. I'm not sure what version of EEEX the issue started in, but the newest version released a couple days ago corrects it. Why did you split up the EEEX install to the beginning and end of your install order? What mods did you recently install/reinstall and add to your game mid-playthrough? The Aura mod is installed much earlier in your game, did you do a reinstall with a newer version mid-playthrough? I am not familiar with Aura and her infusion ability, but that isn't something my scripts touch.

Edited by morpheus562
Posted (edited)

Thanks both...

Re: EEEX. No it was just the one installation before I began. The only thing that I thought I moved to the end was the EEUITweeks as I wanted to test different ones those after installation as some were behaving oddly with other mods.

However I do note that some EEEX also appears after EET end, really can't remember why I did this - though it may have been a mistake in copy/pasting to change the order and either missing the first EEEX component or in moving any of the EEEX components at all in addition to the EEUITweeks ones.

I thought - perhaps mistakenly - that these  could be loaded after EET end. I did this before without notable issues (through BG1 & SOD anyhow) - but perhaps it is a mistake.

Once tested, then I began a new game & have not touched it since. So no mid game tinkering.

Re: Mod interaction. Yes, there were other changes from the last playthrough...I guess it is what is bound to happen when so much is thrown in the mix - greedy personage that I am. Nonetheless I will continue as far as I can, and hopefully once done go back and test a few things just using much more minimal combo of mods.

I should just say though that I really like both EPS and Aura...great work both.

Edited by cccow