[Released MOD] Call of the Lost Goddess - A quest mod for BG2EE

Thank you all for the great feedback! I hope the mod meets your expectations.

13 hours ago, Holden said:

Been prepping mods left and right for my third EET run, and I was waiting on this one to top them all off!  Looks absolutely stunning.

Great! One recommendation: Before starting a new EET game, you should briefly check via Near Infinity whether the worldmap icon is placed correctly and does not interfere with other mods. While we have taken great care to prepare everything for EET, it may still occur that the worldmap icon does not end up in the intended place.

Posted (edited)

I am preparing to translate the Call_of_the'lost_godness mod, but I have found that several words in the English text are not displaying properly on my Chinese Windows system. I have taken a screenshot and am sending it to you now.Please take a look.The name of the tra file in the image.I need to send it to you in several batches.

words1.zipwords2.zip

Edited by lzw104522773
7 minutes ago, mickabouille said:

The english tra files seem to be in ISO-8859-15 which is not the same as utf-8 or CP1252 (used by legacy versions for western european languages).

Just now, Roberciiik said:

It would be better to change English translation encoding to ANSI or UTF8. ISO encoding could be the issue for all other translators.

Thanks for pointing this out! 

Problem: My Notepad++ displays the tra-files as ANSI🤨

There seems to be no other option than to switch between ANSI and UTF-8. (I still keep the tra files in ANSI because I wanted to have the option to maybe make the mod compatible for oBG2.) How do I switch from ISO-8859-15 to CP1252?

Posted (edited)

because I wanted to have the option to maybe make the mod compatible for oBG2.

You probably can have the tra files in utf-8 and still be compatible with obg2, HANDLE_CHARSET supports converting both ways if I remember correctly cdtweaks does this (or was it iwdification?).

Edited by mickabouille
18 hours ago, argent77 said:

It should work with iconv:

Thank you very much, that is very helpful! Especially as I have noticed that the ISO format is also used in other of my upcoming mods. Then I'll change this right before release to simplify the translation for other Windows systems.

17 hours ago, mickabouille said:

You probably can have the tra files in utf-8 and still be compatible with obg2, HANDLE_CHARSET supports converting both ways if I remember correctly cdtweaks does this (or was it iwdification?).

I wasn't aware of that, thank you! For Call of the Lost Goddess I will change the tra-files to UTF-8, since the mod only runs for BG2EE at the moment anyway. I will upload an update of the mod soon, in which the tra-files are changed. This should simplify the translation. Besides, the iconv is not needed at the moment, so I can drop it.

17 hours ago, lzw104522773 said:

I am waiting for you to update those files, and then I will start translating them into Chinese. If the text is no longer updated, I can translate other tra files first.

Yes, that's fine. I'll upload the mod in UTF-8 soon. I just need to test this version beforehand because I don't want to risk the EE crashing because some tra file wasn't converted properly.

Firstly, congratulations on the release!

Secondly, wow! I don't really know how to phrase my thoughts on how mind-blowingly amazing that adventure was! Start to finish; I was engaged every bit of the way and thoroughly enjoyed the entire thing. Explored every little area that I could, completed every little thing that I could.

Very much looking forward to going through the mod a second, third, fourth, fifth etc etc. time to see what else I may have missed or see what I could do differently.

Just some feedback; I did notice that during a number of dialogues through the mod, the pronouns or male/female being used for the PC did not line up. I just happened to pick a female character for this run so it was very noticeable. I have one example that comes to mind immediately that I have added a spoiler to below just to be safe.

Perhaps something to do with the PRO_X?

Spoiler

The Merchant in the Goldspire who places an item on the PC and attempts to frame them for thievery. There were a couple instances in the dialogue where 'he' or 'him' is used instead of 'she' or 'her.'

Apart from that, it was really minor things that didn't detract from the adventure like the capitalization of names or titles or items.

Congratulations again on the release and I can't wait to see what comes next from you!

Thank you very much for your feedback! I'm glad you enjoyed the mod.

1 hour ago, Shadowfire_Angel said:

I did notice that during a number of dialogues through the mod, the pronouns or male/female being used for the PC did not line up.

While looking through the dialogues now, I noticed five more sentences where "him" was used instead of <PRO_HIMHER>. I'll correct these with the next update. Thank you!

17 minutes ago, Tatyan said:

my apologies but is the download link broken? i can't finish downloading it...

weird... I've tried it with Chrome and Edge on two different computers, and everything works fine for me.