[SUGGESTION] More options for easier uninstallation

Hi David and everyone,

I'm not sure if the title is super clear, so I'll just add a bit of context:
I've been maneuvering some installation issues and, with the invaluable help of the community, was able to workaround or fix some of them. I'm still in this process, which requires uninstalling/ reinstalling the mod often. In doing so, some components are unintentionally skipped/uninstalled, snowballing into other issues where I find myself running the setup over and over.

In summary, what I'd like to see in the weidu installer are the classic questions:
"What should be done with the components ALREADY installed?"
"What should be done with the components NOT YET installed?" 

The later question could be redundant, but deciding about the components already installed can be very helpful in my opinion.

Sure, my issues could be my own fault due to lack of technical knowledge, but I believe this suggestion can be useful to more people, specially in a similar situation. And that's why I'm creating this topic.

Hopefully this is a useful discussion.

Cheers!

Posted (edited)
5 hours ago, neuroghast said:

In summary, what I'd like to see in the weidu installer are the classic questions:

Thing is, this is a single line ... or almost in a weidu's .tp2 file... so you would better be served if you ask it at the source, which is weidu's own forum at PPG...
https://forums.pocketplane.net/index.php?board=44.0

But then again, judging pure on your ali...2da files --change-log's content, you don't know anything how the game works, it has 6 characters, most of them have a preset kit and so forth, and mostly you can use 1... making it almost idiotic to gram 50+ kits into the thing, and even then use a beta style mods, like say the Talents of Faerun.. so yes, this is your very own making.

Edited by Jarno Mikkola
On 5/3/2024 at 7:49 PM, neuroghast said:

WEIDU doesn't permit this on mods that are broken into component groups.