Romance Teasers

Domi

The tireless writer and tester, Kulyok, collected these lines, as something that reflected the spirit of each of the romances:

Ajantis:

1) Evil must be purged without mercy. That is what my honor as a paladin is telling me, my lady.

But "without mercy" doesn't mean cruel or without justice. Helm also says: Do not sacrifice the weak to your own good. An evil creature lying defenseless at my feet I would not slaughter, but bring to a decent court. There it will have to take responsibility for its actions - and it will be judged without false mercy.

2)

PC: Tell me, Ajantis, if the starry sky reminds you of the short span of time that is given to us here and if that is a motivation for you to use it as best as possible... Where would you most like to be right now to use this moment of time as best as you can?

Where would I prefer to be right now? My lady, I feel it is a great honor to be here with you... *ahem* I mean being able to travel with you. You are a very impressive... leader. Our deeds help me along my path towards knighthood and there is no place more beautiful... no other place that I would prefer to be.

3) (about the discovery of Bhaal’s Heritage): But I let my fear blind me, and I seek your forgiveness, my love. Your future is not predetermined, and it is not black at all, but shining brightly in the light of good. It is all in your hands now, and I will be at your side, supporting you, walking with you the path of virtue and righteousness.

Branwen:

1) Ah! You got wounded again in the last battle! <CHARNAME>, be more careful! Scars grace a warrior, but you may well lose an eye or an ear!

PC: Why, Branwen, do you care about my appearance?

Yes, I do, and it puzzles me that you do not. Not in a feminine way, surely, but I would prefer that you resembled a spring ready to uncoil at your foes, rather than a stringy plant kept in a dark and damp cellar. Without proper caution, many a trained man ended up as the latter.

2) The elflings are known to say "By the sea and stars!" The dwarfs usually grumble in their own language, the orcs grunt, and the halflings prepare a feast. My own people have no words for this occasion at all.

PC: Are we talking about the same occasion? The one that took place last night?

Last night... 'twas a pleasure, to say the least. You possess what it takes to venture into lands of passion and heat, and I do not find your desire lacking.

3) The time for battle is nigh, <CHARNAME>. Are you ready?

PC: Does it concern you? You are not involved with me any longer, Branwen. You said so yourself.

I will follow wherever you lead, and give you my unwavering aid and support without hesitation. You know it full well.

Coran(CN):

1)

You... you have poisoned me?! But why?

PC: Remember that girl in the inn you stared at? I decided that if I won’t have you, than nobody shall.

Why... why would not you kill the wench instead?

PC: I have already done it, Coran. I quite enjoyed cutting your little hussy’s throat, but I thought it would be too easy of an end for you.

2)

Shall we drink to new beginnings, sweetling?

PC: *nibble at the tip of Coran’s ear gently*

Did I mention not to do that, unless you mean to dance with me between the sheets? You do not mean to-

PC: I thought we might as well, since we have already broken up. It will be as nonchalant as it is exciting.

That’s quite... alluring, especially since there is a great chance that you will cut my throat in the morning. Irresistible, simply irresistible!

3) (about the discovery of Bhaal’s Heritage): <CHARNAME>, you step out of a bloodbath on the carpet of rose hips, naked and tender. Your foe’s blood could be flower petals clinging to your body enviously, or a sensual pattern drawn in henna dye by a frivolous hand, or claret spilled in abandon, enticing a thirsty mouth to drink of it...

Dynaheir:

1) Too long thou hast been the apprentice of a great man, <CHARNAME>. 'Tis time for thee to speak in a hero's voice. Say that thou will stop the war, say it in such way that if I were not thy follower already, I would become one.

2)

Allow me to help thee.

*In one smooth move, Dynaheir frees herself of her robes, and they fall to the ground.*

*She is naked as on her name day in front of you. She traces her body's curves with one hand.*

Is this thy desire?

3)

PC: The taint, you say... Why did my mother carry me? What good person would birth a child of the Lord of Murder? *You shiver.* Only one who would want to use the monster for some cause... and Gorion, being a Harper - Dynaheir, I cannot help but think that I was coached to become some sort of weapon. A Harper’s blade against other Bhaalspawn, perhaps?

This thought is poison!

PC: Even if it is truth?

*quietly* Even if it is truth...

Shar-Teel:

1) *Shar-Teel's eyes blaze from under her furrowed brow. The battle lust is writ all over her face still. Then she seems to have noticed you. Her lips half-part, and her eyes darken.*

I want you, lover-boy. Now.

2) *She curls up by you, propping her head against your thigh. Some unreadable expression appears on her grim face. A dreamer is not how you'd describe her at the moment, but she seems to enjoy it.*

*With a sudden certainty, you know that nobody ever read books to her aloud when she was little.*

3) (Reaction on Delainey's flirting) You pick a single bud for this light-skirt, and I'd shove it right up where the sun never shines! Yes, and to help it slide right in, I'd push it along with my sword.

Xan:

1) PC: […]What is it? More nightmares?

*He winces at your question.* <CHARNAME>, our very life is a nightmare. The dreams are but a pale reflection. *sigh*

2) However, I loathe thinking of returning to my ancient fortress home with the prospect of death looming over you. You are young, naive and inexperienced... and yet so capable. All my concepts of reality collapse when I look at you. I cannot abandon you to certain doom.

PC: You will likely be spared this choice. However capable I might be, I do not think it will end well.

3) I would share everything with you. My memories, my emotions, my life... or, rather, what little is left of it. I would stay with you... *sigh* yes, until I die. It was easy to guess, wasn't it? But I have to be sure you want it, as well. Will you have me? Will you have my joys and sorrows and give me yours in return? Will you allow me to forge the bond that will unite my world with yours? Will I have you in my arms tonight?

PC: You are doomed, Xan of Evereska, because the answer is "yes"!

And here are some snippets for Xan and Branwen written by Domi:

Branwen:

1) Sky, forest, tents. People are going about their business as usual. This day is one of many, and it is still mine to watch. I watch mesmerized. Stone eyes cannot cry, why can they see?

2) Have you ever heard about the courtesan in Waterdeep who approached him thinking he was sufficiently drunk? Not only did Drizzt politely refuse her nineteen times, but on the twentieth he set his ale aside, pulled out his diary, and started reading her an excerpt on the chivalry and 'honorable' ways of love! They say that poor girl refuses to enter that inn ever since.

3) Tempus, tonight a thousand of young warriors will ask for you to cast your glance their way, a hundred of priests dressed in ritual robes will pray to you, a dozen of sturdy men will roar your name in their bloody toils, hoping for your blessing. And among many words that reach your ears tonight, I, Branwen of Seawolf, ask you to listen to my words. My prayer is not for me, but for a man of valor, a man tormented. He has endured many trials, and I fear he will face many more before he is through. Give him strength, Tempus, such as no other man has.

Xan:

1) Knowing you, being close to you allows me to see clearly: you are a small creature, both beautiful and good, but the world itself is vast and wasteful.

2)

Xan: <CHARNAME>... More and more often I find myself lamenting not my upcoming death, but the dread of dying without knowing how your lips taste.

PC: Blood... sweat... smoke... O! Some of the yesterday's sausage, too.

3)

Xan: We are all doomed, but you can delay the hour of your death by foreseeing the danger, and predicting your enemies' actions. If you do not rush into the fray, you will live a moment longer. Do not throw the opportunity away. Burying you in the wilderness is not something I look forward to.

PC: And I am looking forward to it! You, standing solemnly in your purple mourning robes, saying my heartfelt eulogy in a trembling voice. Mayhap even an unbidden tear shall slide down your cheek on my cold, pale forehead... What a lovely, lovely scene!

The tireless writer and tester, Kulyok, collected these lines, as something that reflected the spirit of each of the romances:

Let me first say, bravo! These are all excellent, well written dialogues. I look forward to digging out my copy of BG1 that I had thought consigned to the mothballs.

I must say that I get a real kick out of Xan. It almost seems a torture that he won't have the luxury of dieing alone.

...and Shar-Teel, yikes! Not sure if she's gonna kill ya or kiss ya.

Colstan

Thank you very much for your interest. :)

I should probably point out that

Ajantis Romance was fully written by Jastey;

Coran and Dynaheir - by Domi,

Shar-Teel - by cliffette, Domi and Kish,

Xan and Branwen - by me with active participation (not to mention an insane amount of Xan's coding :party: ) of Domi.

Oh, she is so the type to ressuresct a dead beloved with a tender chaste kiss! Simultaneously: she gets PC's heart one way or another. OMG! Necrophilic romanZ!!!

I haven't followed this as closely as I should have, so I apologize if this question has been answered. Without giving away any substantial spoilers, does S-T actually fall for the PC or is it just a cavewoman "bonk him on the head with a club" and have her way with him?

I understand if you'd prefer not to answer because of spoilers, but I figured no harm in asking.

Colstan

It depends on how PC acts with her. If he finds a proper balance of being interested in her without being overly patronizing or openly affectionate, proves himself a match to her in the strength of will and self-confidence, she will start regarding him with something closer to the traditional idea of love. It will help to have high Const, even if it is not a requirement (iirc). If she starts to respect PC, it will manifest itself in the entirely different set of the NPC-initiated flirts and milder replies to some of her PC-initiated flirts. There is a tell-tale flirt ("Have I changed your opinion on men?").

There was no real time in the game to develop real love thoroughly, but I still hope that Cliffette will do it in BG2, continuing with Shar-Teel's growth from bitter to more accepting towards men, or at least to one man.

There was no real time in the game to develop real love thoroughly, but I still hope that Cliffette will do it in BG2, continuing with Shar-Teel's growth from bitter to more accepting towards men, or at least to one man.

Do you know if anyone has definite plans to carry over any of the romances to BG2 or is that up in the air until the project is finished?

Thanks,

Colstan

There are no plans connected to BG1NPC, but if Cliffette produces the BG2 Shar-teel, the character will be recognizable, as she is definetly one of the major shapers of the character, and wrote a goodly portion of the romance. :)

There are no plans connected to BG1NPC, but if Cliffette produces the BG2 Shar-teel, the character will be recognizable, as she is definetly one of the major shapers of the character, and wrote a goodly portion of the romance. :)

Ok, thanks for clearing that up for me, Domi. Most appreciated. Much luck to Cliffette if she decides to do BG2 Shar-Teel.

Cheers,

Colstan

Archived