Spelling, Clerical errors etc for version 11

Domi

Okay, I looked it up, and the "an" in front of herbalist is not wrong: "an" is *optional*, not required, before unstressed H; it is advisable before a silent "H". "Herb" comes from a French h aspiree and usually is dropped even in the Americain English:

Main Entry: herb·al·ist

Pronunciation: '(h)&r-b&-list

so 'an' in front of it is justified and advised.

Okay, I looked it up, and the "an" in front of herbalist is not wrong: "an" is *optional*, not required, before unstressed H; it is advisable before a silent "H". "Herb" comes from a French h aspiree and usually is dropped even in the Americain English:

Main Entry: herb·al·ist

Pronunciation: '(h)&r-b&-list

so 'an' in front of it is justified and advised.

Fair enough. It just sounds odd to me, but UK English is different.

Also, I think that in the last one, "will" is actually a noun, and the subject, while "shall" is a verb. It does not look very good so I guess, I will need to look on it and see if there is a suitable substitute for will.

Looking at it again it is gramatically correct, but it did look strange. Perhaps "No amount of will can be enough." is a possible alternative?

"Shall" indicates something that the speaker believes will definitely take place in the future, whereas "can" implies a possibility or probability. "I simply recognize that no amount of will xxx be enough to overcome the insurmountable odds" doesn't leave much room for possibility :).

I definitely think it's better to replace "will" than "shall".

Tenacity, backbone or resolve could serve, but probably will have to be recast as:

all your tenacity/resolve/backbone shall not be... etc

if Xan picks on Shar saying will, perhaps I can just take will in quotes, ie:

no amount of 'will' shall be... etc

The more I look at it, the less I like the "amount of"

A clerical error from one of Quayle's player-initiated dialogues:

I, ah... mastered sorcery so quickly that the narrow-minded commoners in my village made me leave as soon as I had come of age. They could not tolerate a youngster teaching him how to do things properly, you see...

Looks like "him" should be "them."

Playing v11 with EasyTutu and just ran into a clerical error with one of Xzar's chats.

In the dialogue about the broken vial, specimens, etc. Xzar says something like: "I don't meet many girls who take an interest in such things". The Problem in this case is that the protagonist in my game is male.

I'll let you know if I find any others

In the dialogue about the broken vial, specimens, etc. Xzar says something like: "I don't meet many girls who take an interest in such things". The Problem in this case is that the protagonist in my game is male.

Thanks, noted. It's one of the dialogues from the Xzar's romance that never was :p I will make sure to change it to a protagonist gender-dependent expression :p

and thanks for reporting the other typos, guys.

Also there is some confusion with the verb tense in one of Shar-Teel's early romance dialogues. When Shar is riffling through treasure to find the Bloodstone Ring, the protagonist responds saying something like:

"Did something attracted your attention"

Either it should read:

"Did something attract your attention" (past tense)

or

"Has something attracted your attention" (present perfect tense)

I think the latter works better in this case. I'll be sure to note anything else I come across. :p

Archived