I love the howls, but the tempest spear...

CamDawg

Urm...i really really love the howls, i am seriously looking foward to getting them...and of course there will be a cool wav file associated with using them, like the bard song strum effect???

I would activate the howl just to hear the wav of a wolf howling.. :D

but the tempest spear...its a little underpowered, i think...i am going by the readme in the front of this website...

an upgrade after killing firky, just adds firedamage...which is good, mind you, but early in the game, you can pick up a +3 flail that has thaco and damage bonus of 3, while del's spear is still +1...

now are a lot of upgrades planned, in which case i'll be quiet..if not, most parties aren't going to bother with even a npc specific weapon unless it goes up to +3 or +4 with tob...I love the idea of it upgrading after completing specific game plot related events, but a little more power won't hurt...

more power!!!

or

more turnips!!!

:D

did i mention l love the new smiles...oh yeah, i did... :D  

Well, I haven't decided which method to power up the spear, but I do guarantee it will get to a +4 level by the time of Throne of Bhaal rolls around (and +5 if it makes sense).

However, I want to make it work in the case of the story...but at the moment, my big focus is on getting the NPC banters done, then work on interjections for regular conversations.  Then, I will work on the ideas for spells, items, and howls...and then finally, the romance dialogues (the items and interjections will probably only take 3-4 days)...when I get to them.

great!  it just looked a little underpowered, the initial descriptions in the info section...actually its going to be a lot more fun to have an item that upgrades several times during the run of a mod, more interesting and fun...makes the quests a lot more fun too...

now its got elemental powers...how about fear based powers???  in the most powerful incarnations, it has a 5% chance of casting spook on hit...

in the most powerful incarnations, it has a 5% chance of casting spook on hit...

At a late stage of the game 5% spook seems a bit weak IMHO. Perhaps a more powerful fear type spell so that the bad-arses one meets in late SoA and ToB won't just giggle at you. Though the 5% is probably reasonable. :D

(the items and interjections will probably only take 3-4 days)...when I get to them.

I feel like I'm on the Modding equivalent of crutches.  :D

Well BigRob, as Camdawg can attest, it took me 3 months to do the Tashia dialogues...and that was just an addition to what was there...and that amounted to a page a day...(there was over 90 pages of work)...

Anyways, the point...it only took me a day to bang out most of her interjections (I will admit it wasn't very inspired, but at least she now has something to say).

The only problem, User, with having it gain abilities is that it will have to be cut off at some point...and I imagine one would have to account for all the variations...

I mean, if you do the firekraag quest and it gives fire damage, and increases the spear to a +2 weapon, then that requires an entirely different path than one that goes to the druid circle/trademeet route, and would raise to +2 weapon...but also casts a low level insect swarm...

in the most powerful incarnations, it has a 5% chance of casting spook on hit...

At a late stage of the game 5% spook seems a bit weak IMHO. Perhaps a more powerful fear type spell so that the bad-arses one meets in late SoA and ToB won't just giggle at you. Though the 5% is probably reasonable. :D

(the items and interjections will probably only take 3-4 days)...when I get to them.

I feel like I'm on the Modding equivalent of crutches. :D

urm...have you looked at or used spook???

one of the most powerful spells in the game!!!

unless you install one of the tactical encounters mods, like tactics or improved battles,(which significantly upgrades the dragon AI) you can completely disable a dragon with a successful spook...only creatures immune to spook, like undead, and such are able to withstand spook...

1 spook+ lower resistance and malison=dead dragon....

you see, if spook hits and sticks on a dragon, it will run away, no wing buffet, no breath attack, no claw or spell attack...sure its a pain to hunt them down and kill them before the spook wears off, but a spook cast on strike is a weapon of enourmous power...no other fear weapon comes even close...its the enourmous save penalty...

after tactics mod, feeblemind and chaos are the only sure way to break dragon ai scripts... :D

Well BigRob, as Camdawg can attest, it took me 3 months to do the Tashia dialogues...and that was just an addition to what was there...and that amounted to a page a day...(there was over 90 pages of work)...

Anyways, the point...it only took me a day to bang out most of her interjections (I will admit it wasn't very inspired, but at least she now has something to say).

The only problem, User, with having it gain abilities is that it will have to be cut off at some point...and I imagine one would have to account for all the variations...

I mean, if you do the firekraag quest and it gives fire damage, and increases the spear to a +2 weapon, then that requires an entirely different path than one that goes to the druid circle/trademeet route, and would raise to +2 weapon...but also casts a low level insect swarm...

wow...so a fewer upgrade paths...that makes a lot more sense, and is probably much easier...and bug free, which is not a trivial concern at all...

so you'll be going for fewer upgrades, and more power per upgrade? or you could link it to mandatory plot points...

for example, in chloe, the only upgrade in soa happens at spellhold...sooner or later everyone has to go to spell hold...

you could link it to spellhold, killing bodhi, and arriving in suldenessellar...then after killing yaga shura, and sendai...etc... :D

Well, that makes me feel a bit better. I'm averaging about a page a day (A4 with spacings between lines, but what the hell). :D

Even I've got a feeling that interjections are quick to write. :D I've only been tagging spots where Aklon is gonna chime in, but the situations pretty much directly suggest the speech.

urm...have you looked at or used spook???

one of the most powerful spells in the game!!!

Errrrm. Apparently not. :D I'll certainly give it another look.

I think I'm confusing it with a different spell. :D

My typing is done with Times New Roman, 12 point font, 1 inch margins itself...

I do a page a day, but not just on the module, when I factor in any fanfiction I do (helps keep me sane...and work through ideas, and such)

My typing is done with Times New Roman, 12 point font, 1 inch margins itself...

At the moment, my work is handwritten (it's hard to lug a computer everywhere to write). My writing is probably bigger than 12pt, but my margins are usually full of notes. Writing speed is somewhat limited by how fast useful ideas fall out of my head. And how heavily I'm into my latest book/BGII game  :D

I see a lot of fanfic from you about. A change is as good as a holiday, I suppose.

Also, as I'm sure you realize, quantity isn't quality of course...for it can't be too long, otherwise, people will have to scroll through the screen much too long.

And yes, burning yourself out certainly doesn't do anyone any good :D

Also, as I'm sure you realize, quantity isn't quality of course...for it can't be too long, otherwise, people will have to scroll through the screen much too long.

And yes, burning yourself out certainly doesn't do anyone any good :D

Indeed. I always take a break now and then to recharge the batteries. I'm something of my own enemy though. I insist on finishing one "section" of work before going on to the next. That can lead to some.... delays. :D

it can't be too long, otherwise, people will have to scroll through the screen much too long.

I know. I'm going to have to add some Continue breaks, here and there.

Of course, sometimes I get a whole burst of inspiration.  For example, last night, I created 3 new dialogues (1 each for Jan, Jaheira, and Valygar) in the span of 2 hours (which isn't bad for me...usually takes me an hour if I have a real good idea what I want to say, to finish one off).

Archived