Problem with Mazzy Truesword kit install

Guest Terthna

Guest Terthna

I don't know if anyone else has had this problem, but every time I try to install Mazzy's kit this error pops up:

[NPCKit/mazzy/trueswordx.baf] PARSE ERROR at line 7 column 39-39

Near Text: >

[spellRES] not found in ACTION.IDS

[NPCKit/mazzy/trueswordx.baf] PARSE ERROR at line 7 column 39-39

Near Text: >

Parsing.Parse_error

ERROR: parsing [NPCKit/mazzy/trueswordx.baf]: Parsing.Parse_error

ERROR: error compiling [NPCKit/mazzy/trueswordx.baf] Parsing.Parse_error

ERROR: [mazzyx.bcs] -> [override/mazzyx.bcs] Patching Failed <COPY> <Parsing.Parse_error>

I'm pretty sure this is a problem with the program itself, seeing as I even tried uninstalling Baldur's Gate 2 and redownloading the program from a different mirror. I'd really appreciate it if a version of the program with this problem fixed were posted.

That's weird. SpellRES is one of a group of scripting commands normally not present if ToB isn't installed, but they can easily be added to a SoA-only game. NPCKit.tp2 should add SpellRES and a couple of others if they're not already present in the game, so it looks like that part of the code isn't working for you, for some reason.

I tend to only use the npc kitpack on the characters I'm planning to have in the party, so it's been a while since I even tried installing this component, but I'm fairly sure that I got the same error on a SoA-only install.

I was going to report it, but I'm afraid that I forgot all about it during one of my periods of involountary absence...

Okay, I know why this is happening (a particularly dumb piece of coding on my part). SoA-only users have probably been shielded by other mods until now, do as Yovaneth suggests (or install almost any other mod first) to fix this.

Archived