Ridiculous problem with flash

Grim Squeaker

A little while ago Firefox told me an update for Macromedia Flash was available so I installed it. However, since then any flash objects in browsers haven't been displaying i.e. I'm just getting a big white box. I've tried uninstalling flash (including using the uninstall exes off of the flash website). However, when I try and download the install program and run it, the install just stops. It asks me to choose language, then unpacks some files, then the window closes and nothing further happens.

Any suggestions?

Edit: Apparently it is still installed on IE despite my attempts to uninstall and start again...

Edit #2: Damnit, now I have audio but still no image. Just a white musical box...

To be honest, you're probably experiencing a far better web experience without it. :)

On the actual help side of the equation, do you have any extensions (Adblock, Flashblock, Noscript, etc.) that might be interfering with it? And what version of FF are you on?

I have never been able to get Firefox's extension manager to work properly. The Flash install program will install it to both IE and Firefox, though.

Honestly, if it works fine in IE then just use that browser to view flash sites.

To be honest, you're probably experiencing a far better web experience without it. :)

On the actual help side of the equation, do you have any extensions (Adblock, Flashblock, Noscript, etc.) that might be interfering with it? And what version of FF are you on?

Well, it's nice to be able to watch silly videos :O

I have AdBlock but that never did anything to the sites I'm checking before I tried to upgrade flash. And I'm on 1.5 of FF.

Archived