imoen213 is missing a proficiency point

the bigg

http://forums.pocketplane.net/index.php/topic,21540.0.html.

Note: don't know about imoen15, since I have Refinements installed and she has custom proficiency tables. imoen211 and imoen6 were reported as correct.

Similarly, there is the Anomen missing all his Fighter proficiencies. Maybe we could fix these in Optional but Cool (or eventually in G3/D0/TB/II Tweak Pack?).

http://forums.pocketplane.net/index.php/topic,21540.0.html.

Note: don't know about imoen15, since I have Refinements installed and she has custom proficiency tables. imoen211 and imoen6 were reported as correct.

Similarly, there is the Anomen missing all his Fighter proficiencies. Maybe we could fix these in Optional but Cool (or eventually in G3/D0/TB/II Tweak Pack?).

I'll take a look. Suggestions for her bonus point?

I like Anomen for OBC because, conceivably, Anomen was really dumb and used all of his fighter profs on long swords or other pointy items. That being said, suggestions for Anomen as well?

Firstly, I have to disclaim that I'm not sure wether this figures are correct or not.

On to the suggestions: I suggest that for Anomen we give him points in Long Sword and Spear to show that he's dumb (he mentions killing a wyvern with a spear in a dialogue, and one of his sounds is about swords). Or, we leave him be for AoE compatibility.

For Imoen. In BG1 she starts with a bow (and a short sword? can't recall). In BG2, she is both times nekidd, and in ToB she has long bow and Dagger, meaning that she's already covered. That being said, how about one weapon style, or short sword? For the sword, she mentions swords in her battle cry, Daggers aren't swords, and long swords don't fit with her; for the weapon style, she mentions going in melee in CI, and I think that she doesn't use big swords, but rather a cunning/dextrous style (and single weapon fits the bill, while nicely staying away from the uber 2 weapons style).

Umm, also Imoen is surely OBC, since a lot of people will have their ideas about their Imoen character, and not everybody will agree about which proficicency are we going to add.

If she's missing a pip, it's a bug and we need to fix it. Plus, it's not like we're assigning points away from her existing proficiencies. :)

We already address missing prof points for another character--level >12 Viconia. We keep the BD convention of assigning the missing pip to flails (even though Vic doesn't have a high enough STR score to wield one); Dorner ran a poll on the Interplay foums to determine allocation of the missing pip.

Ah, OK. Still, I don't see a valid choice to her proficiencies (both short swords and One Weapon Style seem the more plausible ones, but aren't overly fitting, not to mention that you won't probably use Immy in battle, rendering them useless).

For Anomen, I still maintain that we let him be, for the sake of compatibility with Ashes of Embers (or we assign him points in long sword and spear to match his dialogues and sound set).

For Imoen. In BG1 she starts with a bow (and a short sword? can't recall). In BG2, she is both times nekidd, and in ToB she has long bow and Dagger,

Long bow? Can thieves even use long bows?

For the sword, she mentions swords in her battle cry,

She does? The only one like that I can think of is, "My blade will cut you down to size."

Daggers aren't swords, and long swords don't fit with her; for the weapon style, she mentions going in melee in CI,

When/where?

Umm, also Imoen is surely OBC, since a lot of people will have their ideas about their Imoen character, and not everybody will agree about which proficicency are we going to add.

Yes. :)

Oh yeah, Imoen has issues. Imoen6 has no profs at all but is unavailable in BG2 anyway--she only spawns if the PC starts below level 7, which isn't possible. All available versions of Imoen--imoen10, imoen15 (ToB), imoen211, and imoen213--have four stars total, one each in dagger, staff, dart, and short bow. This is a problem.

Imoen dualled at thief level 7, for which she would have 3 stars. As a mage, Imoen would have an additional two stars up to level 11 (imoen10 and imoen211) and an additional three at levels 12 and above (imoen15 and imoen213). Imoen needs an extra star at all levels and two at her highest incarnation.

Anomen is also shortchanged stars. Anomen dualled at fighter level 7, for which he should have had 6 stars already. Clerics have 4 stars at level 8 and 5 at level 12. Anomen6, anomen7, anomen8, and anomen9 are clerics of levels 8-11 and should have a total of 10 stars--he actually has 6. Anomen10 and anomen12 are f/c of level 7/12 and should have a total of 11 stars, but instead have 7. I'm with bigg here on the assumption he's used points in non-cleric weapons. A line from his banter file:

I jumped on its back and impaled it through the spine with my spear.

As it is Anomen, I'm willing to entertain arguments that he's exaggerating. :)

So, suggestion: Imoen's low level missing star goes to short sword. The extra star at high level goes to single weapon style. Anomen's tougher, as there's a non-trivial chance he's wasted pips. I'd suggest taking his banter at face value, assume two of the missing four stars are in spears and give him the extra two--his current spread is mace (2), sling (2), sword & shield (1), hammer (1), and high-level Anomen also has staff (1). I suggest we drop the two pips into existing profs, moving sword & shield and hammer up to two stars.

I noticed the same thing about Imoen, but I didn't want to actually check what her proficiencies should really be. I knew that if I waited, you'd do it for me!

Imoen: Maybe. I don't remember enough of the BG2 profs, but single-weapon is a bit of a cop-out (yeah, let's make her Yoshimo v2.0!). The sword of Mask does kick ass, but she's still a bow lady.

Anomen: Sounds fine. I can't imagine that anyone would possibly care, but those seem like solid choices.

I noticed the same thing about Imoen, but I didn't want to actually check what her proficiencies should really be. I knew that if I waited, you'd do it for me!

Hehe. Punk. :)

Imoen does start BG with a short sword; high level BG Imoen also has a blunt proficiency (other two are small sword and bow). So perhaps clubs aren't so far off...

Also, Anomen's sound set does not support the sword hypothesis. The actual line is

Point the sword and I shall strike!

implying that the player is the one pointing the sword.

Thieves gain no proficiency points from level 4 to 7, so Nalia and Imoen should have the same number of stars based on their mage level. Nalia is short one star at every incarnation--nalia8, nalia10, and nalia11 have 4 stars (should be 5); nalia13, nalia15, and nalia18 have 5 stars (should be 6). For consistency nalia8, nalia10, and nalia11 should get the dart star her higher-level incarnations have, but we still need to distribute an extra point for nalia13, nalia15, and nalia18.

Aerie is high in one place and low in another. Aerie7 is a big, fat cheater--she's got four stars at levels 7/7, though she shouldn't earn a fourth star until levels 8/8 (220,000 XP). Aerie12 (ToB) OTOH, is short one star.

edit: Scratch that; aerie12 comes ready to level up and therefore gets her missing star. Aerie7 still needs to be fixed.

Archived