imoen213 is missing a proficiency point

the bigg

Yes--the difference lies in the fat star bonus that classes get at level one. Dual classes get this bonus for both classes, so a fighter/cleric dual-class gets the four stars for starting a fighter, then another two when starting as a cleric. A multi-class, OTOH, simply gets the higher of the two starting values; i.e. a fighter-cleric multi only gets four stars at level one.

Since I don't trust my math, I'm actually checking these figures by creating PCs in the game and comparing stars at every level. :)

And they keep on rolling in. Minsc12, mazzy15, and viconia6 have an extra star. Haer'Dalis has two extra stars at every level, three in haer19--I believe that Haer'Dalis' two extra stars are intentional, so I would suggest just reducing haer19 down to two extra stars. Save for minsc12, these can be added to existing proficiency patches--mazzy12 has the same issue as mazzy15, viconia6 has the same issue as every other version of her, and haer15 and haer19 need the same fix.

I've now checked everyone except Jan and Cernd.

Cernd12 is missing a star (should be in single weapon) and jan12 and jan15 get one more prof. Sarevok is fine. So, in addition to the fixes already in place we need to make these changes:

Aerie

Aerie7 has one star too many in clubs.

Anomen

Short four stars at all levels, though we're assuming two went to spears. Extra two to sword & shield and hammer.

Cernd

Cernd12 is missing a star in single weapon style.

Haer'Dalis

Has two extra stars at all levels and haer19 has three. Two of these appear intentional, so haer19 should have long sword reduced from 2 to 1.

Imoen

Should have an extra star at all levels, imoen15 and imoen213 need two. Universal star goes to short swords, high-level star to single weapon style.

Jan

Jan12 and jan15 are short one star; I suggest another ranged weapon. Short bows, darts, or slings?

Mazzy

Mazzy15 has an extra star; should reduce her short swords from 4 to 3.

Minsc

Minsc12 has an extra star; should reduce his axe proficiency from 2 to 1.

Nalia

Missing one star at all incarnations. She gains a dart prof at level 12; I suggest we roll this down to her pre-level 12 versions and add a new star at level 12. I suggest slings.

Viconia

I misstated above--viconi6 is short one star in sword & shield.

Code to follow.

Aerie7 has one star too many in clubs.
Same here.

Short four stars at all levels, though we're assuming two went to spears. Extra two to sword & shield and hammer.
Are you going to add the spear proficiency?

Cernd12 is missing a star in single weapon style.
Same here.

Has two extra stars at all levels and haer19 has three. Two of these appear intentional, so haer19 should have long sword reduced from 2 to 1.
Hmm, I already had this.

Should have an extra star at all levels, imoen15 and imoen213 need two. Universal star goes to short swords, high-level star to single weapon style.
I'd argue for sticking the second into short bow. She's always had a bow. Whatever.

Jan12 and jan15 are short one star; I suggest another ranged weapon. Short bows, darts, or slings?
Can he only get one star even though he's multi-class? If he gets two, dump it in crossbow, otherwise dart or sling (I'd lean toward dart).

Mazzy15 has an extra star; should reduce her short swords from 4 to 3.
Same here.

I couldn't confirm. He has 10 stars (4 + 12/3 + 2 = 10). At level 10, he has 9 stars.

Missing one star at all incarnations. She gains a dart prof at level 12; I suggest we roll this down to her pre-level 12 versions and add a new star at level 12. I suggest slings.
Slings? Only if she can shoot herself with them.

I misstated above--viconi6 is short one star in sword & shield.
I guess I already had this. Fix her script reference while you're there (nobody should ever get her at level "6," but might as well correct it).
I'd argue for sticking the second into short bow. She's always had a bow. Whatever.

Can he only get one star even though he's multi-class? If he gets two, dump it in crossbow, otherwise dart or sling (I'd lean toward dart).

Thieves only get one star, don't they? I'm such an idiot.
Are you going to add the spear proficiency?

It would save Ghrey some code, but it seems fairly unnecessary.

Thieves and mages (and combos thereof) can only put one star into weapons, so a second star in short bows is out. One more option is two-handed weapon style at higher levels--I've see a lot of folks that like Imoen with the Staff of the Ram and/or Staff of Magi.

edit: devSin caught this already. :)

I couldn't confirm. He has 10 stars (4 + 12/3 + 2 = 10). At level 10, he has 9 stars.

Whoops, my mistake here. I had minsc12 written down as 10th level, not 12th. No changes needed here.

It would save Ghrey some code, but it seems fairly unnecessary.
When has this ever stopped you?!?! Anyway, I add the 2 spear locally (he was a pikeman before becoming a cleric).

One more option is two-handed weapon style at higher levels
Single-weapon. If you put it in two-handed you'd be forcing me to use quarterstaff Imoen, instead of dagger/short sword/wakizashi/ninja-to/katana/long sword Imoen.

EDIT: OK, done.

Aerie: -club

Anomen: +hammer, +sword/shield, +spear(2)

Cernd: +single-weapon

Haer'Dalis: -long sword

Imoen: +single-weapon, +short sword

Jan: +dart

Mazzy: -short sword

Nalia: +dart, +sling

Viconia: +sword/shield

Guest Shambelle
Haer'Dalis has two extra stars at every level, three in haer19--I believe that Haer'Dalis' two extra stars are intentional, so I would suggest just reducing haer19 down to two extra stars.

In fact, he's a Doomguard.

Doomguards have a bonus to swords proficiency (+1 THAC0 for all swords)...

Bioware made this effect by giving him one free star for all the sword type he was supposed to use.

Archived