BUG: Tutu Tweaks-v17

Not sure if these are you guys problems or not since Im using EasyTutu

Bentley and Taerom (and other stores I assume) have a stack of items with no icon or description, they are also undroppable. I think they are suppose to be scimitars?

I checked in shadowkeeper to find what item code it was but there's nothing there, likes it doesn't exist. After I found the bug I checked the different mods I had in and ended up with just Exotic Items Pack installed

// Log of Currently Installed WeiDU Mods

// The top of the file is the 'oldest' mod

// ~TP2_File~ #language_number #component_number // Component Name

~SETUP-TUTU_TWEAKS.TP2~ #0 #86 // Exotic Item Pack

Either it's a bug with the Exotic Item Pack or a conflict with EasyTutu.

Also Add Bags of Holding isn't working right, instead of:

This tweak will add a gem bag to the Friendly Arms Inn store, a scroll case at the High Hedge, an Ammo Belt to Black Lily, a Potion Case to the Beregost Temple, and a Bag of Holding at the Sorcerous Sundries in Baldur's Gate.

I got a Bag of Holding from Bentley, Taerom and Thalantyr all of which opened the same store file (one with items I put in the first bag)

This is even more strange because the EasyTutu website says the Add bags of Holding is tested and stable while Exotic Item Pack isn't

// Log of Currently Installed WeiDU Mods

// The top of the file is the 'oldest' mod

// ~TP2_File~ #language_number #component_number // Component Name

~SETUP-TUTU_TWEAKS.TP2~ #0 #83 // Add Bags of Holding to BG1

~SETUP-TUTU_TWEAKS.TP2~ #0 #237 // Make Bags of Holding Bottomless

Btw On the EasyTutu website it says that the Restored BG1 Loadscreens from Tutufix15 and the TutuGUI are both tested as working. While this is correct they also stack together if you install both, you end up with a circle load screen on top of a square load screen. Might want to make a note that both are not needed.

Hello -

Also Add Bags of Holding isn't working right, instead of:

This tweak will add a gem bag to the Friendly Arms Inn store, a scroll case at the High Hedge, an Ammo Belt to Black Lily, a Potion Case to the Beregost Temple, and a Bag of Holding at the Sorcerous Sundries in Baldur's Gate.

I got a Bag of Holding from Bentley, Taerom and Thalantyr all of which opened the same store file (one with items I put in the first bag)

This is even more strange because the EasyTutu website says the Add bags of Holding is tested and stable while Exotic Item Pack isn't

I've used that bag of holding tweak on both regular Tutu and EasyTutu multiple times and never once had any problem with it. What other mods were you using, and in what order did you install them?

As for the exotic item pack, I don't have it listed because I've never tried it, so please don't infer from its absence that I am implicity declaring it to be unstable. :down:

Btw On the EasyTutu website it says that the Restored BG1 Loadscreens from Tutufix15 and the TutuGUI are both tested as working. While this is correct they also stack together if you install both, you end up with a circle load screen on top of a square load screen. Might want to make a note that both are not needed.

I don't have this problem either. TutuGUI (installed last, per instructions) takes over the loadscreen completely, leaving no trace of the restored BG1 loadscreens component from Tutufix.

Heh yeah, lots of mods say they must be installed last but only one can be. I guess I installed the restored screens after the GUI though.

I have no idea what could have caused the bag of holding to be at all three of the stores, I had a look at the tp2 code and although I'm definately no WeiDU Ninja everything looked in order, the stores should have got different bags scroll cases etc.

I'm still getting problems with the Bags of Holding but I solved the missing items, it was a typo in TutuTweaks tp2 it had SW1h20 instead of _SW1h20 for the scimitar on this line..

WRITE_ASCII ("%sale_offset%" + ("%scimitar_insert%" * 0x1C)) ~_SW1H20~ // scimitar

I believe I've solved the Bag of Holding problem too. I removed the '$' from the end of the store names in the PATCH_IF sections to match up with the COPY_EXISTING_REGEXP GLOB section.

COPY_EXISTING_REGEXP GLOB ~^_?FRIEND\.sto$~    ~override~ // FAI

~^[_H]IGHHEDG\.sto$~ ~override~ // High Hedge

~^_?TAERUM\.sto$~    ~override~ // Thunderhammer Smithy

~^_?STO4803\.sto$~   ~override~ // Nashkel General Store

~^_?STO0703\.sto$~   ~override~ // Sorcerous Sundries

READ_LONG 0x34 "sale_offset"

READ_LONG 0x38 "sale_number"

READ_LONG 0x2C "purchase_offset"

READ_LONG 0x4C "drink_offset"

READ_LONG 0x70 "cure_offset"

WRITE_LONG 0x38 ("%sale_number%" + 1)

INSERT_BYTES  ("%sale_offset%" +        ("%sale_number%" * 0x1C)) 28

PATCH_IF (~%SOURCE_FILE%~ STRING_COMPARE_REGEXP ~^_?FRIEND~ = 0) BEGIN // if store is FAI add C!BAG02

WRITE_ASCII ("%sale_offset%" +        ("%sale_number%" * 0x1C)) ~C!BAG02~

END ELSE

PATCH_IF (~%SOURCE_FILE%~ STRING_COMPARE_REGEXP ~^[_H]IGHHEDG~ = 0) BEGIN // if store is High Hedge add C!BAG03

WRITE_ASCII ("%sale_offset%" +        ("%sale_number%" * 0x1C)) ~C!BAG03~

END ELSE

PATCH_IF (~%SOURCE_FILE%~ STRING_COMPARE_REGEXP ~^_?TAERUM~ = 0) BEGIN // if store is Thunderhammer Smithy add CDAMMO

WRITE_ASCII ("%sale_offset%" +        ("%sale_number%" * 0x1C)) ~CDAMMO~

END ELSE

PATCH_IF (~%SOURCE_FILE%~ STRING_COMPARE_REGEXP ~^_?STO4803~ = 0) BEGIN // if store is Nashkel General Store add CDPOTION

I'm still getting problems with the Bags of Holding but I solved the missing items, it was a typo in TutuTweaks tp2 it had SW1h20 instead of _SW1h20 for the scimitar on this line..

This is by design; _sw1h20.itm doesnt exist in BGT and non-TotSC Tutu installs. I'm curious as to why this file wouldn't exist in your install as it exists in Shadows of Amn. I'm really hoping the answer is not that Easy Tutu removes BG2 resources.

I believe I've solved the Bag of Holding problem too. I removed the '$' from the end of the store names in the PATCH_IF sections to match up with the COPY_EXISTING_REGEXP GLOB section.

I'll look into this further--these regular expressions should work with or without the $. Including it makes the expressions stricter, which is always a good thing--except when it breaks stuff. :down:

Hello -

This is by design; _sw1h20.itm doesnt exist in BGT and non-TotSC Tutu installs. I'm curious as to why this file wouldn't exist in your install as it exists in Shadows of Amn. I'm really hoping the answer is not that Easy Tutu removes BG2 resources.

I couldn't do this even if I wanted to (and I don't :down: ). In my (modded) EasyTutu installation, the file is in the override folder.

I'll look into this further--these regular expressions should work with or without the $. Including it makes the expressions stricter, which is always a good thing--except when it breaks stuff. :devil:

Unless that syntax is new to v17, it has never caused me any trouble -- I always get the right kind of container at the right store. I'm really curious about this one. Necaradan666, are you using the SoA or ToB version of EasyTutu? I may do a fresh install to see if I can recreate the problem.

I couldn't do this even if I wanted to (and I don't :down: ).  In my (modded) EasyTutu installation, the file is in the override folder.

I assumed as much, but I always want to make sure. :devil:

Unless that syntax is new to v17, it has never caused me any trouble -- I always get the right kind of container at the right store.  I'm really curious about this one.  Necaradan666, are you using the SoA or ToB version of EasyTutu?  I may do a fresh install to see if I can recreate the problem.

This section was one of the most heavily revamped for BGT-compatibility, which is why you see such a bevy of regexps. The PATCH_IF evaluations were simple S_C_Cs in v16; v17 necessitated the change to a S_C_R to account (for example) for both _friend.sto and friend.sto patches. Again, though, the $ is only indicative of end-of-string, so it shouldn't make a difference here--unless WeiDU is evaluating the regexp incorrectly. However, there are still a number of other things to check before we can reach that conclusion.

Hello -

This section was one of the most heavily revamped for BGT-compatibility, which is why you see such a bevy of regexps. The PATCH_IF evaluations were simple S_C_Cs in v16; v17 necessitated the change to a S_C_R to account (for example) for both _friend.sto and friend.sto patches. Again, though, the $ is only indicative of end-of-string, so it shouldn't make a difference here--unless WeiDU is evaluating the regexp incorrectly. However, there are still a number of other things to check before we can reach that conclusion.

OK, then. Well, for what it's worth, I can confirm the bug. I put Tweaks17 on my current installation, which I recreated recently to test some installation features. I just started a new game and CLUA'ed to Beregost, and Taerom had a bag of holding for sale.

OK, then.  Well, for what it's worth, I can confirm the bug.  I put Tweaks17 on my current installation, which I recreated recently to test some installation features.  I just started a new game and CLUA'ed to Beregost, and Taerom had a bag of holding for sale.

How about scimitars?

Hello -

How about scimitars?

I don't actually have the exotic item pack installed. My PC is currently compressing a huge backup (and therefore running at a snail's pace), but I can try to CLUA in a SW1H20 when it finishes. Would the results of that tell you anything?

Hello -

OK. FWIW I consoled up a SW1H20 just fine. Looked to be a normal scimitar in all respects.

Not that it is your job to do so, but please do let me know if EasyTutu ever causes you grief in a way that normal Tutu does not. I'd rather you let me fix any problems on my end (if possible), then have you try to accomodate some weird variation. In short, if an issue is not listed in the EasyTutu changelog, the base installation is supposed to behave exactly like it would with Tutu4/Tutufix15 core bug fixes.

Guest Guest

Sorry, perhaps I wasn't clear enough in my explanation

The lines from the tp2 originally said

COPY_EXISTING_REGEXP GLOB ~^_?FRIEND$.sto$~ ~override~ // FAI

and

PATCH_IF (~%SOURCE_FILE%~ STRING_COMPARE_REGEXP ~^_?FRIEND~ = 0) BEGIN

Not being very good at weidu I was just guessing but it looked to me like _?FREIND$ was not the same as _?FRIEND so I removed the first $ (not the one after .sto) then after installing the mod it worked, Bentley had a Gem Bag etc.

For my curiosity how did the three stores end up with the same Bags of Holding instead? Not having a PATCH_If line and therefore no need to match up names Sorcerous Sundries would have gotten it's BoH properly but why did it patch the BoH to the other three stores instead of just going over them when it couldn't match their names?

Archived