Request: Refinements-style spellcasting

Bursk

I was wondering if it would be possible to add a component that offers reduced penalties for the above activities when using +1, +2 etc types of armour. So whereas studded leather would still give you a 30% penalty to pick pocket, +1 studded leather would give you e.g. a 25% penalty.

I know this may be a bit unrealistic, but I do like the idea of better armour reducing your penalties. I'd also like to see a similar thing happen with the miscast penalites.

Is there any chance that such a component would be considered for the future?

Because I'm not 100% keen on the whole Refs armour package. I know you told me before how to remove the armour-induced slowdown, but I realised what a big job it would be to remove the slowdown from every armour and shield in the game.

Because I'm not 100% keen on the whole Refs armour package.  I know you told me before how to remove the armour-induced slowdown, but I realised what a big job it would be to remove the slowdown from every armour and shield in the game.

Sure, easily done. Down penalties 5% for each enchantment level, yes?

edit: Crap, except descriptions need to be updated as well.

TBH, I think I'd rather see a version of Refinements with the movement penalty removed, rather than an addition to G3 Tweaks. The only thing I dislike about the armour component in Refs is the slowdown, so if that could be made optional it'd be just perfect. I wouldn't even care if the descriptions were wrong, since it'd be easy enough to completely ignore the entry about movement penalties.

Cam, if you get a chance, could you please take a look at the Barb HP problem I've been having?

http://forums.gibberlings3.net/index.php?showtopic=5734

Thanks.

Archived