Bug: Silverstar Spell Selection

BevH

Um... no Armour of Faith for Silverstars? Or does this qualify as a protection spell? The school is abjuration and I don't see where this is disallowed for Silverstars. Of course, I'm probably just st00pid. :D

OK, so if that's the case, then why do they get other protection spells? One other thing I've noticed, every time I quit the game, I have to rememorize the new spells. At least, Faerie Fire has to be rememorized - I'm not very far along in the game yet.

Edited to add: Sorry, I don't mean to sound combative.

Several of the protection sphere spells come under other spheres too, e.g. Sanctuary is also in the charm sphere (which Silverstars do get). The protection spells they shouldn't be getting are Armor of Faith, Protection From Evil, Resist Fire and Cold, Protection From Evil 10' Radius, Magic Resistance and Shield of the Archons - if they get any of these, it's a bug.

BTW the other spells they shouldn't be getting are Miscast Magic, Chaotic Commands, Cloak of Fear, Free Action, Wondrous Recall, Confusion, Earthquake, Fire Storm, Rigid Thinking, Strength of One, Defensive Harmony, Champion's Strength, Mental Domination and Finger of Death. If you find that they can cast any of these, please let us know! :D. Though the mistake may be in that list rather than the mod :D.

Yep, Protection From Evil (both) are still there. Don't know about Shield of the Archons. Resist Fire/Cold is also there. But Protection From Fire is also in the Elemental Sphere, so I guess that one's OK.

I'd still like to know why you have to rememorize the new spells.

Edited to add: Actually, you also have to rememorize Slow Poison as well.

I can confirm that Protection from Evil is not being removed; this is fixed locally. Resist Fire/Cold, Shield of the Archons and the rest are on the removal list so I'll see if there are any other issues tere. I'm in the process of trying to duplicate the re-memorization bug.

Hmm. The spell selection issues are sporadic but related to a timing issue in the removal routine; fixed locally. I have not been able to duplicate your re-memorization problem. Are you using SoA/ToB, patched, Baldurdash, etc.? Send me a save game to webmaster@gibberlings3.net when you get the chance and I'll look into it further.

Hmm. The spell selection issues are sporadic but related to a timing issue in the removal routine; fixed locally. I have not been able to duplicate your re-memorization problem. Are you using SoA/ToB, patched, Baldurdash, etc.? Send me a save game to webmaster@gibberlings3.net when you get the chance and I'll look into it further.

OK, will send after I post this. This is the list of mods I have installed (in no particular order, 'cause frankly I don't remember except the official patch was first):

Official Patch

Kelsey - SoA & ToB

Flirt Pack

Oversight

Dungeon-Be-Gone

Cailean Alpha

Cleric Remix

Kit Anomen

Oh, and I use SK to "tweak" my characters occasionally.

After twisting Bev's savegame every which way I can, I was unable to duplicate the re-memorization problem. Until/unless someone reports a similar problem, I'm going to write this off as a local bug. The Silverstar spell selection bug has been fixed locally and will be in the next release.

Archived