BG2 acting a bit...weird?

Question

Im not sure if its a mod thats doing this, but when i hit level 14/14 multi-class cleric/mage i started picking HLAs.....and the bottom ones had no name or description, just icons.

Also im using the priest of helm kit(via shadowkeeper) and im being asked to do the lathander temple quests(i think). I completed the cult of the unseeing quest, reported back to the temple of lathander and then was apparently invited in......and my first job is to talk to the nobleman? This doesnt make any sense at all.

I have baldur dash and some components of the ease of use mod installed, specifically the one that lets you take all strongholds regardless of class.

...i started picking HLAs.....and the bottom ones had no name or description, just icons.

Sounds like you installed a mod that adds new HLAs but you did it while having the game/InfExp/NI/SK/something using BG2's resources at the same time.

...specifically the one that lets you take all strongholds

And you're surprised that you're being asked to do an out-of-the-ordinary stronghold quest?

Also im using the priest of helm kit(via shadowkeeper) and im being asked to do the lathander temple quests(i think).

The temple quests are based on alignment, not kits or classes. If your character doesn't have the alignment needed for the Helm-quests, the engine doesn't care much for kits and such.

Also im using the priest of helm kit(via shadowkeeper) and im being asked to do the lathander temple quests(i think).

The temple quests are based on alignment, not kits or classes. If your character doesn't have the alignment needed for the Helm-quests, the engine doesn't care much for kits and such.

Yeah, it's alignment based unless you've installed Divine Remix, which makes strongholds reflect the various kits a bit better. I also believe Oversight does some tweaking to how the alignments are distributed between the strongholds but obviously if you SK'd the change to your kit, your alignment will still not be right.

I didnt install any mod with HLAs. As stated i only installed baldur dash and ease of use(and the latter includes nothing about HLAs, except for one component which i THINK was about fighter/mage HLAs being geared more towards mage HLAs...)

Ah its based on alignment. That explains it then, thanks. Its kind of weird though.

I'm going to strongly reccomend restoring a clean install and installing your stuff again. With problems like that, there are probably a whole slew of others that you haven't found or recognised, yet. Just make sure you aren't running an editor when you are reinstall.

Archived