Litany against Turnips...(fairly sick...)

Userunfriendly

Turnip is the taste-killer. Turnips are the little-veggies that brings total constipation. I will face my turnips. I will permit it to pass over me and through me. And when it has gone past I will turn to the colonoscopy to see its path. Where the turnip has gone there will be nothing. Only Jan will remain.

[Litany against Turnips - a teaching of the Bene Gesserit]

cam :D Userunfriendly

:D

Hee hee.. and I just got The Butlerian Jihad and The Machine Revolution yesterday. Good timing. :D

any good??? i really loved frank herbert books, i've read almost all of them, including the really obscure ones, like destination void and dosadi experiment...but how does his son write???

the original dune series ended with chapterhouse of dune...did his son ever complete that series??? poor frank died...

I thought Chapterhouse Dune was a pretty good ending to the series.

Brian Herbert isn't nearly the writer that his father was, though I am enjoying the books. His foreshadowing is... lacking at best and he tends to gloss over items that should probably have more detail. If you liked the Dune series you'll like 'em, otherwise I'm not sure the material stands well on its own.

I thought Chapterhouse Dune was a pretty good ending to the series.

Brian Herbert isn't nearly the writer that his father was, though I am enjoying the books. His foreshadowing is... lacking at best and he tends to gloss over items that should probably have more detail. If you liked the Dune series you'll like 'em, otherwise I'm not sure the material stands well on its own.

hmm...ever read whipping star and dosadi experiment??? i really wish frank had written more about mckee, from the bureu of sabotage..

actually i doubt that i would like brian's books now...the part about frank i liked the best is the intricate and complex ideas and concepts he seamlessly wove into his stories...like destination void, or the jesus experiment...not wonderful in terms of plot or characterization, but i loved the ideas and concepts... :D

Archived