TOB Trouble (sigh...)

I have now entered TOB. The lovetalk was fine at the Tree of Life and in Hell, but as soon as I get to TOB I get the dreaded "Kivan has nothing to say to you."

I have no other romance, and, as I said, the Tree and Hell talks were as they should be. What can I do?

Edit - Crud. As soon as I tried again and again I just decided to reform my party and during that time all of a sudden Kivan began talking of love to me! :D At last! Sorry for this mistake, Domi! Please delete this post and I'll slink away and...you know! :)

Actually, I'll keep it :)

It is normal for Kivan to remain silent until you get his first love-talk in ToB. He is reflecting :D

On second thought, yes, keeping this thread is a good idea. If it can spare other people starting all over again from scratch because they think that something broke somewhere or got messed up in a bad install or whatever, it will be worth it.

So, people, don't despair if Kivan doesn't talk to you or you can't talk to him at the beginning of TOB. Just wait a bit and then...well, you'll see! :D

Did you have Solaufein or any other romanceable character along by any chance? -10 sounds like Kivan reacting to someoen's romance going commited. If you have any other romancing character, see if s/he has 2 in his RomanceActive. You'll need to break up with that guy before reseting P#KivanLove/RomanceActive etc

AFterwards, please checkif that it will reset P#KivaRomanceActive to 1 or 2 and that P#KivanRomanceInactive is 0. I don't have the scripts in front of me now, but if fixing P#KivanLove does not help, RomanceActive are the ones to reset.

Now, I know what happend :D

I messed with Anomen and his becoming knight quest.. Guess it didn't kill his romance.

Thank you for fast reply :D

I have another problem, which I know was touched on this forum, about Master Wraith ToB dialogue. It didn't work in my game either. I repaired romance path, Deheriana appeared as a demon and all.. Is there any other possibility to make dialogue after defending MW appear? Setting timer, or something? :)

Well, er, MW adressing Kivan, and Deheriana showing up *is* Master-Wraith dialogue. Are you guys looking for something after killing MW and his crew? If that is the case, then no, nothing like that happens. The next Kivan-related thing is with Nyalee, Yaga's step-mother if Kivan took Tazok's heart in SOA, and that cycle played out.

Well, I was going for "a well-inetgrated character", but a masterpiece will have to do :D On the seriouse note, I am glad you like the mod.

Still, if anyone who has a valid romance do not see the BioWARE style Master-Wraith (ie Gorion addresses Kivan and summons Deheriana's ghost and PC gets a quick exchange with Kivan), please send me your save and debug. :)

Guest Storm

So when does he start talking since at a certain variable he will not speak. I could play for hours and finally learn he will not speak.

Kivanlove28

Kivanlovetalk7

1000 seconds of Real Time.

"P#KivanFRTOBStartRomance","GLOBAL",1

"P#KivanRomanceActive","GLOBAL",2

"P#KivanRomanceInactive","GLOBAL",0 (ie does not exist)

P#KiLOTOBTalk","GLOBAL",1

Guest Guest

Those things should be in the global variables right?

P#KivanRomanceActive","GLOBAL", is at 1 currently and no reference to TOB. Does that mean he will start it soon while playing TOB or did I do something wrong in SOA. I told him my char loved him when facing the last battle.

Guest Storm
Those things should be in the global variables right?

P#KivanRomanceActive","GLOBAL", is at 1 currently and no reference to TOB. Does that mean he will start it soon while playing TOB or did I do something wrong in SOA. I told him my char loved him when facing the last battle.

*sobs*

But I am checking a TOB save game :). He hasn't spoken at all yet and I killed the first bhaal spawn boss that orc.

Guest Storm

Well I can't eddit my posts so a new one.

So can you explain why it hasn't shown up?

I just played through BGII and auto entered TOB. How can I fix things?

Archived