After Amber's Kidnapping - game crashes

Guest Vashoom

Guest Vashoom

OK, first off, this mod is excellent, very very well written, I've loved all the sidequests and stuff leading up to Amber, and she fits into the party nicely. The only problem I've encountered is that after killing the slavers, when I get the map, the game crashes at the "Loading Area" screen when I use the map. I've tried it a couple times it is wasn't just a random game crash, it's definitely caused by the map. Does this mean the area wasn't installed correctly? Should I reinstall the mod, or would that adversely affect my game since I'm already playing with her?

I'd guess that the areas didn't install correctly, since after the initial area building I've never experienced a crash connected to the areas. In addition, none of the beta testers reported an incident like that. I'd try to uninstall, then install and use the map again after that.

I'd guess that the areas didn't install correctly, since after the initial area building I've never experienced a crash connected to the areas. In addition, none of the beta testers reported an incident like that. I'd try to uninstall, then install and use the map again after that.

I'm now experiencing the same thing. I've tried 3 times and the new area never loads...

Edit - after trying the reinstall the new area has loaded. Sorry for this post.

Guest Guest

ok i did the reinstall and it worked, but amber was nowhere within the sorcerer's lair . . . i've killed him and basically killed everyone in it, but have gotten no closer to finding her....

ok i did the reinstall and it worked, but amber was nowhere within the sorcerer's lair . . . i've killed him and basically killed everyone in it, but have gotten no closer to finding her....

Did you find the room above the sorcerers laboratory? After visiting that room (and exiting the building) you should find Amber shortly. :)

I'm now experiencing the same thing. I've tried 3 times and the new area never loads...

Edit - after trying the reinstall the new area has loaded. Sorry for this post.

That's so odd... I've seen people post similar area loading issue with Saerileth (who also adds new areas), even though everything has run smoothly for her creators and for most players as well. If only I could recreate that to see if I could find a hint which part of the area isn't installed properly. :)

Like Lord Ernie said, uninstalling and re-installing after that is safe as long as you install the mods back in the same order. And even if you should get Amber's soundset lines and/or name messed up pressing SHIFT-K when you have her selected will fix that.

Guest Guest

I did have that problem with Saerilith, but that was caused by my dial-up internet. The download stopped prematurely, so I didn't get all the MB of the mod. I had to re-download, making sure I got all of it. Then it worked fine.

I did have that problem with Saerilith, but that was caused by my dial-up internet.  The download stopped prematurely, so I didn't get all the MB of the mod.  I had to re-download, making sure I got all of it.  Then it worked fine.

Okay, I guess I wasn't paying enough attention. :suspect: Anyhow, let's hope that Amber's areas install correctly from now on, for at the moment I have no idea why they would not do that.

Archived