Install Order?

Guest Kuro_Neko

Guest Kuro_Neko

I've been playing BG2-TOB through with just a couple of Baldurdash fixes but now that I've gotten somewhat familar with the game I'm looking to enhance my experence alittle. My questions to the more experenced modders, hopefully to avoid common conflicts, are these:

Are there any conflicts in the following list of mods and if so which ones and possibly which components?

And whats the best install order so as to not overwrite something important? I've listed them in what I think is the correct order, but that's little more then an educated guess based on my limited experence with BG1 mods.

1--BGII-ThroneofBhaal_Patch_26498_ENGLISH.exe

2--G3-BG2_Fixpack-Beta2.exe

3--Ascension-WeiDU-v1.4.21.exe

4--Weimer-ItemUpgrade-v33.exe

5--Weimer-TacticsMod-v23.exe

6--G3-Oversight-v7.exe

7--G3-PnPCelestials-v3.exe

8--G3-BG2_Tweaks-v1.exe

Half of these are G3 mods but nowhere on the site or in any of the readme's can I find an install order listing so if any of the site developers happen to read this, perhaps tha would be a good thing to add kinda ala the Tutu install order listing.

Thanks in advance for anyone willing to help,

Kuro_Neko

1--BGII-ThroneofBhaal_Patch_26498_ENGLISH.exe

2--G3-BG2_Fixpack-Beta2.exe

3--Ascension-WeiDU-v1.4.21.exe

4--Weimer-ItemUpgrade-v33.exe

5--Weimer-TacticsMod-v23.exe

6--G3-Oversight-v7.exe

7--G3-PnPCelestials-v3.exe

8--G3-BG2_Tweaks-v1.exe

I think this is a pretty good order. You may want to swap Tactics and Item Upgrade. IU has had a recent update so it's less likely to overwrite anything. Ascension and Tactics are a bit older and may overwrite some fixes from Fixpack, but it can't be helped (and I doubt it would be anything major regardless).

When installing Ascension and Oversight, check your state.ids and spell.ids after each install. Ascension will remove the first blank line from your state.ids and Oversight can mess up some of your spells.ids. It easily fixed, but installing further before correcting it will cause some other mods to fail. Also there is a clash between BG2 fixpack and Questpack I think it is, which can cause an error regarding STAFF15.itm.

Been a while since I installed so I can't remember exactely where the bugs are, but they are there.

Edit: just noticed the date, sry for bumping.

When installing Ascension and Oversight, check your state.ids and spell.ids after each install. Ascension will remove the first blank line from your state.ids and Oversight can mess up some of your spells.ids. It easily fixed, but installing further before correcting it will cause some other mods to fail. Also there is a clash between BG2 fixpack and Questpack I think it is, which can cause an error regarding STAFF15.itm.

Oversight no longer overwrites anything, though it was causing a bizarre issue with stats.ids. We tried altering the code for stats.ids in v8 so hopefully it's now resolved. The issue with staf15.itm was actually being caused by BP and King Diamond has since fixed the issue.

Oversight no longer overwrites anything, though it was causing a bizarre issue with stats.ids. We tried altering the code for stats.ids in v8 so hopefully it's now resolved. The issue with staf15.itm was actually being caused by BP and King Diamond has since fixed the issue.

You're right. It was BP that caused the bug. As to it being fixed, I'm not sure that is so. I applied the fix posted by King Diamond http://forums.spellholdstudios.net/index.p...mp;#entry261463 and it didn't work. I followed the instructions precisely, not that difficult to add the lines needed. It still produced the same bug.

Here is my install, which will give a staf15.itm bug, whether or not you do as King Diamond posted.

// Log of Currently Installed WeiDU Mods

// The top of the file is the 'oldest' mod

// ~TP2_File~ #language_number #component_number // [subcomponent Name -> ] Component Name

~BG2FIXPACK/SETUP-BG2FIXPACK.TP2~ #0 #0 // BG2 Fixpack - Core Fixes

~BG2FIXPACK/SETUP-BG2FIXPACK.TP2~ #0 #100 // Party Gets XP for Sending Keldorn to Reconcile With Maria

~BG2FIXPACK/SETUP-BG2FIXPACK.TP2~ #0 #101 // Improved Spell Animations

~BG2FIXPACK/SETUP-BG2FIXPACK.TP2~ #0 #102 // Cromwell's Forging Actually Takes a Day

~BG2FIXPACK/SETUP-BG2FIXPACK.TP2~ #0 #104 // Ghreyfain's Holy Symbol Fixes

~BG2FIXPACK/SETUP-BG2FIXPACK.TP2~ #0 #105 // Additional Hero Quests in Trademeet Wait Until Hero is Officially Named

~BG2FIXPACK/SETUP-BG2FIXPACK.TP2~ #0 #108 // Remove Second Attribute Bonus for Evil Path in Wrath Hell Trial

~SETUP-ASCENSION.TP2~ #0 #0 // Ascension v1.41 (requires ToB)

~SETUP-ASCENSION.TP2~ #0 #1 // Tougher Abazigal (optional, requires ToB)

~SETUP-ASCENSION.TP2~ #0 #2 // Original Tougher Demogorgon (optional, requires ToB)

~SETUP-ASCENSION.TP2~ #0 #3 // Tougher Gromnir (optional, requires ToB)

~SETUP-ASCENSION.TP2~ #0 #4 // Tougher Illasera (optional, requires ToB)

~SETUP-ASCENSION.TP2~ #0 #5 // Tougher Yaga-Shura (optional, requires ToB)

~SETUP-OVERSIGHT.TP2~ #0 #0 // Tougher Sendai (TOB Required)

~SETUP-D0QUESTPACK.TP2~ #0 #0 // General AI Improvements

~SETUP-D0QUESTPACK.TP2~ #0 #1 // Creature & Area Improvements -> All Creature & Area Improvements

~SETUP-D0QUESTPACK.TP2~ #0 #2 // Creature & Area Improvements -> All Creature Improvements

~SETUP-D0QUESTPACK.TP2~ #0 #3 // Creature & Area Improvements -> Boss Improvements Only

~SETUP-D0QUESTPACK.TP2~ #0 #4 // Alternative Harper/Xzar Plot

~SETUP-D0QUESTPACK.TP2~ #0 #5 // Extended Reynald Sequence

~SETUP-D0QUESTPACK.TP2~ #0 #6 // Intrigue In The Copper Coronet

~SETUP-D0QUESTPACK.TP2~ #0 #7 // Rahul Kanakia's Potion Quest

~SETUP-D0QUESTPACK.TP2~ #0 #8 // Revised Hell Trials

~SETUP-D0QUESTPACK.TP2~ #0 #9 // Improved Oasis II -> IO2 Dialogue & Combat Enhancement

~SETUP-D0QUESTPACK.TP2~ #0 #11 // Saving Sanik In Brynnlaw

~SETUP-D0QUESTPACK.TP2~ #0 #12 // Burglary Of The Bookkeeper

~SETUP-D0QUESTPACK.TP2~ #0 #13 // New Fate For The Dryads' Acorns

~SETUP-D0QUESTPACK.TP2~ #0 #14 // The Tragedy Of Besamen

~SETUP-D0QUESTPACK.TP2~ #0 #15 // Further Slaver Involvement

~SETUP-D0QUESTPACK.TP2~ #0 #16 // Sending The Solamnic Knights Home

~SETUP-D0QUESTPACK.TP2~ #0 #17 // Nazariel The Lich

~SETUP-D0QUESTPACK.TP2~ #0 #18 // Reward Negotiation

~SETUP-D0QUESTPACK.TP2~ #0 #19 // Infernal Thievery

~SETUP-UB.TP2~ #0 #2 // Kalah and What He Was Promised

~SETUP-UB.TP2~ #0 #3 // "Cat and Mouse" (Bodhi hunts you in Spellhold) by Ghreyfain

~SETUP-UB.TP2~ #0 #4 // Gorje Hilldark and the Extended Illithium Quest

~SETUP-UB.TP2~ #0 #5 // The Pai'Na/Spider's Bane Quest

~SETUP-UB.TP2~ #0 #6 // Restored Crooked Crane Inn

~SETUP-UB.TP2~ #0 #8 // Artemis Entreri in Bodhi's Lair

~SETUP-UB.TP2~ #0 #9 // Corrected "Xzar's Creations"

~SETUP-UB.TP2~ #0 #10 // Restored Hell Minions, by SimDing0

~SETUP-UB.TP2~ #0 #11 // Gorf the Squisher Fix, by Gebhard Blucher

~SETUP-UB.TP2~ #0 #19 // Restored Bhaalspawn Powers, by David Gaider

~SETUP-UB.TP2~ #0 #21 // Throne of Bhaal Minor Restorations

~SETUP-UB.TP2~ #0 #24 // Sarevok's Remorse

~SETUP-APACK.TP2~ #0 #0 // Dual Wielding fix and Rogue Shop

~SETUP-APACK.TP2~ #0 #3 // Chosen of Cyric Encounter

~GBTHFKP/GBTHFKP.TP2~ #0 #0 // Expanded Thief Stronghold

~SETUP-CELESTIALS.TP2~ #0 #0 // PnP Celestials

~SETUP-D0TWEAK.TP2~ #0 #0 // Enhanced Goodberries

~SETUP-GMINION.TP2~ #0 #0 // gMinion v1.8

~SETUP-BPDETECTSTAT.TP2~ #0 #0 // Big Picture Detectable Stats, v1.2 (WeiDU)

~SETUP-ESERIES.TP2~ #0 #0 // eSeries v1.5

~SETUP-SEQMEM.TP2~ #0 #0 // Sequencer Memory v1.2

The bug with Ascension is real though. It will remove the first blank line in stats.ids causing a bug later when installing BP or Eseries (don't remember which). The bug is mentioned here as well http://forums.gibberlings3.net/index.php?s...amp;#entry54188

Archived