Imoen as Bard via Shadowkeeper

Lemernis

Think I'll run into any grief if I change Imoen into a bard via Shadowkeeper?

If by "greif" you mean "break the game and ruin my hard drive" - no.

She should just pick right up and run with being a bard.

you'll have to make sure she loses the theiving abilities, except pickpocket, but that's no biggee. May as well leave her spellbook as it sits. Don't forget to change her maximum spells memorizable and her spells currently memorized. And remove any ltrap laying innates.

You may well run into grief changing a class via SK. I always do. But that should surprise no one.

I think it's more complicated than just changing the class, but I'm no expert.

WizWorm's way might work.

There's also the issue of bardic lore ability. I've found that I run into the most trouble when I take away and forget to give back. In other words, when I shortchange an NPC by giving them too few proficiencies or something. that's where my game crashes.

Good luck.

Think I'll run into any grief if I change Imoen into a bard via Shadowkeeper?

If by "greif" you mean "break the game and ruin my hard drive" - no.

She should just pick right up and run with being a bard.

you'll have to make sure she loses the theiving abilities, except pickpocket, but that's no biggee. May as well leave her spellbook as it sits. Don't forget to change her maximum spells memorizable and her spells currently memorized. And remove any ltrap laying innates.

@Lemernis

I have found the easiest way to ensure you add all the abilities and stuff you need as well as removing what you shouldn't have is to create a PC in the tutorial with stats (STR, DEX, etc.) that match whatever character you are changing and save at the first opportunity. Then open both the "tutorial save" and the "game save" you want to adjust in SK. After that it's just a matter of matching the fields up as you cycle through each tab, except for gold, reputation, not giving the Bhaalspawn innates and such. Plus there's the nifty "add kit" feature which makes sure you get most if not all of the kit bonuses. Please note for this to work exactly as if the character in question as always been the new class, the stats you allot when creating the "model" in tutorial mode must be a precise match.

Archived