Possible bug at the CC

Shaitan

Guest Derell Licht

OOOOHHHH!!! ThankyouThankyouThankyou for this fix!! :)

I love Auren (though I'm a guy, so I guess she won't love me back!); one of the best NPCs in all the BG games... I had this bug too, of course, and was really stumped. I'm soooo glad this worked!!

Onward to glory and victory!! Hamsters and derelicts everywhere, REJOICE!!

OOOOHHHH!!! ThankyouThankyouThankyou for this fix!! :)

I love Auren (though I'm a guy, so I guess she won't love me back!); one of the best NPCs in all the BG games... I had this bug too, of course, and was really stumped. I'm soooo glad this worked!!

Onward to glory and victory!! Hamsters and derelicts everywhere, REJOICE!!

Aw thank you! I'm glad you are enjoying her...er..playing her..no that doesn't sound right either.

I'm glad you like having her in your party...there that sounds better. :)

Yes sorry about the bug, I really am trying to get V5 and ToB out; there are just a few issues remaining that I need to see to, but I promise it will be released if you ever feel up to another go with Auren.

And if you enjoy her enough, please consider being a beta tester for Auren ToB! Just PM or email me if youre interested.

Guest Perseph
Yes sorry about the bug, I really am trying to get V5 and ToB out; there are just a few issues remaining that I need to see to, but I promise it will be released if you ever feel up to another go with Auren.

I'm finding that I'm having the same bug problem. I'm entirely new to modding right now, this is the first one I've played -- but she still turns hostile on me. I went into that file and added the two, I reinstalled the mod twice now (though I didn't understand what good that was doing -- wouldn't it simply write the same file with the error back again?) but I can't get it to stop.

I tried removing her from my party, hoping that I could do the quest then simply re-add her afterwards. But, that doesn't seem to work either, since she disappears and I don't know whether she's still an npc I can re-add to my party.

Any help? :)

I'm attaching the up to date J file that is causing this bug. Uninstall Auren. Download the file I'm attaching and replace your J file in the Auren Aseph/Dialogues folder with it. Then reinstall the mod.

It should work fine after that.

Once Auren is let go, she will not rejoin the party.

Thanks for playing Auren! Hope you enjoy her. :)

Let me know if this works.

K_AurenJ.zip

I've run into this exact same issue, however, I elected a simpler in-game workaround. Just before opening the door to Lethithan's back room I move Auren a little bit down the hallway away from the rest of my party, then go into reform party and drop her. Her circle turns blue, and before she walks toward my PC I open the door and initiate coversation with Lethithan's guards. Dialogue ends and their circles turn red before Auren initiates conversation with me: "Should I stay or should I go?" Then I say: "Stay," she rejoins, none the wiser (or redder), and we commence combat normally. Worked for me!

Archived