modifying weaponproficiency 2da

Guest Guest

Something I've noticed-there are mods, specificly a couple available here (Amber and Divine Remix) from G3, that update/modify weaponproficiency 2da file and are trhrowing off the spacing of the entries (specificly, the space between ID(space)Name Entry is being extended so it looks like there's two ID columns followed by a 'Name_Entry' column. I used Infinity explorer to browse this file and the result seems to be that under mage proficiencies column the fighter numbers are lined up, etc down the line for all the other classes beng off by one column.

If this is not really an issue other than the file looking confusing and sloppy when manually looking at the 2da file, it's not a big deal I suppose. But if the game engine is reading the off-centered/mis-aligned numbers as they have been modified then it's a problem, as mages will get fighter proficiencies and fighter get clerics etc.

Something I've noticed-there are mods, specificly a couple available here (Amber and Divine Remix) from G3, that update/modify weaponproficiency 2da file and are trhrowing off the spacing of the entries (specificly, the space between ID(space)Name Entry is being extended so it looks like there's two ID columns followed by a 'Name_Entry' column. I used Infinity explorer to browse this file and the result seems to be that under mage proficiencies column the fighter numbers are lined up, etc down the line for all the other classes beng off by one column.

If this is not really an issue other than the file looking confusing and sloppy when manually looking at the 2da file, it's not a big deal I suppose. But if the game engine is reading the off-centered/mis-aligned numbers as they have been modified then it's a problem, as mages will get fighter proficiencies and fighter get clerics etc.

That was me, I've finally registered. I misread/typed Name Entry; I was refering to Name_Ref, just in case anyone was baffled.

Anytime you use the SET_2DA_ENTRY command of WeiDU, it doesn't care about column space so you get columns shifted and out of alignment. The header row gets shifted over a column, but the entries still work fine in-game.

I didn't know this, thanks for saving me a lot of work... I've been correcting the messed up columns for many altered 2da files after mod installs in fear that it may be being affected ingame... so is it just the header row that can get shifted and work without problems? ie if the actual numbers/data in the fields below the header row get shifted will it 'break' the 2da file?

I started doing this with 2da files after I noticed eseries or sgseries added entries to the scripdesc 2da with some columns off and it resulted in the text that describes the scripts in game being messed up.

Anytime you use the SET_2DA_ENTRY command of WeiDU, it doesn't care about column space so you get columns shifted and out of alignment. The header row gets shifted over a column, but the entries still work fine in-game.

I didn't know this, thanks for saving me a lot of work... I've been correcting the messed up columns for many altered 2da files after mod installs in fear that it may be being affected ingame... so is it just the header row that can get shifted and work without problems? ie if the actual numbers/data in the fields below the header row get shifted will it 'break' the 2da file?

I started doing this with 2da files after I noticed eseries or sgseries added entries to the scripdesc 2da with some columns off and it resulted in the text that describes the scripts in game being messed up.

Anyone have an answer for the questions above? Thanks.

Whitespace is whitespace. From the game's point of view a tab is the same as a space, which is the same as 500 spaces. Just so long as there is some whitespace of any kind between two columns, it'll work fine.

Whitespace is whitespace. From the game's point of view a tab is the same as a space, which is the same as 500 spaces. Just so long as there is some whitespace of any kind between two columns, it'll work fine.

Thank ye!

Archived