Can't remix my Mac

Guest Todd Johnson

Guest Todd Johnson

The OS X installer don't work, at least for the Cleric Remix.

It won't remix my BG1Tutu install over SOA. The .command file won't execute at all, I get an error in Terminal that the file is not executable.

If I try to install using Mod Organizer or the old fashioned manual install method, I get this:

[setup-Cleric_Remix.tp2] LEXER ERROR at line 1361 column 29-30

Near Text: .

invalid character [.]

[setup-Cleric_Remix.tp2] ERROR at line 1361 column 29-30

Near Text: .

Parsing.Parse_error

ERROR: parsing [setup-Cleric_Remix.tp2]: Parsing.Parse_error

ERROR: problem parsing TP file [setup-Cleric_Remix.tp2]: Parsing.Parse_error

ERROR: Parsing.Parse_error

That's strange. I tried installing it as well and got a different error (without Tutu, but you'd think the .command file would work the same way).

My error message was "ERROR locating resource:

Resource [MXSPLDRU.2da] not found in KEY file:

[./chitin.key]"

But the .command file worked just fine, so obviously something strange is going on.

The problem with Todd's .command file was traced to the default Finder extract program. Using another program, it worked fine and then generated the same error, a missing MXSPLDRU.2da file. I'm not sure if this is a ToB-only file, or a Windows-only file, but it's not present and that's causing the install failure. I've sent you both a revised tp2; let me know if it works.

Guest Todd Johnson

It works now.... like a charm....

only one question: should Jaheira, being a Druid, have one less spell per level?

I'm really dusty with the PnP rules..... and my books are all sold and gone, so I dunno if her spell progression had to be corrected or not.

This is the Jaheira in BG1Tutu, BTW.

Guest Todd Johnson

It's the ring of holiness.......

I had the ring of holiness from Mulahey. The remix was ignoring it.

What's worse.... when I took it off Jaheira, she lost one spell per level, including the one 3rd level spell she was entitled to at 5th level :)

I'm looking at a couple workarounds....

Guest Todd Johnson

Nope.... guess it's not the ring

I CLUAed in a new Jaheira.... still has one less spell per level.... and no level 3 spell when I advance her to 5th.

Archived