Invisibility

Macready

Hello -

Duration on lvl 3 wizard spell Invisibility 10' Radius (SPWI307) is incorrect. Currently 300, supposed to be 7200 per description.

Many (Non-improved) invisib. spells and items that should have duration 7200 have duration 0, 300, 3600, or some other number.

Just found ROSSLAND.ITM - sandthief's ring - that has duration 3,600,000! :woot!: :)

In NI search for all spells and items with string 'invisib'. And also the Pixie Dust spell.

I tend to manually correct non-mod spells/items as I don't know if a mod developer meant for their stuff to have lower time durations.

We should send some of the bounty hunters from BG1 out after him. They all seem to be able to find people easily and since we want him alive it doesn't matter that they are easy to defeat. ;)

I do hope things will be alright with him!

Here's a quick 'n' dirty fix based on the fixpack code for the Resist Fire/Cold priest spell:

// Fix for the duration of the Invisibility 10' radius spell
COPY_EXISTING ~spwi307.spl~ ~override~
 READ_LONG  0x64 "abil_off"
 READ_SHORT 0x68 "abil_num"
 READ_LONG  0x6a "fx_off"
 PATCH_IF ("%abil_num%" > 0) BEGIN								   // grabs last ability
READ_SHORT ("%abil_off%" + 0x1e + (("%abil_num%" - 1) * 0x28)) "abil_fx_num"
READ_SHORT ("%abil_off%" + 0x20 + (("%abil_num%" - 1) * 0x28)) "abil_fx_idx"
WHILE ("%abil_fx_num%" > 0) BEGIN
  SET "abil_fx_num" = ("%abil_fx_num%" - 1)
  READ_LONG ("%fx_off%" + 0x0e + (0x30 * ("%abil_fx_idx%" + "%abil_fx_num%"))) "duration"
  PATCH_IF ("%duration%" = 300) BEGIN						// incorrect duration
	WRITE_LONG ("%fx_off%" + 0x0e + (0x30 * ("%abil_fx_idx%" + "%abil_fx_num%"))) 7200 // corrects duration
  END
END
 END
 BUT_ONLY_IF_IT_CHANGES

I'll be using this for RR v3.8 since Marina sells three scrolls of this spell and it's quite handy for the "stealth path" of the STI component. :)

Archived