Bug: Simulacrum is an evocation spell

Guest Ecoris

When a characters casts Simulacrum it plays the evocation casting animation (the red one). Simulacrum is supposed to belong to the school of illusion/phantasm.

Necromancers CAN scribe it from scrolls. They CAN'T cast it from scrolls (can't put it into the quick item slots, the scroll has got the red background in the inventory).

Enchanters CAN'T scribe it from scrolls. They CAN cast it from scrolls (can be put into a quick item slot, the scroll has got NOT fot the red background in the inventory).

Anyone else experience this?

Another one: If I have a party member cast globe of invulnerability and another party member casts dispel magic on him the globe is not dispelled and it'll display the "Spell Ineffective" message. However the globe does not protect against dispel magic; other spells affecting the target are removed, but the globe itself is unaffected.

Yes, I have the improved spell animations mod (I've only noticed that Maze has a new animation; not the same as Imprisonment any longer). I've also installed the G3 fixpack and one single component that removes the white glowing ball animation from the cloak that deflects spell damage.

I've got SoA and ToB installed.

// Log of Currently Installed WeiDU Mods

// The top of the file is the 'oldest' mod

// ~TP2_File~ #language_number #component_number // [subcomponent Name -> ] Component Name

~BG2FIXPACK/SETUP-BG2FIXPACK.TP2~ #0 #0 // BG2 Fixpack - Core Fixes

~BG2FIXPACK/SETUP-BG2FIXPACK.TP2~ #0 #101 // Improved Spell Animations

~BG2FIXPACK/SETUP-BG2FIXPACK.TP2~ #0 #104 // Ghreyfain's Holy Symbol Fixes

~BG2FIXPACK/SETUP-BG2FIXPACK.TP2~ #0 #105 // Additional Hero Quests in Trademeet Wait Until Hero is Officially Named

~BG2FIXPACK/SETUP-BG2FIXPACK.TP2~ #0 #109 // Corrected Summoned Demon Behavior

~BG2_TWEAKS/SETUP-BG2_TWEAKS.TP2~ #0 #3150 // Turn Off The Hideous Cloak-of-Mirroring and Spell-Trap Animation

I'm at a loss here. None of those change the spell or the scroll.

I've also got

BG2ThroneOfBhaalFixPack112

BG2ThroneOfBhaalGameTextUpdate12

Baldur'sGateII-ShadowsofAmnPatchENGLISH (not sure if it's installed)

BG2TOBDavidGaider'sImprovedTougherIllasera

BG2TOBDavidGaider'sImprovedTougherGromnir

I'll try and do a reinstall.

If you have Throne of Bhaal installed, be careful not not install that Shadows of Amn patch, you'll spoil your installation and have to start over from scratch. Only the Throne of Bhaal patch can be installed (I'm not sure if the new collector's edtion needs even that - if you're not sure what you're playing, there's a version number on the lower left of one of the startup screens).

Are you not using the WeiDU versions of David Gaider's Improved stuff (you can get them, modularly, with Ascension). If they're not in your WeiDU log then I think you might be - and I heartily recommend that you don't (not in the least because they can't be uninstalled properly).

Are you not using the WeiDU versions of David Gaider's Improved stuff (you can get them, modularly, with Ascension). If they're not in your WeiDU log then I think you might be - and I heartily recommend that you don't (not in the least because they can't be uninstalled properly).
I heartily recommend that you do. Ascension WeiDU makes some spurious changes to the improved content that I don't think outweighs the easy (un)installation.

In any case, I'm inclined to say that this "bug" is likely from a Baldurdash "fix."

I'm sure that I haven't installed the SoA patch. I was just lookingthrough my folder that contains downloaded patches/mods.

The David Gaider "improved ..." I'm using are obtained from baldurdash.org.

I guess that I've got both the baldurdash fixpack and the G3 fixpack installed.

I reinstalled it all. Simulacrum is an illusion spell again. I never realized that your level could be high enough for the clones to cast simulacrum again. A cloned clone does not suffer a (further) decrease of level so the cloning can go on and on...

Archived