Full plate +1 allows use of thieving skills

Bex

Confirmed, both plat05 and plat 14 (both full plate +1) disable the stealth button twice, instead of the stealth and thieving buttons.

// both full plate +1 don't disable thieving button
COPY_EXISTING ~plat05.itm~ ~override~
		  ~plat14.itm~ ~override~
 READ_LONG  0x6a "fx_off" ELSE 0
 READ_SHORT 0x70 "fx_num" ELSE 0
 SET "count" = 0
 FOR (index = 0; index < fx_num; index = index + 1) BEGIN
READ_BYTE ("%fx_off%" +		("%index%" * 0x30)) "opcode"
READ_LONG ("%fx_off%" + 0x08 + ("%index%" * 0x30)) "param"
PATCH_IF (("%type%" = 144) OR ("%param%" = 0)) BEGIN // disable stealth button
  PATCH_IF ("%count%" = 0) BEGIN // if first time, leave alone
	SET "count" = 1
  END ELSE BEGIN // if second, change to disable thieving button
	WRITE_LONG ("%fx_off%" + 0x08 + ("%index%" * 0x30)) 1 // thieving button
  END
END
 END
 BUT_ONLY_IF_IT_CHANGES

Thanks! Fixed for v3.

PATCH_IF (("%type%" = 144) AND ("%param%" = 0)) BEGIN, yes? :)

Yes. :)

Some of the other things you posted here back in 2004 are also bugs with five-minute fixes....

... and going to check on them reveals that all of those old BD links no longer work. I really hope it's because my permissions at SHS got shafted, as the alternative--deleted forum--would be fairly awful.

Armor's fixed for v3. I'll see what other stuff from that list can be quickly knocked out. It's so out of date at this point...

I was thinking mostly of the mistargetted .effs in Warhammer +1,+4 vs. Giant Humanoids (Skullcrusher is wrong too) and the Enemy Clerics casting Harm on PCs rather than on themselves (though several other create magical weapon spells are mistargetted in the same way, and I guess we have to have a bicker over whether just punching in an AttackReevaluate after the spellcasting is allowed or adequate, so maybe not)

... and going to check on them reveals that all of those old BD links no longer work. I really hope it's because my permissions at SHS got shafted, as the alternative--deleted forum--would be fairly awful.

Phew, just a permissions issue. devSin, Nythrun, are you registered at SHS? If you want access to the old threads, you'll need to register.

Anyway, since the issue here is actually fixed, I'll move this to the archives.

Archived