Dawnbringer Sain issues

Caedwyr

http://forums.bioware.com/forums/viewtopic...rum=10&sp=0

I happen to have come across a weird error. Everyone knows the quest *after* the illithium quest with Sir Sarles in which you are sent to see Dawnbringer Sain in the temple of Lathander. Well, I had done that quest before on an unmodded game and went about with the purpose of doing it again. This is where the problem comes in:

When I went to see Sain, he wasnt there. I know that he spawns towards the top left of the temple immediately after receiving the quest. Im not sure *which* mod it is that I have installed that interferes with this, but for whatever reason he is not there. My brother happened to have had the same problem on his computer as well. And he DL'd many of the same mods as I did as well as afew others.

Im not sure what the problem is. Im in ToB now so it doesnt really matter but I am going to play through SoA again sometime and its always good to figure out the cause of a bug.

I was going to post my Weidu log so someone could take a look at it but it says theres words with too many characters without a space and I dont know an easy way to get by that.

I was sent by the fellow in the temple of helm to see Dawnbringer Sain. Im playing a Lawful Good Justifier (Ranger kit). My rep is 20.

Anyways I started ToB and ran into a far more inconvienient bug. Its with Lazarus and getting his book back from Hectan.

I get the quest from Lazarus. I talk to Hectan. He denies all accusations. I talk to Squib. Squib confesses he gave the book to Hectan. Back to Hectan. Hectan says he stole the book but demands a scroll of teleportation. I talk to Lazarus to get the scroll. Lazarus just tells me about the quest again and says to talk to Hectan. I talk to Hectan again and Hectan says to talk to Lazarus. I go back and talk to Lazarus again. He says the same thing. Its something with Lazarus not recognizing that Ive already spoken to Hectan. No clue how to fix it.

And another also.

My brother is still in SoA. Im talking to him on the phone and I just taught him how to CLUA and had him spawn Sain so it worked.

But Im positive its some fashion of glitch occurring with Sain and another mod not making him spawn. no clue why but w/e. Perhaps its the BG2 fixpack or the BG2 tweak pack. Not sure.

Quote: Posted 01/30/07 07:42 (GMT) by LonelyVampyre

But Im positive its some fashion of glitch occurring with Sain and another mod not making him spawn. no clue why but w/e. Perhaps its the BG2 fixpack or the BG2 tweak pack. Not sure.

The BG2 Fixpack and the Tweak Pack shouldn't cause an error like that. If you have any other mods installed, it might be that. Or it could just be one of those unfortunate glitches...

The Lazarus bug in that thread was fixed in v2.

Sain only spawns if you can join the temple, i.e. a good cleric of some type, or if Telwyn from the Helm temple sends you over. Unfortunately, like the Lathander stronghold itself, they forgot ranger-clerics in Sain's normal spawn routine. I did a more extensive look for these types of errors and there's a number of places where Lathander ranger-clerics are left out:

Do not have righteous anger Lathander responses in Borinall's dialogue:

// allow cleric-rangers to acquire temple stronghold; see ar0900.bcs, ar0902.bcs, arval.bcs, bharval.dlg, scsain.dlg, travin.dlg
ADD_TRANS_TRIGGER BORINALL 8 ~False()~ DO 3
EXTEND_BOTTOM BORINALL 8
IF ~OR(6)
 Class(Player1,CLERIC)
 Class(Player1,FIGHTER_CLERIC)
 Class(Player1,CLERIC_MAGE)
 Class(Player1,CLERIC_THIEF)
 Class(Player1,FIGHTER_MAGE_CLERIC)
 Class(Player1,CLERIC_RANGER)
Alignment(Player1,MASK_GOOD)~ THEN REPLY #37579 GOTO 11
END

Do not have righteous anger Lathander responses in Travin's dialogue:

// allow cleric-rangers to acquire temple stronghold; see ar0900.bcs, ar0902.bcs, arval.bcs, bharval.dlg, borinall.dlg, scsain.dlg
ADD_TRANS_TRIGGER TRAVIN 1 ~False()~ DO 2
EXTEND_BOTTOM TRAVIN 1
IF ~OR(6)
 Class(Player1,CLERIC)
Alignment(Player1,MASK_GOOD)~ THEN REPLY #37503 GOTO 5
END
ADD_TRANS_TRIGGER TRAVIN 4 ~False()~ DO 2
EXTEND_BOTTOM TRAVIN 4
IF ~OR(6)
 Class(Player1,CLERIC)
Alignment(Player1,MASK_GOOD)~ THEN REPLY #37525 GOTO 10
END

Arval spawns correctly after Gaal speaks, but he should be initiating dialogue instead of standing there; Sain isn't spawning (added to existing ar0900.bcs patch):

// allow cleric-rangers to acquire temple stronghold; see bharval.dlg, borinall.dlg, scsain.dlg, travin.dlg
COPY_EXISTING ~ar0900.bcs~ ~override~
		  ~ar0902.bcs~ ~override~
		  ~arval.bcs~  ~override~
 DECOMPILE_BCS_TO_BAF
REPLACE_TEXTUALLY ~OR(5)\([%tab% %lnl%%mnl%%wnl%]+Class(Player1,CLERIC)[%tab% %lnl%%mnl%%wnl%]+Class(Player1,FIGHTER_CLERIC)[%tab% %lnl%%mnl%%wnl%]+Class(Player1,CLERIC_MAGE)[%tab% %lnl%%mnl%%wnl%]+Class(Player1,CLERIC_THIEF)[%tab% %lnl%%mnl%%wnl%]+Class(Player1,FIGHTER_MAGE_CLERIC)[%tab% %lnl%%mnl%%wnl%]+\)\(Alignment(Player1,MASK_GOOD)\)~
				  ~OR(6) \1 Class(Player1,CLERIC_RANGER) \2~
 COMPILE_BAF_TO_BCS
 BUT_ONLY_IF_IT_CHANGES

Triggers in Dawnbringer Sain's dialogue not including cleric-rangers:

// allow cleric-rangers to acquire temple stronghold; see ar0900.bcs, ar0902.bcs, arval.bcs, bharval.dlg, borinall.dlg, travin.dlg
REPLACE_STATE_TRIGGER SCSAIN 31
~OR(7)
 Class(Player1,CLERIC)
 Global("JoinLathander","GLOBAL",1)
InPartySlot(LastTalkedToBy,0)
Global("StealingPlot","GLOBAL",0)
Global("SculptorDone","GLOBAL",1)~

ADD_TRANS_TRIGGER SCSAIN 38 ~!Class(Player1,CLERIC_RANGER)~ DO 4 5
ADD_TRANS_TRIGGER SCSAIN 38 ~False()~ DO 0

EXTEND_BOTTOM SCSAIN 38
IF ~OR(6)
 Class(Player1,CLERIC)
 Class(Player1,CLERIC_RANGER)~ THEN REPLY #29486 GOTO 44
END

Added for v3.

I am having the same but with Dawnbringer Sain not spawning, even after Telwyn in Helm tells me to go talk to him. I am a LN F/M. I have the multiple-strongholds-with-class-restrictions Tweak installed. I haven't finished the Cult of the Floating Eye quest yet.

This is posted mostly as a reminder to me to post back when I am done with that quest to see if the problem is that the DS quest would be one I would get as a stronghold quest

were I eligible for the cleric stronghold. So possibly he won't spawn until it is clear that I am not getting this as my stronghold. Or maybe not. I am just theorising out loud here ...

Archived