Hello my Fix-Pack Frends - i found a bug

Guest Chris

First: Sorry for my bad English....

i want to tell you a big bug in Baldurs Gate 2, and i think this bug sould be fixed in fixpack, too.

So, Jahera have a magic Spell, hmmm its the spell you can raise someone from the dead, only jahera has this spell. i dont know how its called in english.

but when you use this spell to an enemy like a dragon or any other enemy - they died all - so its the powerfullest spell in baldurs gate

dear fix-pack mod team, i would be very happy if you can fix this

greets

chris

Gah. OK, let's discuss options for fixing this. I naively thought the 'dead actor' target actually meant dead actors. :)

Maybe it's possible to replace those effects with "Use EFF file" and set them to only target PC from EA.IDS...

Wouldn't stop you from, say, nuking Irenicus or Melissan.

I wonder if we can just make it non-cumulative? I hate all the dumb targeting hacks (but I know Cam is going to whip up yet another shell spell). :)

Probably the simplest solution, but it still allows you to use it once on enemies. I'm going to run it through 18 shells just to annoy you. :)

Could we use a one-person, friendlies-only projectile to work around this?

I think the EA targeting (PRO) only does something for AoE projectiles.

Shoot. Perhaps a minimal radius could work around this--argh, I'll play around with this later, but I hate dealing with projectiles.

More ideas in the meantime are good, especially if they save me from .pro files. :)

I don't understand your first comment. When are Irenicus and Melissan ever allegiance PC?

Heh, I misread that completely--I thought he meant targeting PC-allowed races, not using PC from EA.ids itself. That should work; I'll check it out.

Yeah, I really hate relying on the EFF targeting working 100%, but it seems simple enough to have 6 different EFFs :( targeting EA - 2 for the attribute penalties.

It should catch familiars, but I don't think EA PC grabs any other allies.

Yeah, I really hate relying on the EFF targeting working 100%, but it seems simple enough to have 6 different EFFs :) targeting EA - 2 for the attribute penalties.

Or just one EFF to cast a SHELL SPELL.

Seriously, though, this is coded and tested for v3--works just fine.

Archived