New Areas

Diana

I've recycled a few areas from IWD2 for use in a mod using DLTCEP. My question is this - I can via DLTCEP assign a script file to the new area -- but when I entered the area the new .cre I wanted to spawn via the area's script did not work though I had compiled it via the .tp2 and it exists in override. I can CLUA Console the .cre in without a problem. I was wondering if there was something else I needed to do like add the new area to the mastarea.2da file?

Thanks.

You should add them to the master area list, but that shouldn't be causing this. One problem might be that areas are stored in the save game. If you are visiting the area from a saved game, it will load the area from your save--if you had visited the area before a script was assigned, then it's stored in the save game without a script.

You should add them to the master area list, but that shouldn't be causing this. One problem might be that areas are stored in the save game. If you are visiting the area from a saved game, it will load the area from your save--if you had visited the area before a script was assigned, then it's stored in the save game without a script.

Thanks - probably the right answer - as I've been back and forth loading prior save games before visting the area to test things.

Deleting it from your cache should work.

Hi,

I DO clear out the cache before trying new things. (But I acknowledge I'm a novice at the modding scene). Had to read all the entries in the various IE communities to figure out why certain things weren't working when I imported areas from IWD1/IWD2. But hey, it's relaxing after a miserable day at work to try and get your sprites to do exactly what you want them to.

Note that the cache shouldn't really have any effect on anything. The cache directory simply contains as many uncompressed BIFFs as your settings permit; the game does this so it doesn't have to decompress the same BIFFs over and over.

If you clear your cache directory, the only thing you're doing is forcing the game to decompress the BIFFs yet again.

Yeah, clearing the cache should work, but rarely helps :p

It helps only if your area would normally reside in a compressed bif AND it is not yet in the override/savegame.

The master area thing is also important, but only when the game considers if it should swap out an area or not.

And of course, for weather.

Yeah, clearing the cache should work, but rarely helps :p

It helps only if your area would normally reside in a compressed bif AND it is not yet in the override/savegame.

The master area thing is also important, but only when the game considers if it should swap out an area or not.

And of course, for weather.

Thank you all for the advice - When I re-visit TOB as I'm now past the point where the quest I was testing, I'll try some of the suggestions listed.

Archived