No Shapeshifter patch?

Doesn't really matter, as long as it can be detected via script and changed via spell effect--which leaves the standard EA.GENERAL.RACE.CLASS.SPECIFICS.GENDER.ALIGNMENT selection. The reason why I used specifics is that it should always be zero for party members, yes? Otherwise we'd also have to track the initial value and restore it.

Note that InMyGroup() and NearestMyGroupOfType are allegiance-agnostic. They will pick up any actor with a matching specifics value (which is why you can't use them in PC scripts and PCs shouldn't have specifics); like NearestEnemyOfType, any allegiance parameter supplied to NearestMyGroupOfType should be ignored (which is crap, of course, since unlike NearestEnemyOfType, the matching is specifics, not allegiance).

I pointed out Anomen's bad specifics forever ago. Any NPC in Group 1 *will* detect Anomen if they try to run either of the two group calls.

Yeah, you were interrogating Cam's post, not mine. Sorry. But mine was clearer in that respect, AND NOT JUST BECAUSE I POSTED FIRST! :D

It's probably also the best we can do here.

edit: Unless of course, we pull the same trick with a scripting state or prof a la detectable stats. Is there anything that could be used without interfering with the umpteen DS implementations?

Tracking, CastingLevelBonus\(Mage\|Priest\) measure stats that aren't used in game and haven't appeared in any version of Detectable Aephects that I've seen.

I'm up past my bedtime and not making any sense today, so I'm shutting up now :)

Archived