Joy! Happiness! and a question.

Guest erik

Finally!

My incumbent NPC shows up in game with custom portrait, talks and joins me! Yay! Now for the 99% remaining work...

Question: Can I override reputation/happiness behaviour for this specific NPC only? The npc is of good alignment, but shouldn't leave even when reputation hits rock bottom.

If you are talking about your own NPC, then don't worry - you would have to script the reaction to the party reputation. A home-grown NPC does not actually come with any link between reputation and happiness, you have to create it.

If you are talking about an in-game NPC, then techinaclly there is a way of rebuilding the NPC script to make sure it doesn't happen (they respond but don't leave).

I could've sworn she left the party and ran off once, but that's what comes of being a figment of my imagination. *shrug* ... taking on a life of her own already.

Right now, I'm going moderately mad from making bams. Par for the course? :)

Hmm. She doesn't run off, but she definitely bitches, moans and leaves the party when my reputation gets too low. And no, I haven't scripted anything in particular to get her to do that.

*puzzled*

Yeah, the tweak pack "happy patch" mucks around with a .2da or two. Modifying that would affect every npc, though, which I don't want...

Yeah, I'm finding that out as well. I need to do the same thing, because I've written a romance for a good NPC in a game where everyone turns hostile in the last chapter. It's *real* easy for your rep to drop from super-high all the way through the floor in just a few rounds. It just wouldn't do for someone who is in a committed relationship to bolt if somebody starts talking behind <CHARNAME>'s back.

COPY_EXISTING ~dplayer2.bcs~ ~override~
 DECOMPILE_BCS_TO_BAF
REPLACE_TEXTUALLY ~BreakingPoint()~
  ~BreakingPoint()
   !CharName("EricTheHalfABee",Myself)~
 COMPILE_BAF_TO_BCS

Well, that wasn't too bad... I very much suspect there are less hacky ways to do it, though.

Whee. Description bam #2 was done in approximately 1/8 of the time I used on the first. Finding a good "imitate-pencil-drawing-from-picture" plugin for the Gimp helped immensely.

Archived