[No Current Problem]

ktchong

I am working on patches to fix and improve the overall performance of Planescape: Torment because no one else has worked on the game since version 1.37 (i.e., Platter's final Fix Pack) and the Restoration Pack, and the game still has a lot of problems. I'm working on a simple fix pack that does not add anything to the game, so it's not a mod. There isn't a forum for Planescape: Torment, so I suppose I'll have to ask for helps from you guys.

Is there a way to check the current state of LockScroll/UnlockScroll? I would like to lock the screen onto the PC for certain cut-scenes, but only if the Lock feature is not already on, so I can restore the LockScroll state after the cut-scene. (Update: I no longer need help on this - I found an alternate solution to this one.)

Thanks.

If I have another question, I'll just change the topic of this thread and post my new question. Thanks.

Two more questions:

How do you create a new category for items, if that is even possible?

What are the directions for the FACE integer? What direction does each integer represents? (Update: this has been answered - thanks avenger!)

N/T means not tested, but sometimes it also means not reproducible.

Since this is reverse engineering, we rarely say that something isn't working, we usually assume we just didn't use it properly.

Recently i managed to confirm some stuff as not working by looking at the code directly.

I have yet to take a peek into PST actions, but i think eventually i'll.

Maybe that's what the N/T means in the IESDP. I guess either it's not tested or not working.

I was hoping to make the playable companions wander and walk around a bit when you drop them out of your party, instead of just having them standing in the same spots day-and-night doing nothing like statues. That would add life to the characters. Of course, I would have to make them always return to the spots where you drop them -- that's where SavePlace() and ReturnToSavedPlace() would come in.

Oh well. No biggie.

[uPDATE: I have already received help from Miloch - thanks!]

Can someone please send me a couple of .BAM from BG 1/2 + expansions or IWD + expansions?

I need two .BAM's: one for the icons of Chained-Teeth Earrings, and the other for Lockpicks. Those icons are used in the inventory screen. PST uses the wrong (or inappropriate) .BAM for Chained-Teeth-Earrings and is missing the .BAM for Lockpicks. The Restoration Pack "fixed" the missing Lockpicks icons by assigning the .BAM of a Needle to Lockpicks, but the item is supposed to be a set of lockpicks, i.e., a lockpick toolkit.

(Apparently the PST programmers got confused and cross-linked the two items, but an early fan-made fix pack fixes the problem. But the .BAMs-in-use are still wrong.)

I have browsed through all the BAM's in PST, and there doesn't seem to be anything appropriate for those two items. Some BG or IWD game should have the appropriate .BAM's for those items, but I do not have BG or IWD right now, and I have never checked out their .BAM's to see what they have. Otherwise, I could just extract the appropriate .BAM's from BG/IWD and import them into PST.

If you have a .BAM that is suitable for either a Chained-Teeth Earrings or Lockpicks, please email me to ktchong@[DO-NOT-SPAM]email.com - thanks! (Remove [DO-NOT-SPAM], of course.)

[uPDATE: I have already received help from Miloch - thanks!]

I can't find anything for an earring in either BG1 or BG2. There is also nothing I can find in BG2 or BG1 to resemble a set of lockpicks. There is a "Ring of Lock Picks" in BG2 but it just has a normal ring as a BAM. I did a lockpick BAM for my Thievery mod idea (linked in my signature), but it's just a single lockpick, not a set. I don't have the IWDs so I can't check.

Are they also missing the description BAMs (does PST have those)?

What do you mean?

PST does have a BAM for lockpicks:

LOCKPICK.gif

SMLOCKPK.gif

It's a lockpick toolset. This is the BAM is being used by Chained-Teeth Earrings (which also improves Annah's lockpicking skill.) You are looking at the exact sizes of the icons as the earrings/lockpicks appear in the inventory and when they are being picked up in the inventory screen.

The dimensions of this BAM are really small compared to the icons of other item. It's the smallest in the game. The dimensions of the first sequence is 27x39, and the second sequence is 10x17. Most other inventory items in PST have the dimensions of around 50x50 to 60x60 (sequence 1) and 25x25 to 30x30 (sequence 2).

I am hoping to find something with slightly bigger dimensions for lockpicks. If I enlarge the BAM of earrings/lockpicks, it'll become very blocky. If I can't find another suitable BAM for lockpicks, then I will have to use this BAM for the lockpicks. I would still need a BAM for the earrings, though. A chained-teeth earrings.

I can send this BAM to you if you want it.

What do you mean?
BG1+2 have description BAMs when you right-click on an item to look at it, like this (a rather poor one I was going to redo eventually):

lpk1dsc1.jpg

PST might not have those though. I actually have the game (even had it installed until recently), I just haven't played it or played around with it yet.

The dimensions of this BAM are really small compared to the icons of other item. It's the smallest in the game. The dimensions of the first sequence is 27x39, and the second sequence is 10x17. Most other inventory items in PST have the dimensions of around 50x50 to 60x60 (sequence 1) and 25x25 to 30x30 (sequence 2).
Yeah, they're probably the same format as BG BAMs then, which have a 64x64 maximum for sequence 1 and 32x32 for sequence 2. So you could use the first graphic here as the second sequence, but you'd still be stuck for the larger one. I could probably try to reverse engineer that with some graphics tools - probably the best bet for a Fixpack then trying to draw a new BAM (which might be easier, but less true to the game).
I would still need a BAM for the earrings, though. A chained-teeth earrings.
As for that - it would probably have to be done from scratch then if there isn't a suitable one elsewhere. I could probably do that too, maybe even just lifting one from elsewhere. Maybe a simplified version of one of these:

earring1.jpgearring2.jpg

Being as how it's *missing* in the game, and we've no idea what it should've looked like (do we?), I think a fixpack should have some leeway here as far as making one for it. If those are the only BAMs that are off in the game, it's not a lot of work. I'll send you my email via PM. Also can you post the description if there is one.

I do think it's great you're doing a fixpack for this often-overlooked game. Maybe it'll be ready by the time I finally get around to playing it (probably years from now knowing me :)).

only bg1/bg2 support description bams.

pst uses the large inventory icon (the one you use when moving the item around) for description bam.

I think you could check blackwyrmlair or spellholdstudios for item bams.

only bg1/bg2 support description bams. pst uses the large inventory icon (the one you use when moving the item around) for description bam.
Yeah, I noticed that after I installed PST and ripped apart some of the BAMs with DLTCEP :).

bodicel.gifbonel.gifeyel.gifheartl.gifjarl.gifskulll.gif

Can I say... OMG? I *have* to play this game... and maybe even make an item mod out of some of the BAMs for BG (but alas, that will have to wait). The jar, btw, contains a tongue. How cool is that? It makes my BAMs for that Barney mod look like kindergarten.

I think you could check blackwyrmlair or spellholdstudios for item bams.
Well if you know of any specific links, that'd be great. It'd certainly save a lot of time for some mods I know of if there was a community BAM resource. Though I dunno if they have item BAMs, especially not ones this specific. BWL does have some graphical resources, but mainly for areas, portraits and tilesets.

Damn forum would only let me post so many images, even though they're hosted on my server :). Anyway, I didn't see a lockpick item in the game, but I saw the so-called earrings with the (tiny) lockpick BAM. I saw another earring BAM in the game that might work (amber earrings):

earambl.gif

But it didn't really fit the description for the chained-teeth earrrings, and it's already used for something else anyway. So I did BAMs for both a (theoretical) lockpick set and the earrings:

locksetl.giflocksets.gifearlockl.gifearlocks.gif

The lockpick BAM is here, and the earring BAM here. The big lockpick could probably be sharpened a bit, but it's better than it was anyway. The earrings turned out pretty well though I think. They might look a wee bit choppy, but all BAMs do on a light background (in the game it's usually pretty dark). I might even have to steal them for my Thievery mod, if I ever get around to it again. Oh wait, can I steal something from myself? Of course I can! :)

Archived