Shrek 3

Kulyok

... sucks. Much, much worse than part 2. It's all(at least in translation) teenage slang, crude "burp" jokes, and some very cheesy lines, which at times look like propaganda shoved down one's throat. Even some kids were leaving.

:)

I have very fond memories of adults and kids laughing constantly during Shrek - not all at the same time, at times, but it was pretty cool.

#2 was a substantial letdown.

I think I will skip 3 completely :)

Hopefully the Third = Sux trend doesn't carry over into much more of the summer. I'm looking forward to Pirates 3, Oceans 13, and The Bourne Ultimatum (or whatever it's called).

I never got past the first one, but then I'm deeply suspicious of all cartoon and comic movies. I couldn't understand why an ogre has antennae, or a Scottish brogue in the form of Canadian Mike Myers (but voiced a la the father in "So I Married an Axe Murderer"/"Fat Bastard" in Austin Powers).

I have high hopes for the Bourne and Oceans 13, too; my bet is that they escape the curse. In those cases I found the stories getting better, and the entertainment getting better with each version, so i am hopeful that they will continue the trend.

(With Oeans 11, I watched the original and then saw the remake; for the first time I can remember, the remake was as good or better than the original [american version of the french film I have never seen])

Archived